Randall Cobb = worst player in NFL?

Rhg1084

His run block "grade" means nothing to me.  He's been pretty bad with drops but I don't expect that to continue.  He's clearly playing more than other guys like Hardman because he can run these short routes and find openings, which is something they value for Zach as opposed to Hardman where it's go routes and reverses.  He 100% needs to be better though, and hopefully that 2-pt conversion sparks some kind of improved play going forward.  

At the end of the day it's whatever though.  He was brought in because of his familiarity with Rodgers and Hackett.  Rodgers went down.  He's on a one year deal for peanuts.  He's a guy who shouldn't be hard to replace/upgrade.  If this was Lazard we were talking about, then yeah I'd be concerned.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I know he’s Rodgers bestie, but that gives him a pass for the whole season?

I think the bye will give this team some time to evaluate the offensive problems. Cobs play will stick out as one of the problems. Cobb will likely be phased out while guys like Gipson, brownlee, and maybe even hardman getting most of his reps. Outside of Wilson and maybe Conklin, we don’t have any playmakers running passing routes. These young guys deserve a shot, cobb is better suited on the sideline playing more of a mentor role.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

His run block "grade" means nothing to me.  He's been pretty bad with drops but I don't expect that to continue.  He's clearly playing more than other guys like Hardman because he can run these short routes and find openings, which is something they value for Zach as opposed to Hardman where it's go routes and reverses.  He 100% needs to be better though, and hopefully that 2-pt conversion sparks some kind of improved play going forward.  

At the end of the day it's whatever though.  He was brought in because of his familiarity with Rodgers and Hackett.  Rodgers went down.  He's on a one year deal for peanuts.  He's a guy who shouldn't be hard to replace/upgrade.  If this was Lazard we were talking about, then yeah I'd be concerned.  

He's old and sucks and plays 50% of the snaps. It needs to change along with either Cook or Carter. I have my doubts anything will change though with this coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hard to judge a WR when have a qb like Zach Sanchez. If we had a good qb Garrett would be top of league, Cobb would be out of the bottom.

Not that hard to judge him when we’re watching him drop passes not do anything out there 

22 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He's old and sucks and plays 50% of the snaps. It needs to change along with either Cook or Carter. I have my doubts anything will change though with this coaching staff. 

"This coaching staff" lol

Tough crowd.  3-3 at the bye without your #1 QB, a near decimated OL again, and just beat the only remaining undefeated team....and it's "this coaching staff".  SHEESH playing/coaching in NY ain't for the weak of heart.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

"This coaching staff" lol

Tough crowd.  3-3 at the bye without your #1 QB, a near decimated OL again, and just beat the only remaining undefeated team....and it's "this coaching staff".  SHEESH playing/coaching in NY ain't for the weak of heart.  

Seriously … I think Saleh could be a COY candidate the way he’s rallied the troops and righted the ship so far. Let’s see these next 3 games go but I think we should go 3-0.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Not that hard to judge him when we’re watching him drop passes not do anything out there 

Ya. Not hard to judge zach Wilson throw behind him and others, or simply not even seeing wide open receivers downfield. Because Zach doesn’t look or throw downfield. But I agree, we definitely can upgrade on both Cobb and definitely Zach sanchez during the bye..

• Thumb Down 3

Cobb has been washed up for years now. We all know that literally the only reason they signed him in the first place was Rodgers. I'd have to guess they had original plans of him being more a locker room presence and getting less play time, but I think the Corey Davis retirement screwed that up, and clearly the team has not liked what they've seen from Hardman (although never understood what they were thinking they'd get out of a guy who couldn't succeed with Mahomes and Reid).

I definitely agree with others that's it's time to give the other young guys more opportunities though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If the Jets haven't made it clear enough - they will do anything and everything Aaron Rodgers wants.   If Rodgers wants Cobb on the field, Cobb will be on the field.  

I hope he realized that's he's holding the team and offense back and gives the green light for less reps.

Cobb spit-shines Rodgers' boots.  How is going to get rid of that? 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

He needs to be removed from the WR rotation.  He's the only vet voice
in the WR room so I'm not against him being kept on the roster.  But
Gipson, Hardman, Brownlee and Charles need to be splitting up his reps.
Gipson and Hardman will increase our speed while Brownlee and Charles
each have a huge catch radius

If he wants the path, I think he is a great coach candidate. Agree completely with your plan.