Joe Tippmann, Sauce Gardner, Duane Brown – NY Jets Injury Updates

JetNation

NY Jets Injury Report

The Jets are back at the facility this week after the bye and fans have been waiting for some NY Jets Injury updates. Robert Saleh provided that on Wednesday, his update is below. Saleh won’t speak to the media again until Friday. On Thursday all three coordinators will hold press conferences, we will have more on that after they take place

NY Jets Injury Updates

Real quick injuries- (Joe) Tippmann won’t practice today, he’s still dealing with his quad, Randall Cobb won’t practice today, he’s dealing with his shoulder, and then everyone else is limited. D.J. (Reed) and Ahmad Gardner have still not cleared the concussion protocol, so they’re still going through it. You’ll see them at practice, but they’re still going through it.

Do Sauce Gardner and DJ Reed have to practice to clear the protocol?

Yeah, it’s very similar, not speaking for Sauce because it happened so much later in the week, but D.J. was on the same timeline, and then Thursday, he couldn’t pass that hurdle on Thursday, so it’s going to be one of those things with both of them that will probably take all the way until game day.

Randall Cobb

He’s dealing with an AC. We’re anticipating getting him back in practice tomorrow, but just giving him some time. He’s already limited on Wednesdays anyway from a veteran standpoint, but we felt like ‘just give him one more day’.

Duane Brown

He looks good, everything looks good, we’re just going to wait another week- we’re pushing it back another week. Not saying that he’ll be activated next week, but we have time on that one.

His practice window isn’t open yet.

Does Joe Tippmann have a chance this week? I know you said he’s a quick healer, but before the bye you said it could be some time.

He is a quick healer, so both statements can be true. I’m always hopeful he could be available, but we’ll see. Tomorrow, we’ll see how he feels and whether or not we can get him in practice.

The post Joe Tippmann, Sauce Gardner, Duane Brown – NY Jets Injury Updates appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Prediction:

Joe Tippman- No Way. Would be lucky to have him against the Chargers

Duane Brown- Good to go but he stinks. So we would rather give Mitchell the nod. 

Cobb- whats left of him is fine. 

Gardner and Reed will play. Full participation on Wed. I'd be very surprised if they didn't clear protocol by game time. 

Why no mention of Becton, Carter II or Charles? These guys have been impact players the last couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 3

Timpaan is out - might be another week after this too.  But sure does seem like this will be week-to-week and not season ending as some of us were hearing.

Brown - He wouldn't be starting anyway so no reason to rush him back.

DJ/Sauce - It's a toss up right now.  Seems like there is some league wide changes here and they're being far more conservative with clearing this protocol.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.  Protecting the brain is a good idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

This report states that Sauce and Reed have been practicing. 

Let's go Jets! 

Agreed. Everything I am seeing now states both practiced yesterday and today. Because of protocol, just because they are back at practice, doesn’t necessarily mean they are playing. They have to be cleared by doctor after practices. 

2 hours ago, Falco21 said:

I said it in the other thread, it was a given Sauce and Reed would be back. Concussion right before the bye is always tough to clear due to the lack of "football activity". No surprise there 

That sums it up well. If no bye, they would have been cleared much sooner.  Good news.