Why do Yankee fans care about the Mets?

Latinlawyer

Again and Again, I see threads about the Mets being started by Yankee fans? What's up with that? Are things so boring in Yankee land that you need to comment on each iota of Mets news? OH NO Enter sandman is played for Wagner, OH NO Martinez hit a batter again, OH NO Beltran hit a HR to lead the mets to a win...

What the hell...Yankee fans..can you guys just chill with the crap...Come on..you guys should be concentrating on your team..

LL

Its the other way around. mets fans always start **** because they always got **** to say but they cant back it up because they suck and never make the playoffs. All they say is "WA WA WA you have a huge payroll and we suck". So we start threads to defend our team then they shut the hell up because they know its the truth that were better.

Its the other way around. mets fans always start **** because they always got **** to say but they cant back it up because they suck and never make the playoffs. All they say is "WA WA WA you have a huge payroll and we suck". So we start threads to defend our team then they shut the hell up because they know its the truth that were better.

Its funny, because before 1996, I knew the true yankee fan who had suffered through the tartabull, mattingly and winfield years. Now, its hard to tell the true yankee fan from the front running scum who only follow the yanks for their recent success...these are also the same fans who like San Fran 49ers in the 80's, the cowboys in the 90's, the bulls in the 90's..so on and so forth. I know you guys will agree that the frontrunners are in your ranks. I respect knowledgable yankee fans like MBN007 who brings knowledge about the game but I hate the young punk ass fans who try to act "thuggish" and they wear their yankee cap to the side and with a flat bill because somehow that means you are hardcore...please.

Anyway, i hope smizzy you understand...i am talking about the punk yank fans.

LL

Its funny, because before 1996, I knew the true yankee fan who had suffered through the tartabull, mattingly and winfield years. Now, its hard to tell the true yankee fan from the front running scum who only follow the yanks for their recent success...these are also the same fans who like San Fran 49ers in the 80's, the cowboys in the 90's, the bulls in the 90's..so on and so forth. I know you guys will agree that the frontrunners are in your ranks. I respect knowledgable yankee fans like MBN007 who brings knowledge about the game but I hate the young punk ass fans who try to act "thuggish" and they wear their yankee cap to the side and with a flat bill because somehow that means you are hardcore...please.

LL

No sweat. Ive been a Yankee fan since 1984...When they sucked ******* juice.

LL

You better not be pointin this **** towards me. Im not a frontrunner. The Yankees were the 1st team i knew of when I started following them in 1997. My dads a big Yankees fan so i was raised one. So I do rock my Yankee fitted with a flat Bill and Backwards and to the side. Its a hot style. Not everyone does it to act like their all hard an ****.

You better not be pointin this **** towards me. Im not a frontrunner. The Yankees were the 1st team i knew of when I started following them in 1997. My dads a big Yankees fan so i was raised one. So I do rock my Yankee fitted with a flat Bill and Backwards and to the side. Its a hot style. Not everyone does it to act like their all hard an ****.

You just described yourself exactly as LL said.

Congrats.

You just described yourself exactly as LL said.

Congrats.

No i said im not a front runner. I said im a yankee fan because i was raised one considerin my dad was one so i became one. Im not a front runner LL your a loser for sayin that original post. Just because someone rocks their Yankee fitted to the side and think their hood doesnt mean their not true Yankee fans. You made no sense.

No i said im not a front runner. I said im a yankee fan because i was raised one considerin my dad was one so i became one. Im not a front runner LL your a loser for sayin that original post. Just because someone rocks their Yankee fitted to the side and think their hood doesnt mean their not true Yankee fans. You made no sense.

That sounds about right to me. Nobody should be labled for wering their hat to the side...I don't but who am I to judge someone who does?

as for latin lawyer, a lot of dudes who wear their yankees fitteds to the side dont know anything about sports, but they arent even really front runners. A yankee fitted WAS in style (REALITY CHECK FOR YOU LATIN LAWYER THAT STUFF WENT OUT WITH LAST SUMMER ONLY***** FROM NJ STILL COP YANKEES FITTEDS)

BUT, I digress, Latin Lawyer, a lot of dudes who wear yankees fitteds arent even baseball fans at all, if you were to ask them who they like they would probably say yankees but they wouldnt know anything for the most part... they just know that it was in style and it says new york.

personally i wear a straight brimmed mets fitted either straight or to the side, and its gotten a lot better now the last two years now that the mets have been getting better, there are new colors and different stylez of mets fitteds.

you can just edit that stuff instead of deleting it smizzy, I know your a yankees fan but he needs to learn that if he wants to bring that weak ass biased trash into a discussion he's gonna catch heat.

Try making your point without calling him names and I won't have to edit anything.

Im a mod first,Yankee fan second.

Again and Again, I see threads about the Mets being started by Yankee fans? What's up with that? Are things so boring in Yankee land that you need to comment on each iota of Mets news? OH NO Enter sandman is played for Wagner, OH NO Martinez hit a batter again, OH NO Beltran hit a HR to lead the mets to a win...

What the hell...Yankee fans..can you guys just chill with the crap...Come on..you guys should be concentrating on your team..

LL

Honestly I don't "care" about the Mets but in addition to being a Yankee fan, I am a baseball fan and willing to have a discussion with any rational fan about whatever team they may like. There's not a single team in MLB I "care" about or "worry" about other than the Yankees. Does that mean all fans of a particular team should never discuss a team thay have no rooting interest in? To each is own but that sound a bit odd to me.

Hell, living in Florida I find myself talking about the D' Rays quite often because I think they have a TON of very good young talent at the MLB and AAA level. If their ownership would spend just a little bit of money to grab two mid-level starters and a set up guy, they could probably win an extra 20-25 games with those small moves alone.

See, I just talked about a team that is not the Yankees and offered an objective opinion on thier situation.

As far as some of the ball busting that goes on around here, thats just how it was when I was growing up in the Bronx. Met fans loved to run their mouths at a time they shouldn't have cared about the Yankees and now there's a little of the same going on. Personally I like to keep it rational and on topic but the occassional ribbing is not a big deal IMO.

Why do Mets fans care so much about the Yankees?

Why do Sox fans care so much about the Yankees?

IMO..honestly

Met fans hate arrogant Yankee fans that they have to share the same city with and believe me, as a life long Yankee fan I can't stand the Johnny come lately who runs his mouth about how great the Yankees are, when he was saying the same thing about the Mets in '86, and there isn't any shortage of bandwagon fans of ANY team in ANY city.

Red Sox fans are just frustrated and jealous. They got a ring. Congrats to them, they deserved it. But now that the hysteria has worn off for most of those fans and the nucleus of that team is gone, they're still angry. In all seriousness, who in the world would be happy to be fans of a team that is known for having a near decade long record of finishing second to their biggest rival.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...best conversation I've ever witnessed was a Yankee fan and Bosox fan at a wedding who had just met.

"Hi, I'm so and so from Boston"

"Hi, I'm this guy, drove down from Philly"

"Oh, you a Phillies fan"?

"Nope, I'm from the Bronx"

"oh, (shrugs shoulders) we're just jealous"

end of conversation and RSN summed up in three little words.

There is a lot of ball busting between Met and Yankee fans- will always be that way -lets just keep it civil enough in these discussions. Some people like to instigate though on both sides

Honestly I don't "care" about the Mets but in addition to being a Yankee fan, I am a baseball fan and willing to have a discussion with any rational fan about whatever team they may like. There's not a single team in MLB I "care" about or "worry" about other than the Yankees. Does that mean all fans of a particular team should never discuss a team thay have no rooting interest in? To each is own but that sound a bit odd to me.

Hell, living in Florida I find myself talking about the D' Rays quite often because I think they have a TON of very good young talent at the MLB and AAA level. If their ownership would spend just a little bit of money to grab two mid-level starters and a set up guy, they could probably win an extra 20-25 games with those small moves alone.

See, I just talked about a team that is not the Yankees and offered an objective opinion on thier situation.

As far as some of the ball busting that goes on around here, thats just how it was when I was growing up in the Bronx. Met fans loved to run their mouths at a time they shouldn't have cared about the Yankees and now there's a little of the same going on. Personally I like to keep it rational and on topic but the occassional ribbing is not a big deal IMO.

Nice post Airforce. I think the majority of us feel the same and just bust a little balls in some of our posts.

At the end of the day most of us Mets fans came back and offered up congrats on the Yankees winning the East last year after a horrendous start in which we gave it to you guys pretty hard.

The BB forum is good stuff.

Nice post Airforce. I think the majority of us feel the same and just bust a little balls in some of our posts.

At the end of the day most of us Mets fans came back and offered up congrats on the Yankees winning the East last year after a horrendous start in which we gave it to you guys pretty hard.

The BB forum is good stuff.

Absolutely, as long as people keep it civil I'll partake. Breaking chops is one thing. Insulting people and making personal attacks is another. This is the reason why there are some people on this forum who I ignore 99.9% of the time because they're not even worth the effort it takes to hit the keys. I enjoy good debate, not posters presenting opinions as facts, making personal attacks, or coming in just for the sake of causing trouble. I stopped that kind of stuff in 5th grade.

The day after the Sox beat the Yankees was obviously not a great day for me but the FIRST thing I did when I got to work was send a congratulatory e-mail to a co-worker of mine who is a Sox fan. While he clearly roots for a team I despise, the guy is capable of having an objective, rational conversation about the Sox and Yanks and deserved to enjoy seeing his team win and I can respect that.

Bob-Have you looked at this forum, the threads that are on it, and who started them?

You may want to change your stated stance.

That is because Mets fans bombard every Yankee thread with asinine comments .

This Mets stroke fest is comical.Screw the Mets....Make the playoff's and come talk to me.

This Mets stroke fest is comical.Screw the Mets....Make the playoff's and come talk to me.

Well said.

Very well said.

Smizz-I think you are talking to the wrong guy.

Sorry your feelings have been apparently hurt by talk.

And Yes, I guess asinine talk is only spewed by Met fans. You must be a selective reading mod.

Smizz-I think you are talking to the wrong guy.

Sorry your feelings have been apparently hurt by talk.

And Yes, I guess asinine talk is only spewed by Met fans. You must be a selective reading mod.

C'mon SD....Im just having some fun. the Yankee fans here make more than 50% of the asinine comments in this forum.

No doubt about it.

Selective reading? I can barely read at all!

Here is the breakdown of Assinine threads

1) JBF 82%

2) Mets fans 9%

3) Yankee fans 8.9%

4) GOB 0.1% (That is only because of the Tigers good start)

Wait until Jetstone figures out we have a baseball forum. Then all hell is going to break loose.

Yeah. We'll have to hear about how Bollinger should be the ace on somebody's pitching staff.

He's the Marlins' #2.

Anybody could fill spots 2-5 on that pitching staff.

Hell Chad has a sick 70 mph change-up.

Archived