1. 1. Do we want to face Daniel Jones or Tyrod Taylor

• Daniel Jones
    • Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Wit said:

It wont matter if that O line is the same. Im not being arrogant, I think Wink will have their defense giving Zach fits. 

based on what i saw yesterday, my fear as well and i like howell and think he has the potential to be a very good qb.

This game to me is all on Hackett and his scheme to neutralize that blitz with the proper scheme and zach to execute it.

• Post of the Week 1

My opinion is both are beatable. D-line needs to play attacking style similar to the Eagles game. Secondary was so dominant against the Eagles due to the pressure of the D-line. Defense steps up and Jets cake walk to the win. Jets offense will put points on the board.

Taylor very easily.   Taylor no longer likes to run.  Daniel jones running can be a huge issue for us and if he has one of his good games he is far more dangerous than tyrod taylor.   Some of you dudes are assuming we will get Daniel jones at his worst which is pretty awful but at his best he is vastly more dangerous than taylor.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Taylor very easily.   Taylor no longer likes to run.  Daniel jones running can be a huge issue for us and if he has one of his good games he is far more dangerous than tyrod taylor.   Some of you dudes are assuming we will get Daniel jones at his worst which is pretty awful but at his best he is vastly more dangerous than taylor.

He'll just be returning from a neck injury. I would be very surprised if he ran as much as normal, and if he does? You saw what the Jets did to stop Russell Wilson.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

He'll just be returning from a neck injury. I would be very surprised if he ran as much as normal, and if he does? You saw what the Jets did to stop Russell Wilson.

Mahommes essentially beat us by running.  Russel Wilson now has lead legs.

To me Jones is just more dangerous if he has one of his good games, his ceiling is way higher than taylor, his floor may be lower but i am not worried about floor.   If this team is for real then they should win no matter who plays for them but Jones is more dangerous for us.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd rather face Jones. I think it's going to be Tyrod getting the start.

I think I would rather face Tyrod.  He is more mobile than Jones, but I think Jones is a better passer, and sees the field better.  Jones is mobile as well, but not quite as much.

Anyone wanting to face Daniel Jones needs to watch more football. Seriously. Taylor is ok. But he hasn’t faced a defense like ours. The Bills are the most overrated team in the NFL and halfway decent offensive line play with Daniel Jones legs, and they beat the Bills. No way do I want the Jets to face a mobile QB and top ranked RB. Our 2 defensive weaknesses. Played better against the Eagles but if the Eagles just ran the ball in the 2nd half, we would have lost that game. The Eagles and Jalen Hurts handed us that victory. 

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

i would go taylor

Jones when on throws a very accurate ball and his deep throws are typically on target. Then add his run ability although his injusry even if cleared could limit that.

Jones is the type of player the jets D feasts on. Guys who take forever to throw and are careless with the ball. The DL will for sure get to him