Belichick signed multi year deal with Pats over offseason

Rhg1084

Patriots and Broncos, top hated teams by NY Jets fans are now the laughingstock of the NFL.  The NY Jets are a reputable team, something that hasn't be seeing or heard of for a long time; even though there are many inhouse folks that rather debunk any positivity from the Jets.   

• WTF? 3
  • Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

wow. goes to show you all those football insiders who thought he would be fired dont know  anything.

He would never get fired even if he went 0-17.  As much as I despise the guy his resume pretty much hives him carte Blanche to do what he wants 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Patriots and Broncos, top hated teams by NY Jets fans are now the laughingstock of the NFL.  The NY Jets are a reputable team, something that hasn't be seeing or heard of for a long time; even though there are many inhouse folks that rather debunk any positivity from the Jets.   

The Broncos? I don't "hate" them, but I do hate the Dolphins for a variety of reasons, esp. for the Mud Bowl field. But yeah, Patriots are #1. I love seeing Belichick squirm.

5 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

If he loses the majority of his upcoming games, which he will, the stars might align so the Jets can give him the most-losses record when they face each other this season.

This has always been a dubious achievement. Like saying LeBron James has missed the most field goals in NBA history. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

The Broncos? I don't "hate" them, but I do hate the Dolphins for a variety of reasons, esp. for the Mud Bowl field. But yeah, Patriots are #1. I love seeing Belichick squirm.

We have played them in back to back years, both resulting in key injuries to AVT (22 and 23), Hall (22) and others were injured as well,  Also, the Sean Payton saga caused even more hatred over them  They will never be the Jets most hated team, but they are close to the top.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

Patriots and Broncos, top hated teams by NY Jets fans

Broncos aren't in my top 10 of most hated teams.  When did the Broncos become a Jets most-hated-rival?

3 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

The NY Jets are a reputable team

You might want to let the media and sports world at large know that.  I don't know that they agree with you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

We have played them in back to back years, both resulting in key injuries to AVT (22 and 23), Hall (22) and others were injured as well,  Also, the Sean Payton saga caused even more hatred over them  They will never be the Jets most hated team, but they are close to the top.  

Not really. We haven’t played a lot of big games against the Broncos. AFC championship in 98 was big, obviously — but other than that, I can’t think of any. IMO opinion (based on nearly 50 years following this team), I’d rank our entire division (obviously) as well as Steelers, Colts, Ravens, Browns, Chargers as ahead of the Broncos in terms of hated teams.

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As long as he stays gm this is good news.

He's going to stay till he breaks the all-time record for wins as an NFL Head Coach.

I believe he's ~ 25 or so wins short of Shula at current.

So another 3-4 seasons at worst (~7-8 wins/year), till he's the all-time guy, to go with Brady's all-time guy at QB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He's going to stay till he breaks the all-time record for wins as an NFL Head Coach.

I believe he's ~ 25 or so wins short of Shula at current.

So another 3-4 seasons at worst (~7-8 wins/year), till he's the all-time guy, to go with Brady's all-time guy at QB.

I just wonder how long they can keep allowing him to pick the players while he goes for the record, unless they start making the playoffs again. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I just wonder how long they can keep allowing him to pick the players while he goes for the record, unless they start making the playoffs again. 

Fans may not be happy, but I think the Pats Owner wants that all-time record as much as Belicheck does.  It gives his franchise another thing to brag about, since almost all of those wins came with New England.  So there may be more patience than we might think.