The Race for the AFC East Title - Who wins?

slimjasi

Who Wins the AFC East?   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the AFC East?

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Something isn’t right with Buffalo. I think they implode rest of the season here and go off the rails. They shoulda lost that Giants game last week and the Pats completely shut them down yesterday. 

Miami is fun and flying high early on in the season here, but we’ve seen how they perform against two good defenses (not good). Also once the weather gets cold it’ll slow them down a bit also. 

Jets have a very good shot to win this thing 

The Bills also have a BRUTAL schedule. Possibly the hardest remaining? They still have road games with the Eagles, Chiefs, Dolphins, Bengals, and Chargers! (Not to mention home games against us and the Cowboys). 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The Bills also have a BRUTAL schedule. Possibly the hardest remaining? They still have road games with the Eagles, Chiefs, Dolphins, Bengals, and Chargers! (Not to mention home games against us and the Cowboys). 

Dolphins last 4 - Jets, Cowboys, @ Ravens, Bills.  Also brutal.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The good thing is, we got the Eagles, Chiefs and Cowboys, out of the way already, while the Bills still have all 3 and the Dolphins have 2. That and the games against both of them, will be the key to winning. There is definitely a path to winning the division. But let’s beat the Giants first.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know about ya'll, but I want to see the Jets win the division again before I die. We have won the division only twice in my lifetime and since the merger!!!! (that's almost impossibly bad)

So, here are the remaining schedules for all four teams. 

Jets (3-3) 

@Giants, Chargers, @Raiders, @Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots

Bills (4-3)

Bucs, @Bengals, Broncos, Jets, @Eagles, @Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins 

Dolphins (5-2)

Patriots, Chiefs (London game), Raiders, @Jets, @Commanders, Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills 

Patriots (2-5) 

@Dolphins, Commanders, Colts, @Giants, Chargers, @Steelers, Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets 

Who wins? 

Tough to say at this point.

Bills have tough stretch @Bengals, broncos, jets at philly, at KC, Dallas

Miami end of season is Jets, Cowboys, at Baltimore and bills. 3 of those games are at Miami

Jets have been through their tough part already but in all honesty @cleveland and @ NE are going to be really hard.

Pats. Who cares

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Something isn’t right with Buffalo. I think they implode rest of the season here and go off the rails. They shoulda lost that Giants game last week and the Pats completely shut them down yesterday. 

Miami is fun and flying high early on in the season here, but we’ve seen how they perform against two good defenses (not good). Also once the weather gets cold it’ll slow them down a bit also. 

Jets have a very good shot to win this thing 

I think losing Daboll has affected Allen more than most (including me) expected. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only race is to this Sunday where we have a desparate and hungry Giants team that is going to be very tough to beat.

There should be no other discussions this week.

Get focused jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goat head, chixken eyes, mommas boy! LMAO

• WTF? 1

Didn’t the Bills recently extend McDermott and Beane?

That team could be in all-out turmoil pretty soon.

The White and Milano injuries were crushing, and the safety duo isn’t getting any younger.

Von Miller, when he’s actually on the field, is still decent but nothing close to the all-world guy he once was.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only race is to this Sunday where we have a desparate and hungry Giants team that is going to be very tough to beat.

There should be no other discussions this week.

Get focused jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir we are not on the team

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll lean Buffalo until further notice but the good news is that the Dolphins and Bills have NOT gone through ‘their gauntlet’ yet. The Jets are 100% in this thing.

The next 3 games will really tell us where they’re at. They will be favored in all 3 games 

• Upvote 2

I have the Jets & Bills finishing 10-7 and splitting the head to head matchups. Bills go 4-2 in the division, Jets go 3-3 giving the Bills the division. This was just going through and picking wins and losses and seeing what the result is. Close.

Fish (5-2) remaining schedule:

vs NE W
vs Las Vegas W
@ New York Jets L
@ Washington W
vs Tennessee L
vs New York Jets W
vs Dallas L
@ Baltimore L
vs Buffalo L

Finish: 9-8

Bills (4-3) remaining schedule:
vs Tampa Bay W
@Cincinnati L
vs Denver W
vs New York Jets W
@ Philadelphia L
@ Kansas City L
vs Dallas L
@ Los Angeles Chargers W
vs New England W
@Miami W

Finish: 10-7

Pats (2-5) remaining schedule:
@Miami L
vs Washington W
vs Indianapolis L
@New York Giants L
vs Los Angeles Chargers L
@Pittsburgh 
vs Kansas City L
@Denver W
@Buffalo L
vs New York Jets L

Finish: 4-13

Jets (3-3) remaining schedule:    
@New York Giants W
vs Los Angeles Chargers W
@Las Vegas Raiders W
@Buffalo L
vs Miami W
vs Atlanta W
vs Houston L
@Miami L
vs Washington W
@ Cleveland L
@ New England W

Finish: 10-7

• Upvote 2

Too close to call but I think it's wide open right now.....Pats are hot dog water, Bills have injuries starting to pile up and Allen can't control himself in meaningful games, Dolphins are fake juggernauts on offense, one bad Tua injury away from being fu*ked and not built to win in Playoff weather.......

The issue is IDK which Jets team we will get from week to week.....so we'll see if we can actually rise to the occasion

• Upvote 2

I have a funny feeling it’s going to come down to a tie-breaker. Got the Jets/Bills/Fins all finishing at 10-7. Pats at around 6-11.

I think the Fins will likely lose on the tie-breaker. They tend to struggle against top defenses and that’s what our division has. Jets/Bills/Pats all have very good defenses.

Bills vs Jets on the tie-breaker. I dont know. I’m a Jets fans. So I said Jets.

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Didn’t the Bills recently extend McDermott and Beane?

That team could be in all-out turmoil pretty soon.

The White and Milano injuries were crushing, and the safety duo isn’t getting any younger.

Von Miller, when he’s actually on the field, is still decent but nothing close to the all-world guy he once was.

Bills fans online are concerned over Miller - They are worried he might be shot 

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We're not on the team - we can discuss whatever we like. If I say Super Bowl 123456789 times over the next week, it won't have any impact on how well the jets prepare for the Giants. 

Thaaaanks 

That's always one of the more idiotic lines of thinking for me....whatever we discuss has no bearing on the outcome of games, its the actual Jets that need to be focused, take things one game at a time, etc....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets (3-3) remaining schedule:    
@New York Giants W
vs Los Angeles Charrger L
@Las Vegas Raiders W
@Buffalo L
vs Miami L
vs Atlanta W
vs Houston L
@Miami L
vs Washington W
@ Cleveland L
@ New England L

Finish: 7-10

So you are saying the Bills go 3-0 in their remaining division games? Not buying it. They have 2 division losses already. We have 1. The Dolphins have 1. The Bills have looked pedestrian this season with the most overrated QB in the NFL. Not buying it. The Jets or Dolphins win the division. 

The big unknown is injuries. Will Tua Tagovailoa get through the season without concussions?

Will the shaky Jets oline retain enough healthy olinemen to have a viable running game and intact qbs?

Right now despite an easy early season schedule, I see the Dolphins recovering from last night's defeat and winning the division.

The alternate ending is that key Injuries could take the 2023 story of the AFC East in any direction.

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

The big unknown is injuries. Will Tua Tagovailoa get through the season without concussions?

Will the shaky Jets oline retain enough healthy olinemen to have a viable running game and intact qbs?

Right now despite an easy early season schedule, I see the Dolphins recovering from last night's defeat and winning the division.

The alternate ending is that key Injuries could take the 2023 story of the AFC East in any direction.

Any direction other than the Pats. That can’t happen, under any circumstances. Understood?

• Haha 1

It's actually a really interesting question. After reviewing the schedules I think we have a much better shot than I realized.

Dolphins feel like a bit of a fraud -- padding their stats against the Giants, Pats, Panthers, and Broncos (6-21 combined) who make up four of their five wins, gotten their ass beat by physical Bills and Eagles teams. I still think they're the front runner but their final four -- Jets, Ravens, Bills, Cowboys is really tough. Could totally seem them "collapsing down the stretch." 

Bills are, "at their best" the best and most complete team, but as I said in the preseason, I think they've peaked and something feels off with them. They've lost to us, they've lost to the Pats, they've lost to the Jaguars -- their offense has gotten bottled up at weird times. And their remaining schedule is crazy, Here's to Stefon Diggs going nuclear and lots of locker room issues surfacing.

We have played many of our toughest games -- our toughest remaining games are honestly the division games, maybe at Browns. Zach Wilson is still the issue here. With him at QB we can't chalk up wins against any team with a defense.

I think it really comes down to 1) taking care of business against "weaker" opponents and 2) winning the remaining division games. The back to back with the Bills and then Fins on Black Friday will probably decide whether we're really in it or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Dolphins I am afraid to say.

Relying on Zach Wilson and Hackett to be good enough to be a div champ with two other good teams and one lousy team we cannot beat? 

I'd be very surprised. 

I also don't like how our head coach is coming off with thinking we have accomplished anything of note yet.

• Upvote 2