CBS: Aaron Rodgers on pace for unprecedented return, possibly as soon as Week 15, injury expert says

Ulrich

I know it's been conjectured about what we do with Zach, if he's playing well, when Rodgers returns.

To me, the day we signed AR, ZW became the QB2. And the moment AR is ready to compete, QB2 goes back to the pine. Only part that sucks is we all knew going in AR would need a few games to get his feet under him and get to know a new team under fire, even before he got hurt. Same thing's gonna apply when he gets back.....

I love the story and I hope we get updates like this every week...

I also like the story perpetuating to serve as a bit of a distraction for the team, but at the same time, his presence sure seems to be a major boost in the locker room and it's obvious he has been a big help to Wilson's maturity and development.

If the Jets finish the season strong, say with 10 wins and make the playoffs, and Zach is playing solid to good footbal, he will have been a big part of the Jets making the playoffs. Taking Zach out of the lineup in this case wouldn't make sense unless. Rodgers would have to be 100% healthy, which I don't think he will be at any point this year coming off that injury. But it will serve well that Rodgers will be ready to go by the off-season program and OTA's.

12 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I love the story and I hope we get updates like this every week...

I also like the story perpetuating to serve as a bit of a distraction for the team, but at the same time, his presence sure seems to be a major boost in the locker room and it's obvious he has been a big help to Wilson's maturity and development.

If the Jets finish the season strong, say with 10 wins and make the playoffs, and Zach is playing solid to good footbal, he will have been a big part of the Jets making the playoffs. Taking Zach out of the lineup in this case wouldn't make sense unless. Rodgers would have to be 100% healthy, which I don't think he will be at any point this year coming off that injury. But it will serve well that Rodgers will be ready to go by the off-season program and OTA's.

The moment Rodgers is cleared to play AND he wants to play - he’s playing. Zach could be lighting it up - and it won’t matter. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The moment Rodgers is cleared to play AND he wants to play - he’s playing. Zach could be lighting it up - and it won’t matter. 

Most likely true.  I'd expect to see Rodgers practicing for at least a couple weeks before anyone would think about putting him on the field again though.

The best of all possible scenarios is a Jets team in the think of a playoff chase with a returning Aaron Rodgers where we now know that if something happens we can throw Wilson back in there without fear that the whole offense would fall apart.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m right here my friend. $250 says he won’t be back playing in week 15.

Ohh week 15 now ? Lol. I’d say week 17. Thurs game away vs browns. Spare zach the excuse of the short week on road. 
Are you a Zach die harder ? Most are ones who say rodgers isn’t coming back. So you would be ok with betting that Zach Wilson will play well enough to keep jets in playoff picture by week 15, or whenever rodgers decides to come back. Reasonable play off picture, like in control of own destiny. 

There must be a betting platform to make that bet. Since you think it’s a sure definite he isn’t playing. I may look, because I’m sure the odds are against him. Maybe betting $250 will only net you a hundo. While betting $250 he does play probably would pay out a grand. 

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ohh week 15 now ? Lol. I’d say week 17. Thurs game away vs browns. Spare zach the excuse of the short week on road. 
Are you a Zach die harder ? Most are ones who say rodgers isn’t coming back. So you would be ok with betting that Zach Wilson will play well enough to keep jets in playoff picture by week 15. Reasonable play off picture, like in control of own destiny. 

There must be a betting platform to make that bet. Since you think it’s a sure definite he isn’t playing. I may look, because I’m sure the odds are against him. Maybe betting $250 will only net you a hundo. While betting $250 he does play probably would pay out a grand. 

Zach Wilson? 😂😂😂😂

What does Zach Wilson have to do with you telling people to put their money where their mouth is about Rodgers playing this season?

You’re the one who wanted the people who don’t think he’ll be back to put their money where their mouth is, so that’s what I did.  
You say he’ll play week 17 vs the Browns? Fine. I’m in. I say he won’t. 

I’m doing what you asked. I’m putting up $250 where my mouth is my friend. Are you in or out?

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Zach Wilson? 😂😂😂😂

What does Zach Wilson have to do with you telling people to put their money where their mouth is about Rodgers playing this season?

You’re the one who wanted the people who don’t think he’ll be back to put their money where their mouth is, so that’s what I did.  
You say he’ll play week 17 vs the Browns? Fine. I’m in. I say he won’t. 

I’m doing what you asked. I’m putting up $250 where my mouth is my friend. Are you in or out?

Well genius, we know if the jets are not in the playoff picture by end of the yr, it won’t be because of the defense. It will be because Zach just suckked that bad. Rodgers is coming back only if jets are in the playoff hunt. That is what Zach Wilson has to do with this. 

Sorry buddy I don’t blindly bet someone where there is no guarantee you will pay up. Plus you would owe me a grand if I put up 250. Since my bet is the long shot. That according to you has ZERO chance of occurring. Send the $ to max in escrow and I’m in.

4 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I know it's been conjectured about what we do with Zach, if he's playing well, when Rodgers returns.

To me, the day we signed AR, ZW became the QB2. And the moment AR is ready to compete, QB2 goes back to the pine. Only part that sucks is we all knew going in AR would need a few games to get his feet under him and get to know a new team under fire, even before he got hurt. Same thing's gonna apply when he gets back.....

Playing well for Zach or playing well for a real NFL QB?   You're right it's Rodgers job when he is ready. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well genius, we know if the jets are not in the playoff picture by end of the yr, it won’t be because of the defense. It will be because Zach just suckked that bad. Rodgers is coming back only if jets are in the playoff hunt. That is what Zach Wilson has to do with this. 

Sorry buddy I blindly bet someone where there is no guarantee you will pay up. Plus you would owe me a grand if I put up 250. Since my bet is the long shot. That according to you has ZERO chance of occurring. Send the $ to max in escrow and I’m in.

No need for name calling my friend… although I do fancy myself as being of above average intelligence I don’t think you calling me a genius was meant as a compliment. 😉

No making up odds my friend… you’re the one who was looking for people to put their money where their mouth is. Don’t go looking to change the parameters now. We each put up $250.

Agree? If you do we’ll ask Max, crusher, lith or 80 to hold the money in a PayPal account. If one of them agrees, we send the money tonight for them to hold.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

No need for name calling my friend… although I do fancy myself as being of above average intelligence I don’t think you calling me a genius was meant as a compliment. 😉

No making up odds my friend… you’re the one who was looking for people to put their money where their mouth is. Don’t go looking to change the parameters now. We each put up $250.

Agree? If you do we’ll ask Max, crusher, lith or 80 to hold the money in a PayPal account. If one of them agrees, we send the money tonight for them to hold.

First of all I never said I was going to bet when I said “ those saying NO WAY he comes back “ should put their money where their mouth is.” I never once said it’s an absolute guarantee, or likely. Just that there is decent chance. Where I differ from you and some zach fan boys that are saying “ there is NO CHANCE. “ To me if I’m saying there is either A) no chance he plays or b ) there is no chance he doesn’t play, why not bet the absolute sure thing ? 

And me betting you straight up is funny. It’s like me betting you for even money Jets do not get to the superbowl this yr if zach Wilson is qb. 

Any gamblers out there know if there is a betting platform for either scenario? 

28 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Doesn't take a genius to realize this much was probably true.

You're a regular Gilbert Einstein there, you. 👍

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ulrich said:

**** CBS I'm going to start a rumor that Rodgers will be back after the bye week with a special spring loaded boot made by the Aliens he met a few years back. Steven Greer has my back Bitches

6 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

All this distraction is unnecessary and absurd. To really think that he will make that much of a difference hobbling around on one leg for three weeks is silly at best.   

Please cease and desist. Zach will be the QB (if healthy) for the rest of 2023. 

So you're saying week 18 in 2024?