Jump to content

The AVT & Tippmann injuries - pity party


Maxman

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about Duane Brown coming back. Hopefully he is ready to go after the bye and plugs in at right tackle. Becton is looking good at left tackle.

Which makes the AVT and Tippmann injuries suck even more because the bye would have been the perfect time to get this lineup going:

Becton - Laken - Tippmann - AVT - Brown

That line would have some serious potential. Brown might be the week link in that scenario.

No real point here, just a pity party.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I was thinking about Duane Brown coming back. Hopefully he is ready to go after the bye and plugs in at right tackle. Becton is looking good at left tackle.

Which makes the AVT and Tippmann injuries suck even more because the bye would have been the perfect time to get this lineup going:

Becton - Laken - Tippmann - AVT - Brown

That line would have some serious potential. Brown might be the week link in that scenario.

No real point here, just a pity party.

I would have preferred Mekhi - Laken - McGovern - Tippman - AVT. That is not a bad OL.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If it makes you feel any better the line was below average even when fully healthy 

There's no elite talent. Avt and Becton are borderline elite which is nice 

Meanwhile teams like Kcc, phi and Dal have 2 or 3 all pros 

That doesn't Make me feel better but I think you already knew that lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everybody has their dream skill players they want us to get and right now that is mainly another WR to line up opposite GW.

But my dream is for us to have one of the most dominating OL in the league. I think if that could ever happen then everything else just falls in place. Your QB has time to throw, your WRs have time to get open, and your RBs have holes to run through. When all those things happens you usually are in 1st place in your division and you have one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Like in our division for example Miami has 15 TD’s from their QB’s and sacked 6 times, instead of our QB with 4 TD’s and our QB’s being sacked 20 times through 6 games.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That doesn't Make me feel better but I think you already knew that lol.

The Jets line can be great as long as you don't compare them to any other line 

By the way the Miami line without armstead is also trash 

The offense depends on the qb and the system about 10x more than the offensive line talent 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I know everybody has their dream skill players they want us to get and right now that is mainly another WR to line opposite GW.

But my dream is for us to have one of the most dominating OL in the league. I think if that could ever happen then everything else just falls in place. Your QB has time to throw, your WRs have time to get open, and your RBs have holes to run through. When all those things happens you usually are in 1st place in your division and you have one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Like in our division for example Miami has 15 TD’s from their QB’s and sacked 6 times, instead of our QB with 4 TD’s and our QB’s being sacked 20 times through 6 games.

The eagles have the most dominant line in football and they just lost to the jets 

It's the qb that really matters 

And Zach sux 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The eagles have the most dominant line in football and they just lost to the jets 

It's the qb that really matters 

And Zach sux 

I think I still rather have their dominating OL and be 5-1 at the top of the division and coming off playing in the Super Bowl and just take the loss to us from last week.

Unless the general consensus around the league now is that the Eagles are washed up because they lost to the Jets and won’t be winning anymore games this year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The eagles have the most dominant line in football and they just lost to the jets 

It's the qb that really matters 

And Zach sux 

So what you really mean is it's the Practice Squad defensive backs that matter.

PS DBs Win Championships!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's still no reasonable explanation for McGovern to have been starting at center over Tippman. They f-ed around and found out.
Especially when McGovern can play guard...I am really curious to know what they do when brown comes back.. can't see them moving him to RT but he has to see the writing on the wall here and needs to do what's best for this team

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Post of the week here.  It is criminal that our coaches keep drafting olineman and they play them out of position.  

It's called versatility. Some o-linemen can play multiple positions. It's a positive thing. They've been doing it for 100 years. The Jets are doing nothing new and radical or risky.

People get injured in football.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If it makes you feel any better the line was below average even when fully healthy 

There's no elite talent. Avt and Becton are borderline elite which is nice 

Meanwhile teams like Kcc, phi and Dal have 2 or 3 all pros 

You are ignoring Tippman who was grading out extremely well prior to his injury.

Also, despite the injuries and " no elite talent" we beat Philly and should have beat KC if not for the zebras.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's called versatility. Some o-linemen can play multiple positions. It's a positive thing. They've been doing it for 100 years. The Jets are doing nothing new and radical or risky.

People get injured in football.

You clearly don't understand risk or human anatomy, so you should probably stop talking about them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I think I still rather have their dominating OL and be 5-1 at the top of the division and coming off playing in the Super Bowl and just take the loss to us from last week.

Unless the general consensus around the league now is that the Eagles are washed up because they lost to the Jets and won’t be winning anymore games this year.

Yeah me too 

the Eagles did not need that game. It was non conference non divisional and didn't affect their NFC chances one iota 

it was a trap game and they got trapped 

I'm just saying that everyone talks about the OL because the QB can't break 200 yards passing or find the end zone 

it's a convenient scape goat 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The eagles have the most dominant line in football and they just lost to the jets 

It's the qb that really matters 

And Zach sux 

So does Hurts suck worse than Zac?   He lost even with the most dominant line in football!  Just trying to understand your thinking here.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You are ignoring Tippman who was grading out extremely well prior to his injury.

Also, despite the injuries and " no elite talent" we beat Philly and should have beat KC if not for the zebras.

grading out well for 2 weeks doesn't make a lineman elite 

Tippmann, AVT and Becton are nice players when healthy 

it's not like the Jets have a Trent Williams is my point. or even a Quenton Nelson 

they are a good line if you don't look at any other line 

truthfully they are a below average line like 20th when healthy and 31st when not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it makes you feel any better the line was below average even when fully healthy 
There's no elite talent. Avt and Becton are borderline elite which is nice 
Meanwhile teams like Kcc, phi and Dal have 2 or 3 all pros 
The Eagles OL looked all world against the Jets, right?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

So does Hurts suck worse than Zac?   He lost even with the most dominant line in football!  Just trying to understand your thinking here.

on that day yes he did suck worse than Zach 

i can't understand why he went deep on 3rd and 7 with the Jets having no time outs 

and all the interceptions. Yes Jalen Hurts played very poorly last week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You clearly don't understand risk or human anatomy, so you should probably stop talking about them.

What's your argument? Are you suggesting that o-linemen haven't played multiple positions for 100 years? Versatility on the o-line is a good thing and always has been. 

Please show me the statistics that prove it's more risky for an o-lineman to play more than one position if you believe that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There's still no reasonable explanation for McGovern to have been starting at center over Tippman. They f-ed around and found out.

Are you suggesting the biomechanics of playing center and dramatically different to those of playing guard?  And thats why Tippman got injured?   Because in my opinion, that is absurd.

What is your rationale, or do you have specialized training in this area that you'd like to share with us?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Show me the money!

 

 

 

Screenshot_20231017_110925_Gmail.thumb.jpg.2a369c49505a3e8cc8b7826097b0bb6f.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20231017_110858_Gmail.thumb.jpg.df3e2878c29fcdef11d48ed31000e49f.jpg

It's just sad that after such a huge team win ---- and playing in 6 games after being out for two years --- instead of celebrating the victory with his team - Becton's first public reaction is about him getting paid.

Tells me a lot about his character.

I want nothing to do with this guy long term.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just sad that after such a huge team win ---- and playing in 6 games after being out for two years --- instead of celebrating the victory with his team - Becton's first public reaction is about him getting paid.

Tells me a lot about his character.

I want nothing to do with this guy long term.

Leave your sentimental sorrows on the side, he is playing worth the money. Like the old saying: "better late than never." 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...