Jet fans in 2021 on not wanting Rodgers

kevinc855

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I kind of feel the opposite.  I am loving this.  The team is together and struggling.  The gritty underdogs.  Then they have wonder boy waiting in the wings to maybe hop back in if they can some how keep it together and make it to the dance.  It feels like the Nets in 2021 when Durant was out and they were hammering people with the beard.  You knew that if Kyrie came back things would go to sh*t but the thrill was there and if that skinny ****'s foot didn't step on the line the Bucks wouldn't have won a ******* title since the Big 0. 

The memory of knowing Kyrie was coming back to destroy that gritty Nets squad still makes me hyperventilate. Harden operating at the height of his powers was right up there with Jason Kidd’s run as far as things I’ll forever be grateful to have witnessed. That said, we aren’t getting that Harden-like figure. Instead, it feels like those two years when the Nets were trying to turn Rex Walters into a point guard.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

god so many idiots who didnt want him, if he doest get hurt we might be undefeated all season

He did though, didn’t he?
So they weren’t really idiots were they?

Cap expenditure and lost 2nd round pick aside… we’ll be banking on a 40yo QB coming off a year long absence due to injury in ‘24. Sounds like fun.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The memory of knowing Kyrie was coming back to destroy that gritty Nets squad still makes me hyperventilate. Harden operating at the height of his powers was right up there with Jason Kidd’s run as far as things I’ll forever be grateful to have witnessed. That said, we aren’t getting that Harden-like figure. Instead, it feels like those two years when the Nets were trying to turn Rex Walters into a point guard.

The Nets?

season 17 episode 6 GIF

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty sure that was already the case this year.

I did not like how hesitant he was on his three drop backs, but we’ll never know. 

but coming back from an Achilles at 40 and looking like the same player he was feels too good to be true. Vinny and Marino were never quite the same after their injuries 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It is time to come clean to you all: I am over Rodgers and I wouldn’t be super upset if he opted to bounce next offseason. I have wanted a real quarterback here forever and willingly sold my worthless internet soul campaigning for the Jets to pursue all manner of sh*tbag QBs over the past thirty-plus years. Now we have one of those sh*tbags and it kinda blows. I’m not even all that juiced for next season. In the alternate reality where we never traded for Rodgers and we’re on a path toward Joe Douglas having to draft another QB, I know he’d fail miserably at that and we’d suck again, then we’d have to fire everyone again and we’d be starting all over—again—while praying that the next GM could identify a good QB prospect. That would suck. But, the most fun I can remember having as a Jets fan was watching guys like Testaverde and Fitzmagic and (some) Josh McCown, and (mostly) Mike White. The gritty dude route was the way to go.

I have to hand it to @dbatesman and apologize because he was right: we should have just signed Jacoby Brissett and kept taking swings in the draft. Ultimately, that’s where we’re headed anyway. 

100% agree. 

He's clowning us. Stringing us along. He'll stay on the roster (for the money, of course), but he's never gonna play. We're in a trap, now. No way out. Ready for Zach, 2024? Holy sh*t, this franchise is garbage.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I did not like how hesitant he was on his three drop backs, but we’ll never know. 

but coming back from an Achilles at 40 and looking like the same player he was feels too good to be true. Vinny and Marino were never quite the same after their injuries 

Yeah.  I'm really hoping he comes back this year - and that I was wrong.    But at that age it'll be tough.   Broken down Rodgers will still be better than what we have - but good enough for a championship?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It is time to come clean to you all: I am over Rodgers and I wouldn’t be super upset if he opted to bounce next offseason. I have wanted a real quarterback here forever and willingly sold my worthless internet soul campaigning for the Jets to pursue all manner of sh*tbag QBs over the past thirty-plus years. Now we have one of those sh*tbags and it kinda blows. I’m not even all that juiced for next season. In the alternate reality where we never traded for Rodgers and we’re on a path toward Joe Douglas having to draft another QB, I know he’d fail miserably at that and we’d suck again, then we’d have to fire everyone again and we’d be starting all over—again—while praying that the next GM could identify a good QB prospect. That would suck. But, the most fun I can remember having as a Jets fan was watching guys like Testaverde and Fitzmagic and (some) Josh McCown, and (mostly) Mike White. The gritty dude route was the way to go.

I have to hand it to @dbatesman and apologize because he was right: we should have just signed Jacoby Brissett and kept taking swings in the draft. Ultimately, that’s where we’re headed anyway. 

The Jets are the real life embodiment of the Miami Sharks from 'Any Given Sunday' ... 

Rodgers is Cap the old man that gets injured... But is the favorite QB of the coach. 

Zach is Beamen the inconsistent QB that wins a big game in relief then struggles with consistency... 

The rah rah coach of Pacino... 

The terrible involvement of the owner Woody/Cameron Diaz... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I didn’t want Rodgers late in the 2022 season, especially not after Mike White’s game against the Bears.

Once it became real that the Jets were getting him (and had no shot at Lamar Jackson) I came around to it, and his behavior all offseason demonstrating he WANTED to be here made me love the move.

I’m not gonna jump back off the bandwagon like that coward @T0mShane, because the alternative is, as he noted, letting Douglas draft another sure failure at the position and making him the unquestioned day 1 guy (seemingly a Woody Johnson thing I’ve never understood).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The guys like @BornJetsFan1983 who are so grateful we have Aaron Rodgers right now fascinate me.

I didn’t want us to trade for him, but I understood why people did, and why even more looked forward to him than being our QB this year.

After he got hurt though, that all ended. The odds of this working out well in ‘24 and ‘25 must be astronomical.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn’t want Rodgers late in the 2022 season, especially not after Mike White’s game against the Bears.

Once it became real that the Jets were getting him (and had no shot at Lamar Jackson) I came around to it, and his behavior all offseason demonstrating he WANTED to be here made me love the move.

I’m not gonna jump back off the bandwagon like that coward @T0mShane, because the alternative is, as he noted, letting Douglas draft another sure failure at the position and making him the unquestioned day 1 guy (seemingly a Woody Johnson thing I’ve never understood).

No worries, we’ll keep a light on until you’re ready to come home.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

No worries, we’ll keep a light on until you’re ready to come home.

lol.  I’m not exactly optimistic about Rodgers’ future here.  More like my pessimism on JD’s ability to draft a QB exceeds my pessimism for Rodgers.  

Ideally if Rodgers is a no-go we’d replace him with an alternative veteran but we know that’s not how these things tend to go…

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

The build up and excitement this season was awesome. Gave us a taste of the good life.  We were all shocked, but no one here was surprised at what happened four plays in.  Too good to be true for a Jets fan.

It was the most fun I’ve had in a decade of fandom. But through his weird attempt to necro the vaccine debate with Kelce I see how he grated on Packers fans and how they had enough of the him. 

I respect the hell out of his heart and leadership and more than anything, I appreciate the entertainment and sliver of hope.  But we all know this doesn’t end well for him or the Jets. Even if he comes back, he’s not gonna play well with limited mobility and as a Jet he’ll most likely re-tear it.  His miraculous recovery story is a kinda fun sideshow that breaks up the monotony of watching Zach lead the offense.

Rodgers definitely seems to motivate the players. They all look up to him. Respect him. We all are skeptical, but I’m sure none of us would have believed he would be on the sidelines throwing only a month after surgery. He isn’t busting his arse around the clock just for “ motivation. “ I’d say after next 4 games it will be lot more clear. Rodgers where he is at, where jets are at.. Until then have to give the guy ton of respect. He is full speed ahead believing in the Team will be in the hunt to make his comeback worthwhile. Otherwise he could be relaxing on the beach taking a much easier less rushed rehab. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Okay, Shom Tane. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

a10abc36-9718-4ec2-add8-0c5456f4a571_tex

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Cap expenditure and lost 2nd round pick aside… we’ll be banking on a 40yo QB coming off a year long absence due to injury in ‘24. Sounds like fun.

What made them smart?  Rodgers got injured?

Better than being a Giants fan, wishing your starting QB gets injured.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You must be suffering from midlife crisis.  Please get yourself a new pet or girlfriend, it could help. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The guys like @BornJetsFan1983 who are so grateful we have Aaron Rodgers right now fascinate me.

I didn’t want us to trade for him, but I understood why people did, and why even more looked forward to him than being our QB this year.

After he got hurt though, that all ended. The odds of this working out well in ‘24 and ‘25 must be astronomical.

Hey man this is the fort QB in forever that can play and he helped get Zach to service able. Plus he is cool as hell dude that I think makes the team better on and off the field.

A happy jets fan is a interesting and fascinating thing indeed! 

Im not betting against Rodgers coming back and playing in the playoffs but I do think he will play next season bar injury and we will have a really good shot at havijg a Lombardi. Plus I think Zach might actually start to play good at some point.

***Yeah we playing good, who could even imagine that before my man and your friend Aaron Rodger.

Guy is class act

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Huh? Didn't he what?

Any price for Rodgers was a deal. 

AR baby!!

• Haha 1