Cimini: Hearing Quadriceps Tendon For Tippman

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

That's what it looked like to me.  After reviewing a grainy Twitter video from two different angles you can see the quadricep stretch and then vibrate a little.  Based on the number of vibrations this looks like a Grade 2 tendon sprain that usually.....

bitch slap GIF

star trek spock GIF

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly.

Has any other team lost 3 players for the season already?

Jets just don't get injuries - they seem to get be gone for the season.

We’ve lost more than 3. East to forget we lost Chuck Clark who would be a tackling machine for us.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The phrase Same Old Jets exists for a reason.

Feels like forever since we’ve had a mostly-healthy kinda year, without masses of season ending killer injuries or leading the league in lost time from starters or lost payroll for hurt guys.

Turf? Trainers? Soft picks? I have no idea, but it seems an annual occurrence.

Fish, I disagree with you often here but that is not the reason I'm placing you on ignore :)  I just can't stomach your new avatar.  Jet on!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Fish, I disagree with you often here but that is not the reason I'm placing you on ignore :)  I just can't stomach your new avatar.  Jet on!

That bad?  Sorry man.  On the bright side, I change it pretty frequently, so it probably won't last long.

Not that you'll see this if I'm on ignore now, lol.

P.S. it's ok that you disagree with me, for the record.  :)

Man, I hate to hear this. I had a bad quad pull that trashed my high school junior year baseball season. Maybe it was the tendon too, b/c it hurt to even try to run for many weeks. The only time in my life I would ever hurt my quad, and after college I played in very competitive softball, basketball, and tennis leagues for over 20 years.

Hopefully this is just a one-time freak injury for him.

maybe the problem here is there is no such thing as elite OL anymore.  GMs always looking for the biggest monsters in draft that can dominate anyone but maybe that doesn't exist, maybe they just being too greedy because the bigger they are the harder they fall.  Maybe the answer is to invest in the smaller (more human sized iron man) OL that can have sustained careers sub-300 that lose battles but stay on field, and win the wars.

Jesus. It’s insane. 

idk what Joe Douglas can do. 
He invests in OLine in draft and they all get season ending injuries, some multiple years. He tries to pay Orlando Brown, he takes less money elsewhere. He tried to get Joe Thuney, he takes less money else where. 

He gets Laken after a pro bowl year and now he’s barely average. 

it’s insane. Idk what he can do. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

The phrase Same Old Jets exists for a reason.

Feels like forever since we’ve had a mostly-healthy kinda year, without masses of season ending killer injuries or leading the league in lost time from starters or lost payroll for hurt guys.

Turf? Trainers? Soft picks? I have no idea, but it seems an annual occurrence.

Joe Willy says hi 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.d7c55c736930c4815393627c2e490636.jpeg

• Haha 1

I agree with Chad Johnson on why we are seeing so many season ending injuries now and it’s all the cut back in the offseason programs. Basketball is plagued with this same thing.

The year round grind was needed to help these dudes body endure but the cotton candy players of today changed that and this is the result 

• Upvote 1

i think the O line injuries across the NFL are due to the fact that it is the position that is the most physically demanding. There is contact on every play and they aren’t rotated in and out like D linemen or RBs.

I know all of the talking heads make a big deal about an O line starting 5 finding chemistry but i just think it has more to do with the O line players on the team being comfortable with and having experience in the system. I do not think it will be long before teams start adding a swing T and G who can also play C to the mix re-making the core O line playing group into 7 rather than 5 players with the swing T giving the RT and LT a few plays off (or more depending on game) and the G/C giving the IOL time to rest during a drive. Such a system may prevent many of the injuries we’re seeing. Even the traumatic injuries are often related to the player physically breaking down and being tired.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Darnold's Forehead said:

2 season ending, non-contact (for the most part) injuries to our best 2 O-lineman.  Do people still think turf injuries are conspiracies?

Unreal.  Not even half way through the season.  I just don't understand how a team is supposed to succeed with CONSTANT injuries.

AVT was injured on grass. 
Bad example for turf 
It’s football. 

I imagine there is some control teams have with regard to ‘injuries’ (training, home field turf, etc)..however, ‘luck’ must factor into it heavily.

Jets seem to have been cursed.. more than almost any other team.  Would be interested to see an ‘objective’ statistical measure.