LBs, Edge, TEs, & Kickers have suddenly become a strength

3-3 is what it is.  QB, OL, and Saleh’s usage of Cobb/Cook/Lawson/Uzomah remain big question marks for the time being.

On the flip side, 

LB:  How good is Quincy?  How did he improve so much in pass coverage & why not blitz him more?  Reminds me of Demario Davis, who later became an All Pro after figuring out how to cover people.

Edge:  Who else believes Huff & JJ are only getting started … and feeding off one another?  IMO, one of the most important storylines to the rest of the season.  Now let’s phase out Lawson amd phase in McDonald.

Tight End:  How long before Ruckert ‘replaces’ Uzomah?  The guy is a 6th offensive lineman who can block in space, brings a nasty attitude and is an ideal red zone target.

Kickers:  Remember when we had Mann & Ficken as our kickers?  Mann is now torturing Eagles fans with barely a 40 yard gross average, less than Morstead’s net.  I swear Ficken knocked on my door trying to sell gutters..  

——————————————————————-

Are safeties the next position group to become a strength?  Fantastic game against the Eagles.  Whitehead needs to be more consistent (tackling) but overall a quality starter, Adams is coming on and Amos has been a pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We're 3-3 at the bye, have hung tough with some of the consensus "Best" Teams in the League with wins vs Buffalo and Philly. The Jets are relevant, dominant on Defense after the first quarter, and the games can be frustrating but are always interesting.

With the schedule easing up a bit (the perception of easing up, at least) if the Jets can clean some stuff up on early game defense, work on RZ Offense and gameplan on Offense for Zach a bit better, they're poised for a very fun season. Granted, we thought the same thing after last years bye but hopefully that collapse was a teachable moment for Saleh. Hey, at the very least, the backup QB position should get a bit better with Siemien taking over and getting to the 53... and every day, Aaron Rodgers Bionic Achilles heals.

We're shockingly right where we figured they would be. Weird.

• Upvote 3

Agree on all points. There isn't a unit on D that I’m not excited about. Top to bottom, just a strong defense. Even our backup corners look good. Thumbs up to the front office and the coaching staff. The coaching staff is doing a great job developing guys.

The offense has a ways to go. But we are starting to see guys developing. I still believe we have the right FO and CS in place. It’s taking a long time. Like turning a cruise ship. Hopefully when we get things going, it’ll be equally hard to mess things up again.

QB and WR are the biggest areas where we need guys to develop or need an upgrade in talent.

Let’s Go Jets! America’s team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

We're 3-3 at the bye, have hung tough with some of the consensus "Best" Teams in the League with wins vs Buffalo and Philly. The Jets are relevant, dominant on Defense after the first quarter, and the games can be frustrating but are always interesting.

With the schedule easing up a bit (the perception of easing up, at least) if the Jets can clean some stuff up on early game defense, work on RZ Offense and gameplan on Offense for Zach a bit better, they're poised for a very fun season. Granted, we thought the same thing after last years bye but hopefully that collapse was a teachable moment for Saleh. Hey, at the very least, the backup QB position should get a bit better with Siemien taking over and getting to the 53... and every day, Aaron Rodgers Bionic Achilles heals.

We're shockingly right where we figured they would be. Weird.

The scary thing for opponents is that I don’t believe we’ve seen the best of Breece, Becton, Quinnen and Sauce.

Just need to come out stronger in games, grab an early lead and get Ruckert/Izzy/Gipson/Hardman/McDonald on the field more.  Power and speed!

Oh, and trade for a RT.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

3-3 is what it is.  QB, OL, and Saleh’s usage of Cobb/Cook/Lawson/Uzomah remain big question marks for the time being.

On the flip side, 

LB:  How good is Quincy?  How did he improve so much in pass coverage & why not blitz him more?  Reminds me of Demario Davis, who later became an All Pro after figuring out how to cover people.

Edge:  Who else believes Huff & JJ are only getting started … and feeding off one another?  IMO, one of the most important storylines to the rest of the season.  Now let’s phase out Lawson amd phase in McDonald.

Tight End:  How long before Ruckert ‘replaces’ Uzomah?  The guy is a 6th offensive lineman who can block in space, brings a nasty attitude and is an ideal red zone target.

Kickers:  Remember when we had Mann & Ficken as our kickers?  Mann is now torturing Eagles fans with barely a 40 yard gross average, less than Morstead’s net.  I swear Ficken knocked on my door trying to sell gutters..  

——————————————————————-

Are safeties the next position group to become a strength?  Fantastic game against the Eagles.  Whitehead needs to be more consistent (tackling) but overall a quality starter, Adams is coming on and Amos has been a pleasant surprise.

Phase out Lawson? Not sure he could play any less than he is lol.

• Haha 3