Time for Jets to get Brutally Honest, Make In-House Changes

JetNation

3 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

the fact that Brownlee has never been active is laughable

the reality is they need Brownlee active AND to trade for a WR

Agreed. They need someone at least near the level of Corey Davis, but can stay on the field. I think they are really missing him right now. Lazard ain’t it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Bench Dalvin Cook:

In all reality, the Jets should be releasing Dalvin Cook.  I  mean, trading him for a day 3 pick would be the best route to take, but is anyone honestly giving anything in return for a guy whose best days are clearly behind him?  Cook has little to no value on the football field at this point.  He’s averaging 2.8 yards per carry on the season and even that number seems much higher than it should be.  Get rookie Israel Abankianda in the mix or poach a back from somebody else’s practice squad.  How many guys are on a practice squad right now who couldn’t give you better than 2.8 per carry?

Same for Randall Cobb:

It makes sense that the Jets wanted to put a smile on Aaron Rodgers’ face and bring one of his best buddies to 1 Jets Drive with him, but this is just a waste of a roster spot at this point.  Cobb is seeing far too many reps for a guy who is bringing little to nothing to the table.  If the Jets are serious about being contenders, they can’t be handing out reps to guys because they used to be good.

More Ruckert, Less Uzomah:

CJ Uzomah is one of the most likeable guys on this roster and there may not be more than one or two players above him.  He’s a perfect locker room guy, he says and does all the right things and he plays hard.  That being said, Jeremy Ruckert is the better player at this point and brings more to the table.

Jason Brownlee as a red zone option:

Needing a boost in the red zone, perhaps the Jets should look to activate and target Jason Brownlee.  His combination of height, length and hands make him a player who could do some damage in the red, erm…gold, area.

The post Time for Jets to get Brutally Honest, Make In-House Changes appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

- Dalvin Cook has given us, essentially, nothing. Get him off the field, get others some experience. Most younger guys can give us more production than him. How many times do we see no-name RBs tearing it up during a game?

- Why is Randall Cobb on the team? Even Rodgers can understand this dude needs cut. He's had a good career. It's jackhammer time.

- We need a solid #2 WR, whether it's in house or go get someone. I personally don't think it's in house. We need O line and WR upgrades now since we're hunting for the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

So where is the brutally honest take on Zach Wilson?   This aint close to being a mildly dishonest. make in-house changes take.  Trade for a damn QB that can at least do some damage in the red zone.  We have been fortunate to win the games we did with practically no help from Zach.   Unless Woody, JD and Saleh have decided to just treat the season as a learning  experiment for Zach and look towards next year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 13
  • Post of the Week 5

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

So where is the brutally honest take on Zach Wilson?   This aint close to being a mildly dishonest. make in-house changes take.  Trade for a damn QB that can at least do some damage in the red zone.  We have been fortunate to win the games we did with practically no help from Zach.   Unless Woody, JD and Saleh have decided to just treat the season as a learning  experiment for Zach and look towards next year.  

I think in the spirit of being brutally honest with ourselves, we need to accept there isn’t going to be a move at QB unless Wilson goes down.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Izzy showed nice explosiveness in the preseason, would def love to see him get some run over Cook

I still hold out hope for Cook. Michael Carter at this point should be let go. He’s useless and a mope. Why he’s still the default 3rd down guy is puzzling. Brings zero to the team.

12 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

i agree. but im afraid Zach has done enough for these idiots not only this year but to make him the starter in 2025. and that is scarier than any movie were going to watch this halloweeen. 

its like 2009. great defense really good RB and just need a QB not to turn it over. there fine with Mark Sanchez 2.0

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I love when dime store pundits think they know more about personnel and coaching than the GM and HC.

Over the history of the new york jets:

Dime store pundits right about 95% of the time, jets coach and gm right about 5% of he time.

If you go by the jetnation draft forum over the last 10 years or so we would have had VASTLY better teams and avoided some total dog players.

Wake me with the Jets 'pros' make the playoffs for a change.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I love when dime store pundits think they know more about personnel and coaching than the GM and HC.

Because as we all know, the GM and head coach always get it right.

I remember all those idiots who said Adam Gase was a dumb hire.  Talk about having egg on your collective faces.

• Upvote 3

I still hold out hope for Cook. Michael Carter at this point should be let go. He’s useless and a mope. Why he’s still the default 3rd down guy is puzzling. Brings zero to the team.
Yes, and what makes Carter a 3rd down back... he's dropped a couple of passes and is he even a great blocker? Seems too easy to flip him for izzy..

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, green&white said:

I'd love to see Irvin Charles get some red zone snaps.  6'4" and can fly.  But yeah, put brownlee out there for christ's sake!  The receivers that are currently being utilized suck ass

BAM! Exactly what I was thinking. IC is already on the 53 man roster.

Cobb should sit and Gipson should be in there. He’s electric… our version of Tank Dell. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, green&white said:

I'd love to see Irvin Charles get some red zone snaps.  6'4" and can fly.  But yeah, put brownlee out there for christ's sake!  The receivers that are currently being utilized suck ass

I have been a big fan since last preseason of Irv...never understood why they kept Mims over him...He was a big reason for Strev success last preseason plus he was a good gunner last preseason as well as we saw that as well.  While we saw Mims avoid contact in STs in one clip from last preseason as well.

Thankfully they didnt lose Irv.  I have a feeling we will see more of him on offense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agree with all of this and will add that Michael Carter shouldn't be too far behind Cook on the bench. He's been bad and aside from the occasional rest those should be breece hall snaps. The RB position has been a disaster after breece. 

i dunno - yeah Carter has had some butter fingers but the dude can pass block...for a little guy he really puts heart into it against guys 2x his size.  Still think they should have kept Bam over Cook even tho Bam got hurt which doesnt mean he would have gotten hurt here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Jets just beat the defending NFC champs — regardless of how absurd it was — so I don’t think anything is gonna change. Coaching staff thinks they’ve got something going. We’ll see after the bye. Anything less than 6-3 going into the Buffalo rematch is unacceptable. We need to handle teams like the Giants, Raiders & Chargers. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Because as we all know, the GM and head coach always get it right.

I remember all those idiots who said Adam Gase was a dumb hire.  Talk about having egg on your collective faces.

Gase won 7 games with a sh*t roster before JD came in and tore everything down to the studs. 
Get back to me when we win more games than that in a season. We’re in year 4 of that rebuild now and still haven’t.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Meh…. I’m calling BS on that.

Sure, if you get a hundred guys throwing names out there in mock drafts or FA threads some are going to hit on a few.

In the real world half this board wanted Carr, Ryan or Tannehill as QB this year.
They wanted to release Becton and before this season and before last year QW was a bust and they were saying to free Mims.

80% of you liked McDonald as our #1 pick this year, and you guys still fawn over Clemons because he looks mean.

I won’t even get into how many here wanted and thought Darnold was a generational QB two years into his career.

Whether you want to admit it or not… We’re just fans talking out of our ass.

I can a sure you not one person wanted McDonald at #15

Re the QBs, Carr or tannehill would be large improvements at QB.

No rational person wanted becton released.

I will stick with my thoughts.   Go look on some of the who do you NOT want the jets to draft over the years in the draft form and it is littered with terrible guys like hackenburg and lee and such.

The jets have not made the playoffs in like 13 years and many of the drafts have been total shi*, far far worse than simple silly mocks by joe fan.

• More Ugh 1

I think the board is always fired up thinking the unseen is better than what we have.   I hope Izzy gets worked in but I think you guys are too hard on Cobb.   The guy plays tough and deserves his snaps IMO.  I think they should try to get more sets for Gipson but don't see reason for Brownlee barring injury.  

They did seem to have Charles and Lazard on the field for some of those alleged 13 personnel sets

I like Ruckert but Conklin seems like he deserves every target he can get.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don't know why they are pretty flexible with personnel packages on both sides, except Carter is the 3rd down back. It isn't working, Izzy should be active. They can decide who that is bad for Carter or Cook. But they need more explosiveness.

Carter's roster spot is sage, he is beloved and keeps the locker room loose. I would be surprised to see him not on the roster. But they need to change something.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Cook is out of shape. Id give him another month. It’s a long season. Didn’t Brownlee commit a penalty Sunday?

Hopefully that is the case with Cook. If so make him inactive and get Izzy out there.

Brownlee might have committed a penalty but unless he had a camera crew at his house, none of us would know.

• Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Hopefully that is the case with Cook. If so make him inactive and get Izzy out there.

Brownlee might have committed a penalty but unless he had a camera crew at his house, none of us would know.

Lol he was inactive?  I thought I heard his name😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I can a sure you not one person wanted McDonald at #15

Re the QBs, Carr or tannehill would be large improvements at QB.

No rational person wanted becton released.

I will stick with my thoughts.   Go look on some of the who do you NOT want the jets to draft over the years in the draft form and it is littered with terrible guys like hackenburg and lee and such.

The jets have not made the playoffs in like 13 years and many of the drafts have been total shi*, far far worse than simple silly mocks by joe fan.

Okay, I’ll play along.
You’re as frequent a poster here as anyone, and you participate in the mock draft thread if I’m not mistaken.

Show us your last 5 drafts, and let’s see if you are better than oh… let’s say Macc? That should be no problem for an internet GM.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't know why they are pretty flexible with personnel packages on both sides, except Carter is the 3rd down back. It isn't working, Izzy should be active. They can decide who that is bad for Carter or Cook. But they need more explosiveness.

Carter's roster spot is sage, he is beloved and keeps the locker room loose. I would be surprised to see him not on the roster. But they need to change something.

I was old to remember last season when they barely played Breece Hall until the Steelers game.

They waited too long just like they are with Izzy now. Let the kid play !