BYE Week time - What's the rest of the league looking like?

AFC was supposed to be this juggernaut of QBs and high powered offenses and thus far?...meh. 

-Dolphins are unexpectedly firing on all cylinders but have they faced any real competition? This weeks game against Philly, I think will tell a lot about them.  

-Bills are the Bills. IMO they're only surviving because Josh Allen continues to be absurd at QB. They struggled at home against the Giants. WTF? 

-Chiefs look beatable but of course, you can't count them out with Mahomes. 

-The rest of the AFC? Bleh. Mish mosh of average. I actually think the Texans will fight for that division spot over the Jags. 

NFC is a battle between 49ers, Eagles, Lions and Cowboys.  With the rest trying to keep up. Lions look the strongest overall.

-The Lions, to me, are exactly like the Jets. Except one went with a rookie QB at the start and the other went with an established vet. And ta da! Established vet team is 5-1. 

The worst teams look like the Panthers, Patriots, and Cardinals. Bears are 1-5 but I would think they pull off some more wins. Panther fans have to feel pretty deflated. Look downright awful and your first round pick is going to the Bears. Woof. Pretty shocked Frank Reich has been a disappointment. 

-Imagine Week 18 - Jets @ Patriots - Jets need to win and they're in. If Patriots lose they lock up the #1 overall pick. Woo boy. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Dolphins are unexpectedly firing on all cylinders but have they faced any real competition? This weeks game against Philly, I think will tell a lot about them.  

Very excited to see Philly take out all the frustrations the Jets gave them on the fish. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

NFC is a battle between 49ers, Eagles, Lions and Cowboys.  With the rest trying to keep up. Lions look the strongest overall.

-The Lions, to me, are exactly like the Jets. Except one went with a rookie QB at the start and the other went with an established vet. And ta da! Established vet team is 5-1. 

In my modest opinion, Cowboys do not belong in that conversation.  We'll know more when they play some better teams, they looked awful against the 49ers, and Dak is having a down year.

Lions drafted like JD, but they actually got quality linemen instead of guys who keep getting hurt, and then they hit the lottery when Hutchinson fell to them.  They were also able to make the deal for Goff, allowing them to fill other positions via the draft and not miss on a QB at the top of the draft.