This should be the Jets #1 Trade Target at the deadline

JETS SB

No doubt, the Jets will be making moves at the deadline, especially if they win the next few games. In my mind, the #1 position of need is WR and it seems that there are rumors that Tee Higgins may be made available, by the Bengals. 

This is the last year of his rookie contract, only counting $4 million towards the cap. He is still only 24 years old. He is 6'4" and a perfect complement to Garrett Wilson. Considering he really only has the rest of this season under contract, we should be able to get him for a reasonable price. 

I love Courtland Sutton as well, but his contract is huge. Might be harder to fit him in for multiple years. 

I wouldnt mind trading a lower round pick and Carl Lawson, or something similar to that. The only issue is, the Bengals might want to keep him, if they start winning games. But with Joe Burrow not 100%, it might be the time to make the deal, for the Bengals, before they likely lose him for nothing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

No doubt, the Jets will be making moves at the deadline, especially if they win the next few games. In my mind, the #1 position of need is WR and it seems that there are rumors that Tee Higgins may be made available, by the Bengals. 

This is the last year of his rookie contract, only counting $4 million towards the cap. He is still only 24 years old. He is 6'4" and a perfect complement to Garrett Wilson. Considering he really only has the rest of this season under contract, we should be able to get him for a reasonable price. 

I love Courtland Sutton as well, but his contract is huge. Might be harder to fit him in for multiple years. 

I wouldnt mind trading a lower round pick and Carl Lawson, or something similar to that. The only issue is, the Bengals might want to keep him, if they start winning games. But with Joe Burrow not 100%, it might be the time to make the deal, for the Bengals, before they likely lose him for nothing. 

#1 need is a legit RT and maybe a G. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

The 3-3 Bengals, who are currently battling w/ the Jets for the playoffs, are going to give the Jets one of their best players because it will help the Jets potentially make the playoffs.

I think his point is it should be the move. Not sure it’s the Op’s fault Bengals wouid never agree to it, because it makes absolutely  no sense for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

All indications are that Higgins will not be signed to a long term contract by the Bengals. They just signed Joe Burrow to a record contract and Ja’Marr Chase will get a huge contract next season. Giving Higgins the franchise tag would be the only option in keeping him; but getting compensation for him now, whether it’s a 3rd and/or a solid player+ in return, would make the most sense for them. Can’t see them getting much more, but maybe offering a 2025 pick would net a higher round pick. 

Joe Burrow is not healthy. It’s obvious by his performance thus far this year. Again, they could franchise him but getting compensation for him now makes the most sense. He had very good seasons the past few years but his numbers this season are way down.

Comp pick would be a 3 or a 4, only if they don’t sign other free agents to offset, which could happen. 

My guess is he is traded at the deadline and the  Jets should be in the front of the line. Maybe I am wrong, but someone of his caliber should be a priority for the Jets. 

11 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

All indications are that Higgins will not be signed to a long term contract by the Bengals. They just signed Joe Burrow to a record contract and Ja’Marr Chase will get a huge contract next season. Giving Higgins the franchise tag would be the only option in keeping him; but getting compensation for him now, whether it’s a 3rd and/or a solid player+ in return, would make the most sense for them. Can’t see them getting much more, but maybe offering a 2025 pick would net a higher round pick. 

Joe Burrow is not healthy. It’s obvious by his performance thus far this year. Again, they could franchise him but getting compensation for him now makes the most sense. He had very good seasons the past few years but his numbers this season are way down.

Comp pick would be a 3 or a 4, only if they don’t sign other free agents to offset, which could happen. 

My guess is he is traded at the deadline and the  Jets should be in the front of the line. Maybe I am wrong, but someone of his caliber should be a priority for the Jets. 

Less than 0% chance a Super Bowl contender is trading their #2 wr.  Where do you guys come up with this?

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

The Jets don’t have the assets for a trade like this. Not realistic.

I don't think the Bengals move him now that they are back in the mix but idk how much Higgins will cost since he needs the new contract as well.

If he could be had for a 3rd or a 2025 2nd, I would do it. I think the Jets sit tight and get Mike Evans in the offseason.

5 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Tee Higgins isnt available.  So what is the point of posting articles with pure speculation?  I wont read these articles but I know there will be no concrete evidence that the Bengals are shopping tee higgins.

They are in the midst of a Super Bowl run.  This is insanity to even suggest this.

No different then most thinking Kirk Cousins is available.  All of this is nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The Bengals next 4 games include 49ers, Bills, and Ravens. They could drop out quickly. 

Well if they trade Higgins, they could drop out quickly. However if they kept him, they could run the table. If a team's aspirations is the Super Bowl, why would they hinder it by trading an important piece in achieving that goal?