Cimini: Hearing Quadriceps Tendon For Tippman

On 10/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Darnold's Forehead said:

2 season ending, non-contact (for the most part) injuries to our best 2 O-lineman.  Do people still think turf injuries are conspiracies?

Unreal.  Not even half way through the season.  I just don't understand how a team is supposed to succeed with CONSTANT injuries.

Combine that with the crazy amount of injuries the Giants o-line has had too

4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets’ OL does appear to be more injury prone than others.  They can’t get enough of them. 

The only signing I would be compelled to do now is Lael Collins.  

Something seems off with Collins. He’s coming back from Injury and he wasn’t good last year. Giants didn’t sign him either 

• Sympathy 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Darnold's Forehead said:

2 season ending, non-contact (for the most part) injuries to our best 2 O-lineman.  Do people still think turf injuries are conspiracies?

Unreal.  Not even half way through the season.  I just don't understand how a team is supposed to succeed with CONSTANT injuries.

AVT got hurt on grass casual

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

So, I'm friends with a guy who played O Line on the Jets in the 90s/2000s, who now does some coaching.  He had a really interesting take.

When he played, obviously they lifted for power, but they trained almost like for a marathon.  The ability to play all game, all season.  He says now, the emphasis is so much on "explosion", super fast, explosive movements.   In his opinion (and mine), the muscles/tendons/ligaments of these huge players can't hand 60 "explosive" plays off the ball. 

I may not be explaining this as well as I should, obviously lineman have always fired off at the snap, but the training has changed focus, and their joints can't handle the stress. 

He also said, sure the turf is worse than grass, but today's turf is a hell of a lot better than the old Giants Stadium, Eagles Stadium.

Can't upvote your post enough.  My guess is there's a similar thing going on with starting pitchers in baseball.  They're probably trained to be explosive as well and that's why their IP has dropped (to try to prevent as many injuries as possible).

• Upvote 1