Jump to content

Someone call Crazy Eddie, these new Season Ticket prices are INSANE!


Maxman

Recommended Posts

Except in this scenario the only one going out of business is the long team season ticket holder. We live in inflationary times, so sticker shock is simply an every day reality.

But there is sticker shock and then STICKER SHOCK.

Check this out, 4 lower level end zone seats.

Last year we paid $6,304 for 4 seats.

Next year they want $8,604 for the same 4 seats.

That is a 36.5% increase but I did upgrade my parking to RV parking. So I have to do the math on that. But this still looks to be like a 30% increase.

Can anyone else confirm that is what they are seeing?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Does that take into account that we got 9 regular season games this year vs. 8 next year?

I am just looking at the bottom line total four our four lower level end zone seats. One less regular season game makes the situation even worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Except in this scenario the only one going out of business is the long team season ticket holder. We live in inflationary times, so sticker shock is simply an every day reality.

But there is sticker shock and then STICKER SHOCK.

Check this out, 4 lower level end zone seats.

Last year we paid $6,304 for 4 seats.

Next year they want $8,604 for the same 4 seats.

That is a 36.5% increase but I did upgrade my parking to RV parking. So I have to do the math on that. But this still looks to be like a 30% increase.

Can anyone else confirm that is what they are seeing?

JZJ.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

$6,304 / 9 = $700.44 per game

$8,604 / 8 = $1,075.50 per game

Am I calculating this wrong or is this a whopping 53.5% increase?!

 

$1,075.50 - 700.44 = $375.06

$375.06 / $700.44 = 53.54%

They do variable pricing. So it is based on 10 games in either scenario. This year there was 1 preseason game, next year there will be 2 preseason games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Does that take into account that we got 9 regular season games this year vs. 8 next year?

They charge for 10 home games every year. You either get 1 home preseason game and 9 regular or 2 preseason and 8 regular. Every year it’s 10 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Due to my kids starting to play football, which falls on sundays, I havent been to many games the past 2 seasons - on top of that, prior to this year we were usually eliminated towards the end of the year.

So my question is - is the stadium full?

Because to me it seems like gameday experience is getting worse at the same time that people's disposable income is going down (due to inflation) and yet the team seems tone deaf to those facts with any sort of dramatic increase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They do variable pricing. So it is based on 10 games in either scenario. This year there was 1 preseason game, next year there will be 2 preseason games.

Updated calculations:  36.48% increase

$6,304 / 10 = $630.40 per game

$8,604 / 10 = $860.40 per game

 

$860.40 - $630.40 = $230

$230 / $630.40 = 36.48%

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...