This should be the Jets #1 Trade Target at the deadline

JETS SB

The Vikings are 2-0 since Justin Jefferson went out and have put themselves back into playoff contention. Obviously they're a better team without him 😉. With Jordan Addison breaking out they should look to move on from JJ who needs a new contract and add a pass rusher across from Hunter. Send them 2024 1st round pick and Lawson for Jefferson and sign him long term.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Vikings are 2-0 since Justin Jefferson went out and have put themselves back into playoff contention. Obviously they're a better team without him 😉. With Jordan Addison breaking out they should look to move on from JJ who needs a new contract and add a pass rusher across from Hunter. Send them 2024 1st round pick and Lawson for Jefferson and sign him long term.

Vikings fans would storm the Bastille 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Vikings haven't paid him yet.

It's a pipe dream, but you never know.

Even if they were willing to move him, it would take something crazy like (at least) 2 1st rounders plus additional picks / players and then you'd still have to pay him.

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

so 2 of the links you provided suggested the price to acquire him is a 1st rounder, but you think the jets could get him for a 4th and the corpse of carl lawson, who i'm sure cincy is just dying to have a reunion with

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Go after Deandre Hopkins.

It's a 1-year deal, I believe, so nothing beyond this year.

He'd be perfect, can line up anywhere.

Titans are in fire sale mode.  Shouldn't cost much.

houston texans football GIF by NFL

it was a 2-year contract, but for a team acquiring him, they can get out of next year without a cap hit.  tenn would take a decent sized hit to trade him though.

that said, outside of 1 game, he's been pretty crappy this year.  sure, blame the QBs if you want, but expecting him to do better with the jets and zach and playing 2nd fiddle to GW is optimistic.  to say nothing that his chances of hitting his performance incentives will go down on the jets, and we know, all he cares about is making the most money possible.  nothing wrong with that of course, but it's clear what he prioritized this off-season, despite his initial talk of only wanting to play for certain contenders with elite QBs (and deemed the jets with rodgers - assumedly - not good enough to be on his "list").  not exactly known as a good teammate or someone who does stuff like practice.

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

All indications are that Higgins will not be signed to a long term contract by the Bengals. They just signed Joe Burrow to a record contract and Ja’Marr Chase will get a huge contract next season. Giving Higgins the franchise tag would be the only option in keeping him; but getting compensation for him now, whether it’s a 3rd and/or a solid player+ in return, would make the most sense for them. Can’t see them getting much more, but maybe offering a 2025 pick would net a higher round pick. 

Joe Burrow is not healthy. It’s obvious by his performance thus far this year. Again, they could franchise him but getting compensation for him now makes the most sense. He had very good seasons the past few years but his numbers this season are way down.

Comp pick would be a 3 or a 4, only if they don’t sign other free agents to offset, which could happen. 

My guess is he is traded at the deadline and the  Jets should be in the front of the line. Maybe I am wrong, but someone of his caliber should be a priority for the Jets. 

Burrow for the two weeks prior to the bye - 60 of 81 for 502 yards and 5 TDs. Bengals won both games.  Yeah, he's not healthy, even though he just had two weeks to heal up.  Sure, they'll take Lawson back after cutting him 3 years ago and a 3-4 th round pick.  I'll have what you're smoking.

11 hours ago, JETS SB said:

No doubt, the Jets will be making moves at the deadline, especially if they win the next few games. In my mind, the #1 position of need is WR and it seems that there are rumors that Tee Higgins may be made available, by the Bengals. 

This is the last year of his rookie contract, only counting $4 million towards the cap. He is still only 24 years old. He is 6'4" and a perfect complement to Garrett Wilson. Considering he really only has the rest of this season under contract, we should be able to get him for a reasonable price. 

I love Courtland Sutton as well, but his contract is huge. Might be harder to fit him in for multiple years. 

I wouldnt mind trading a lower round pick and Carl Lawson, or something similar to that. The only issue is, the Bengals might want to keep him, if they start winning games. But with Joe Burrow not 100%, it might be the time to make the deal, for the Bengals, before they likely lose him for nothing. 

Tee higgins would be an upgradd and good roster fit for sure. This is actually one of the very few post suggesting a pick up that is actually smart.

Im not srue they want l;awson back but maybe. A lower pick plus him woudl be ideal.

Great post

You are 100% right on this improving the team. Also they spent alot of money on burrow, so maybe they dont want to resign this kid.

it was a 2-year contract, but for a team acquiring him, they can get out of next year without a cap hit.  tenn would take a decent sized hit to trade him though.
that said, outside of 1 game, he's been pretty crappy this year.  sure, blame the QBs if you want, but expecting him to do better with the jets and zach and playing 2nd fiddle to GW is optimistic.  to say nothing that his chances of hitting his performance incentives will go down on the jets, and we know, all he cares about is making the most money possible.  nothing wrong with that of course, but it's clear what he prioritized this off-season, despite his initial talk of only wanting to play for certain contenders with elite QBs (and deemed the jets with rodgers - assumedly - not good enough to be on his "list").  not exactly known as a good teammate or someone who does stuff like practice.

It’s so frustrating because I and many others were screaming for this guy when Rodgers was healthy and they went with cook. I wasn’t mad about cook persay but damn if they trade for him and waste draft capital on this it’s due to plain old stubbornness by JD.
  • Sympathy 1