Reaction: Chris Long on Eagles vs. Jets

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was surprised to hear this reaction and I think pretty good points. Zach has played better, didnt think that was his best game out of the three but it probably was.  

Hard to disagree considering the def they were playing and the injuries to the line.

Really nice discussion of the game.

He made the excuses for Hurts that we usually reserve for Wilson!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was surprised to hear this reaction and I think pretty good points. Zach has played better, didnt think that was his best game out of the three but it probably was.  

Hard to disagree considering the def they were playing and the injuries to the line.

Good listen 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would like to see Brownlee suit up over Cobb.  Better Red Zone threat.

I think the Broncos are going to tear things down.  I wonder what Jerry Jeudy or Sutton would cost?  It would be nice if we could get a solid #2 across from Garrett.  That would open up the offense.  

Hunter Renfrew?  Marquise Brown? JuJu?

I think with another WR, we start turning some of those field goals into TD's.

Also a good insurance plan for Garrett Wilson who gets up gimpy once or twice every game. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think the Broncos are going to tear things down.  I wonder what Jerry Jeudy or Sutton would cost?  It would be nice if we could get a solid #2 across from Garrett.  That would open up the offense.  

Hopefully Corey Davis just needed a break and we get him back soon.  Not that there has been any indication of that.

• Haha 1

I sure hope some of the Zach haters on this board don.t listen to this pod cast. Clearly Chris Long cant  evaluate Zach's performance the correct way. The way that they do. I mean he didn't even bring up any old stats to support his position? Must be a Zach truther!....lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Like how no one is mentioning that Hurts ran all game yet there magically was never a holding? When QBs run like he was. Not sure the exact numbers. But A LOT of the time there's holdings. Yet the refs called 0. That's what even had PHI in this game. Was Hurts extending plays. Can't tell me they didn't gold at all in the what seemed like 20 times he scrambled for a while.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

With our TE’s, don’t you think we have sufficient large targets? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like how no one is mentioning that Hurts ran all game yet there magically was never a holding? When QBs run like he was. Not sure the exact numbers. But A LOT of the time there's holdings. Yet the refs called 0. That's what even had PHI in this game. Was Hurts extending plays. Can't tell me they didn't gold at all in the what seemed like 20 times he scrambled for a while.

I don’t think there were zero holdings call, I thought I remembered one. I watched a couple of quarters of line play only…..their DL appeared to play fairly clean, especially compared to the KC and NE games. Those were ridiculous holds never called.

• WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

With our TE’s, don’t you think we have sufficient large targets? 

Nope.  I would like to see a WR2.  I like Lazard, but think he is more of a slot guy.  If we had a WR2, I think the offense would be running a LOT better.  But I am under no false pretense that the guy throwing the ball has to be better in the red zone as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OilfieldJet said:

I don’t think there were zero holdings call, I thought I remembered one. I watched a couple of quarters of line play only…..their DL appeared to play fairly clean, especially compared to the KC and NE games. Those were ridiculous holds never called.

Very well could be true. I just find it hard to believe that with all that running around that Hurts did to avoid sacks and such that extended plays... that there weren't several holding calls or illegal men down the field calls. Top that with the way the refs have been against us all year. That shady Hurts TD call. Just seems like every week we have to beat the team in front of us AND the refs.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Then you'll get a kick out of Glenn's recent article here....

https://www.jetnation.com/2023/10/16/time-for-jets-to-get-brutally-honest-make-in-house-changes/

@JetNation

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Very well could be true. I just find it hard to believe that with all that running around that Hurts did to avoid sacks and such that extended plays... that there weren't several holding calls or illegal men down the field calls. Top that with the way the refs have been against us all year. That shady Hurts TD call. Just seems like every week we have to beat the team in front of us AND the refs.

You may be right. Generally the football observers on this board catch the egregious holds.