Aaron Rodgers Smarter Than We Think

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think I've seen a few people mention this line of thinking. And I think it could be true.

I think Rodgers didn't fully tear his Achilles. Still a major surgery. But would certainly shorten the recovery time. Throw on top of that that he's in shape and had a modern surgery. His what seemed like a hugely unrealistic timetable of returning this season doesn't seem that crazy now. Especially seeing him walking and throwing already. We all know he'll work his tail off to get back this year as well.

Where I think he might be smarter than we think is that he didn't say it was a partial tear. So his "return" story this year is a big story.

Where this benefits us even deeper is that he likely isn't returning before he could still play 65% of the snaps.. He'd have to return in the Next few weeks for that to happen. And that's not happening. So what could happen of all this? He returns with us still in the playoff race around Week 14. And leads us to a deep playoff run. making it to where we are contenders this year as well as GB only getting a very late 2nd in return next year for him.

Ha cool conspiracy:) but I think it would have gotten out it was only a partial tear. Also someone debunked this conspiracy as a possibility already. The bridge repair method rodgers had, would require basically surgeon needed fully torn Achilles to perform. Whether it was done on the field or on the operating table. 

• Upvote 3

I’m not fooled by the early stuff we seeing.  His accelerated progression is not through magic but more so risk assessment and his risk tolerance.  The integrity of the repair is not in question necessarily but if you overload the calf/tendon this early it can overstretch and takeaway the elasticity of the structure and the strength potential of the calf muscles. Which then leaves it more susceptible to reinjury later. 

I’m impressed that he even wants to do an accelerated approach more so because it’s not necessary since he’s not coming back until next year anyway. If we made the Super Bowl maybe he could risk it and play. Maybe the AFC Champ game too. But there’s no question, it would be a risk for reinjury. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A-Rodge in week 18 vs NE

Great heart, but that's how bad the competition was in the NBA.  There is no way that Chamberlain would have scored 100 points or Reed sustain the game in today's NBA. 

What's the relevance? AR will not make a comeback this year, put it to rest. 

30 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The bridge repair method rodgers had, would require basically surgeon needed fully torn Achilles to perform. Whether it was done on the field or on the operating table. 

This^

Richard Sherman said this on Undisputed.

no chance he isn’t recovering from a full on tear either way you slice it.

• Upvote 2

He has the new bridge  it does speed up recovery. However a few years ago they were trying  similar fast recovery methods and they led to re-injury and seriously compromised health in the lower leg that the official stance us to go the longer term full heal method. We will see but lots of long term rusk in what he is doing

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think I've seen a few people mention this line of thinking. And I think it could be true.

I think Rodgers didn't fully tear his Achilles. Still a major surgery. But would certainly shorten the recovery time. Throw on top of that that he's in shape and had a modern surgery. His what seemed like a hugely unrealistic timetable of returning this season doesn't seem that crazy now. Especially seeing him walking and throwing already. We all know he'll work his tail off to get back this year as well.

Where I think he might be smarter than we think is that he didn't say it was a partial tear. So his "return" story this year is a big story.

Where this benefits us even deeper is that he likely isn't returning before he could still play 65% of the snaps.. He'd have to return in the Next few weeks for that to happen. And that's not happening. So what could happen of all this? He returns with us still in the playoff race around Week 14. And leads us to a deep playoff run. making it to where we are contenders this year as well as GB only getting a very late 2nd in return next year for him.

if it wasnt a complete tear, we would not have seen his calf recoil the way it did.  

Not a doctor, but there has been plenty of interest and reporting around this. The recovery time being shortened, like always, is rooted in science. It's not some mystery "did he not fully tear it", it's related to the fact that the procedure allows for that brace to support the area so he can do things like put weight on it. He can't do things, nor would want to do things like stretch the area, so he won't be doing plyometric exercises anytime soon. But what it seems to allow for in addition to the protection to the tendon is to avoid the atrophying of the supporting muscles so rehab to build that back up. A lot of the time savings is probably from the back end of building up atrophied muscles. Also would help with the scar tissue to keep it mobilized. But the injury itself needs time to heal so it's still unlikely to me that he's in playing shape by end of season, but who cares, he's actually being a good teammate when he doesn't have to.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

His surgery was not typical and is a new treatment called, "speed bridge” surgery that running back Cam Akers had prior to the 2021 season. Akers, who was with the LAR at the time, was cleared to play five months later.

Rodgers said he asked his surgeon, Dr. Neal ElAttrache, from the start if the 39-year-old would be able to “push it” with his rehab. Thus far, he feels he has been able to do that.

My wife is schedule for surgery on the Ach tomorrow... but will not be getting the speed bridge...LOL. 

4 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

If we made the Super Bowl maybe he could risk it and play. Maybe the AFC Champ game too. But there’s no question, it would be a risk for reinjury. 

If we make it that far, it would mean that Zach has become at least an average QB or they traded for one. In that case there would be no need to start a rusty AR. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I’m not fooled by the early stuff we seeing.  His accelerated progression is not through magic but more so risk assessment and his risk tolerance.  The integrity of the repair is not in question necessarily but if you overload the calf/tendon this early it can overstretch and takeaway the elasticity of the structure and the strength potential of the calf muscles. Which then leaves it more susceptible to reinjury later. 

I’m impressed that he even wants to do an accelerated approach more so because it’s not necessary since he’s not coming back until next year anyway. If we made the Super Bowl maybe he could risk it and play. Maybe the AFC Champ game too. But there’s no question, it would be a risk for reinjury. 

Honest question.  I know we don't have massive confidence in Zach.  But if we made it to the AFC Champ game with him, would we really want someone who hasn't played a game for a year to step in coming off an achilles tear?  If we make it that far, something is obviously working and Zach clearly would have taken another step forward and the offense would have spent the entire season and playoffs adjusting to him.

It would certainly be a tough call, "thanks for getting us here kid, I'll take it from here."

Can you imagine if the offense sputtered and we lost that game?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

you cant just partially burst it, they tear completely no matter what so it will heal