Can you imagine if we were in the Giants position?

I would've franchised D Jones and made him prove it again before giving him that ridiculous contract.  If Barkley had to walk then so be it.  Very stupid decision.  The media will be on them when they get embarrassed again by Dallas and Philly.  Other than their opener, they haven't played any division games.  

• Upvote 3

Saleh needs to show the victor cruz play everyday.

this is not an easy win regardless of how the giants have looked

jets are simply not good enough to take anyone for granted.

kick the giants ass and I will be Back here as well gloating but until then, I am scared of that game

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It goes without saying the Giants game must be a W for the Jets.  But IMHO it's important for the Jets to have a "no doubter."  They need to finish for the FIRST TIME with a lead after the 1st Half.  Then, they need to pull away.  Good teams beat the teams they should.  We saw that with the Jets vs. Denver, we didn't see it vs. New England.  There really shouldn't be a time in the 4th quarter vs the Giants that the Giants have the ball and are within one score.

I would love to see it.

I was going to say that this regime has been pretty terrible in the game right after the bye, but both of them were Patriots games. One was the 54-13 blowout and the other was the 10-3 blowout.

The Jets haven't won the game after the bye since 2015, though.

If there's any team to break that streak against, it's the Giants.

• Upvote 3

This is basically where the team was after that big Sanchez extension. Rex was supposed to bring it home with Sanchez and the whole thing fell apart. 

Well then also with the Fitz contract where the team was supposed to make the big push after the near wildcard 10-6 year. Then Fitzpatrick did his usual. 

Performance-wise we've been there with Darnold and Wilson just without the big contract. 

The Giants always get a pass. They are an original NFL team while the Jets are loud mouthed newcomers who play the heel, especially for NY teams.

9 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

This is basically where the team was after that big Sanchez extension. Rex was supposed to bring it home with Sanchez and the whole thing fell apart. 

Well then also with the Fitz contract where the team was supposed to make the big push after the near wildcard 10-6 year. Then Fitzpatrick did his usual. 

Performance-wise we've been there with Darnold and Wilson just without the big contract. 

The Giants always get a pass. They are an original NFL team while the Jets are loud mouthed newcomers who play the heel, especially for NY teams.

Yes it is very similar. Looking at Daboll I think he might not have the coaching chops to handle adversity. Things could get really ugly.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Giants can get out of that contract after 2024 and you have to believe they’re seriously scouting qbs now.  But also the rest of the team really isn’t good and neal sucks so they could easily go OL in round 1 again.  All goes back to drafting.  

True.  If you have one monster draft it can turn your team around quickly.  Look at our 2022 draft

3 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Foolish contract to Daniel Jones who isn't worth the money and is now injured. Their offensive line is in shambles. They've looked pitiful and absolutely non competitive at times

They're 1-5 and should be 0-6. Possibly the worst team in football. They're certainly down there with the Cards, Bears, Patriots and Panthers. They just lost a game to the Bills that Buffalo desperately tried to give away and couldn't. Asinine play-calling on the sidelines on multiple occasions, the players are undisciplined and brawling on the field (and they've committed a ton of penalties in general this season)

Can you imagine if this was us? How the media would revel in it and hype our misfortune at every turn, turning us into a Benny Hill themed comedy? We'd be called a poverty franchise in all out chaos that needs to be avoided like the plague, a circus with a clueless coach and players who are out of control.

Mike Francesa would be bellowing about how we're a laughingstock with no plan and no direction who need to look across the stadium to the classy big brother Giants and learn how a real franchise operates and go about business

But look how soft they are on them. This is not anything like the pummeling the Jets would be getting. Or that they WERE getting at 1-3.

For some reason I really REALLY want to beat them like 52-6 in 2 weeks.

amazing that they paid Daniel Jones and no Barkley. my thought was he shoudl have tekent he 12 oe 13 offered to him, but really he should be highest paid player ont he team

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Yes it is very similar. Looking at Daboll I think he might not have the coaching chops to handle adversity. Things could get really ugly.

there already getting on him for him throwing things on the sideline. 1st they thought he had it out for DJ but now he did it to Taylor too. god only knows what he does in practice and in the locker room.

i cant imagine FAs lining up to play for a coach like this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I am not sure I've seen a coach throw so many tantrums. Doesn't help that he looks like a giant baby.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hit Cartel said:

If we lose to the Giants, I will stop being a Jets fan for 15 minutes. Guaranteed.

We need to be very careful.  That is going to be the biggest game left on their schedule.  We are going to have to play really good football to beat them.

Just like we caught the eagles sleeping, that cannot happen to us or we will lose.

• Upvote 1