Daniel Jones still not cleared for contact as of Wednesday

5 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Isn't Tyrod notorious for taking checkdowns to a fault? I feel like that would actually benefit the Giants, imo Jones would be more likely to have a couple of dumb turnovers. Figures to be a close game and the Jets formula to win those thus far has involved forcing multiple turnovers

Tyrod is notorious for check first read and dump or run... I think the jets can adjust their strategies to combat that... 

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I want Danny dimes to play....these backup qb's who we are supposed to wreck have a history of killing us with the best game they have ever played. 

Danny dimes I want a little revenge on.....didnt he whup our asses the last time we played them?

If by “whup our asses” you mean “embarrassingly got the ball snatched out of his hands like a helpless child”, then yes.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

If by “whup our asses” you mean “embarrassingly got the ball snatched out of his hands like a helpless child”, then yes.

lol cmon man....I'm grasping at straws here for motivation. I just cant stand that kid so any excuse will do and the memory isnt what it used to be...and this doesnt look like he embarrassed himself.  

image.png.f12950181be2c3518c3bdc0430e85615.png

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

So who's the backup if Tyrod goes down?  Saquon?

Legit the Giants win when Saquon makes plays and look terrible when he's not playing at all 

It was a long time ago but once the Quenton Nelson train sailed and they traded up I wanted Saquon over Sam Darnold just because of that star power. Saquon can literally win games for them.

Granted it has been a shaky career due to injuries but he's a difference maker 

Side note Tyrod Taylor isn't bad. He's not Zach 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Legit the Giants win when Saquon makes plays and look terrible when he's not playing at all 

It was a long time ago but once the Quenton Nelson train sailed and they traded up I wanted Saquon over Sam Darnold just because of that star power. Saquon can literally win games for them.

Yea Saquon was a bad pick 2nd overall. Chubb was the best running back in the draft.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Saquon may be a difference maker and Tyrod may be better than Zach, but they still have scored less points than the feeble Zach train has. So not sure what your point is? 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

Yea Saquon was a bad pick 2nd overall. Chubb was the best running back in the draft.

Saquon was an amazing pick compared to Sam Darnold or Zach.  Chubb's knee is silly putty at this point. He's basically done. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Saquon may be a difference maker and Tyrod may be better than Zach, but they still have scored less points than the feeble Zach train has. So not sure what your point is? 

Saquon's been out basically all season. He comes back vs WAS and they win. They say every roster has like 5 guys who can make a difference enough to win a game the rest of the roster is just filler. For the Jets it's guys like Williams brothers, Garrett, Hall, Sauce etc. Saquon is the Giants' best difference-maker. He also can take the game over. 

Daniel Jones, Zach, Tyrod these aren't difference makers they are filler 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more worried about Thomas then anything else.  Of course they finally get him back for this game.  Changes the whole narrative about the Gints poor o-line play.

My biggest concern with Danny Dimes would be his ability to run the ball when the play breaks down and our DBs are busy chasing receivers with their backs turned.  That's how the DD will convert a few 3rd and 15s on us leading to a few posters having complete meltdowns in the gameday thread.

Tyrod is still a threat to run, but not nearly the threat that Danny Dimes is at this stage in his career.

Dimes: 5 games played, 38 rushes for 197 yards

Taylor: 5 games played, 17 rushes for 65 yards

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The point seems to be to spin every Jets discussion as negatively as humanly possible, probably as a coping mechanism to deal with how disappointing the jets have been over the years. 

I get it but it obviously gets silly.

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Saquon was an amazing pick compared to Sam Darnold or Zach.  Chubb's knee is silly putty at this point. He's basically done. 

Saquon's been out basically all season. He comes back vs WAS and they win. They say every roster has like 5 guys who can make a difference enough to win a game the rest of the roster is just filler. For the Jets it's guys like Williams brothers, Garrett, Hall, Sauce etc. Saquon is the Giants' best difference-maker. He also can take the game over. 

Just an FYI:

The Giants are 21-42-1 all-time with Saquon Barkley in the lineup and 9-16 without him

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I disagree Zach is 100% a difference maker. Addition by subtraction if you would. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Just an FYI:

The Giants are 21-42-1 all-time with Saquon Barkley in the lineup and 9-16 without him

they still win more games with saquon than without him 

he moves the needle 

the Jets don't have a star as big as Saquon at least not on offense  

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they still win more games with saquon than without him 

he moves the needle 

the Jets don't have a star as big as Saquon at least not on offense  

Uhm . . . No, they don't. 

I just showed you that the Giants have a slightly better winning percentage without Saquon than with him. No idea what you are on about. 

And in terms of star power, that's nice, but Breece Hall through his first 13 career games averages 6.1 yards/carry. Barkley averaged 5.0 yards/carry in his rookie year. I'm comfortable with Breece. 

Also, the Giants have no WR close to GW. 

This is a bad take, my man

10 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The worst case scenario is Saquon scoring a TD on the Giants opening drive. If the Giants ever get a ten point lead in this game, they will win. 

Fun fact:

The Jets have 7 comebacks of 10 points or more under Robert Saleh, including 2 this year. (This is tied for the league lead over that timespan) 

• Upvote 3