Jump to content

Looking ahead at remaining schedule


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Outside of the Giants and Pats(who we cant beat), there are a lot of good teams on our remaining schedule.

We are going to have to play some really good football to have a shot at the playoffs.

If it's a win and in game in New England in the final week of the season this place will be on a suicide watch.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m keeping an open mind about our QB’s future performance. While ZW is showing signs of improved play, I realize he has to still make quite a leap to be considered ‘average’ - league wide.  Chances are he doesn’t improve enough to be at such a level, but the jury is still out, imo.   

Have to admit there are a lot of smart football minds here..with many seeing ZW as a hopeless cause - who must be replaced by a newly acquired QB asap..for the Jets to have a chance to make the postseason.  

I’m not in that camp, but I respect the opinion.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

I find the idea that the Jets are an "clear favorite" over the Commanders to be an interesting thought.  Alot of games between now and then to provide a more accurate reading, but I'd expect that game to be much closer to even, with maybe a shift to the Jets for home field. 'Ders O is better than ours by quite a bit, with a better QB, better skill players at WR, worse at #1 RB but better at RB as a group (depends on Izzy), and a similarly average or maybe worse O-line.  'Ders Defense has been a huge disappointment so far, they were expected to be as good or even slightly better than ours.  I expect they'll improve, albeit who knows by how much.  I think the 'Ders will likely be a very tough game and end quite close.

The 'Ders? 😅

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What starting qb in the nfl is worse then zach wilson?  His last 2 games hes thrown 0 tds and under 200 yards passing.  Ill hang up and listen.

Mac Jones, Pickett, Tannehill, Young are all worse for the full season in Total QBR. And all are very limited talent wise. Zach is better than all of those guys right now.  He's better than Daniel Jones. Tannehill is a shell of what he was. And Zach is ascending not static.

But to be honest, I look at it this way. Zach was never intended to start. The offense was designed specifically for Rodgers. Very static. Intended to be manipulated by Rodgers based on coverage.

It wasn't until the KC game that they had the offense in a reasonable spot for him. There are literally articles about how it took until the KC to revamp the offense for Zach

And he has played solid the last 3 games.

He is 

65/98 66.3% 2 TDs 1 INT 630 yards Rating 86.6

86.6 rating is around 20th and where Stafford, Hurts, Garappolo are.

Over the last 3 games in Total QBR he is 19th, 22nd and 13th and that is playing KC and Phi with Denver (who got back 3 defensive players)

In all 3 of those games he outplayed the other QB

Zach went into the KC game in a do or die situation and he played very well. Had he tanked Sieimian would be our QB right now.

Now I am not saying he is playing elite or very good even. He is playing sort of near the bottom of average (which is better than a backup)

And bottom of average is definitely not the worst QB in the NFL. And bottom of average with good ball protection is solid.

Was he the worst QB in the NFL last year? Maybe

But he is far from that this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Mac Jones, Pickett, Tannehill, Young are all worse for the full season in Total QBR. And all are very limited talent wise. Zach is better than all of those guys right now.  He's better than Daniel Jones. Tannehill is a shell of what he was. And Zach is ascending not static.

But to be honest, I look at it this way. Zach was never intended to start. The offense was designed specifically for Rodgers. Very static. Intended to be manipulated by Rodgers based on coverage.

It wasn't until the KC game that they had the offense in a reasonable spot for him. There are literally articles about how it took until the KC to revamp the offense for Zach

And he has played solid the last 3 games.

He is 

65/98 66.3% 2 TDs 1 INT 630 yards Rating 86.6

86.6 rating is around 20th and where Stafford, Hurts, Garappolo are.

Over the last 3 games in Total QBR he is 19th, 22nd and 13th and that is playing KC and Phi with Denver (who got back 3 defensive players)

In all 3 of those games he outplayed the other QB

Zach went into the KC game in a do or die situation and he played very well. Had he tanked Sieimian would be our QB right now.

Now I am not saying he is playing elite or very good even. He is playing sort of near the bottom of average (which is better than a backup)

And bottom of average is definitely not the worst QB in the NFL. And bottom of average with good ball protection is solid.

Was he the worst QB in the NFL last year? Maybe

But he is far from that this year.

Zach is the only qb who is considered ascending yet cant throw a td or for over 200 yards in the last 2 games.  Hahahahahahaaha.

What if he throws for 201 yards and 1 td next game.  Is he now skyrocketing?

Hahahahahaahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is the only qb who is considered ascending yet cant throw a td or for over 200 yards in the last 2 games.  Hahahahahahaaha.

What if he throws for 201 yards and 1 td next game.  Is he now skyrocketing?

Hahahahahaahaha

Why does every thread and turn into a Zach argument? There’s a perfectly good Zach debate going on in TomShane’s thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Why does every thread and turn into a Zach argument? There’s a perfectly good Zach debate going on in TomShane’s thread.

You are right.  My bad.  Lets get back to the schedule.  We are going to have to bring it every week.  These are going to be competitive games that are going to come down to the 4th quarter.

Ill be at the black friday game and the game in mismi.  Should be alot of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are right.  My bad.  Lets get back to the schedule.  We are going to have to bring it every week.  These are going to be competitive games that are going to come down to the 4th quarter.

Ill be at the black friday game and the game in mismi.  Should be alot of fun.

If the Jets can win a few before then that game is going to be rocking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...