“Frustrated Jets Fans” ready to move on from Cook, Lawson, Cobb, Uzomah

Uzomah is the vocal leader of this offense.  A guy like this you cannot move off from midseason.  Plus hes not a bad player.

Cobby is Rodgers best friend.  They would cut Quinnen Williams before they cut cobby.

Lawson is great depth at DE.  We need him and he will not be going anywhere.

Cook is atrocious and no one would trade an orange gatorade for him.  Cant cut him becasue of what we paid him.  he aint going nowhere either.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Uzomah is the vocal leader of this offense.  A guy like this you cannot move off from midseason.  Plus hes not a bad player.

Cobby is Rodgers best friend.  They would cut Quinnen Williams before they cut cobby.

Cook is atrocious and no one would trade an orange gatorade for him.  Cant cut him becasue of what we paid him.  he aint going nowhere either.

The part about Q getting cut ahead of Cobb might be the most ridiculous thing I ever read.  Congrats ;)

Lawson is great depth??  That orange Gatorade you mention or how about a traffic cone might be better depth.  We just invested a first round pick on an Edge.  Ok if he doesn’t start but he should be getting Lawson’s reps.  Clemons is our emergency depth in case of injuries.  The experiment inside isn’t working.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Didn’t uzomah grade out well in blocking against the eagles ?

I mean they beat the eagles, right ?

Ruckert is clearly the better blocker and many would agree has more juice as a pass catcher.  

Maybe another team would be a better fit for Uzomah … better utilize his talents.

His remaining salary this year is just shy of $2M + $8M next year.

Jets might nab a late draft pick and prefer to get him off their books sooner.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Screenshot-2022-12-22-at-6.36.23-PM.png?

two goofs in their costumes

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The team is run by Aaron Rodgers 

It's an insane setup but here we are 

Aaron rodgers is the king of the jets 

We should find out how big JD and Saleh’s balls are soon enough.  Maybe not this trade deadline or over Cobb being released or completely benched, but it will come to a head some point.  Cobb is likely not worth the fight.

I just want the Jets to trade for a legit starting WR replacement for him.  Let him be the #4 or #5 option.  JD needs to articulate this year is as much about supporting Zach’s development and the Jets evaluation of him as anything else.  Cobb playing 50% of the reps at this stage gets in the way of that and the Jets playoff hopes.

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The team is run by Aaron Rodgers 

It's an insane setup but here we are 

Aaron rodgers is the king of the jets 

yep

and that's why no one should hold their breath waiting for Cobb to go anywhere. 

and that's also the main reason I don't see a significant WR move being made - I don't see head coach/GM Aaron Rodgers being willing to take snaps away from Cobb or Lazard  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Could happen.

My OP was not suggesting that we trade Cobb.  But we might need to trade for a WR to push him back in the pecking order.

Presumably, we can trade Lawson and Uzomah.  Each for a late pick.

Cook, likely not.  But, we can try to trade him and then release him post deadline to give him a fresh restart.  

46 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think that’s the more appropriate headline pre trade deadline.

Addition by subtraction.  Trade, release, bench … whatever JD can make happen.  

Get more speed, more power and apparently more accountability onto the field for a playoff run.

Time for Izzy, Gipson, McDonald and Ruckert.

Love the headline

all those players are zero to me

• Upvote 1

I have zero problem with keeping Uzomah whatsoever. Vocal, well liked team leader.

Lawson barely plays and will be gone next year but is also a well liked vet and decent depth.

Cobb is only here because he's Rodgers' buddy and I'd love to upgrade but I don't think he's a major issue at this point either.

Cook is the only one who needs to go. He sucks, we should be better at RB2 and he's now vocally complaining about his role. Should be flat out cut if we can't trade him.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

My OP was not suggesting that we trade Cobb.  But we might need to trade for a WR to push him back in the pecking order.

Cook, likely not.  But, we can try to trade him and then release him post deadline to give him a fresh restart.  

Lawson is definitely going on Tuesday, Rumors are they have 2 teams interested in him.  Uzomah, I do not think will be traded. He is respected in the locker room and they don't have someone to take his place.

If they can get another late pick swap from any team, for Cook, they will pull the trigger.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I have zero problem with keeping Uzomah whatsoever. Vocal, well liked team leader.

Lawson barely plays and will be gone next year but is also a well liked vet and decent depth.

Cobb is only here because he's Rodgers' buddy and I'd love to upgrade but I don't think he's a major issue at this point either.

Cook is the only one who needs to go. He sucks, we should be better at RB2 and he's now vocally complaining about his role. Should be flat out cut if we can't trade him.

My logic on Uzomah is it’s going to be tough to keep Ruckert on the bench.  If (and it is an if) JD & Saleh see this happening, then Uzomah might be worth far more to another team than to the Jets.

An ideal condition for a trade provided the other team finds the remaining contract fair for how they would use Uzomah.

Do I expect it to happen?  No.

Do I think it’s good business?  Yes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Get more speed, more power and apparently more accountability onto the field for a playoff run.

Actually I don't  think the headline is correct. I think it is more that Jets fans, media, advanced stats all show that the young guys should be playing over these stiffs. Saleh is super stubborn and has the defensive head coach allegiance to veterans so not sure this changes

• Upvote 3

I feel like this is misdirected angst. Cook looks shot and will be gone, but the rest are solid veteran role players at worst, and none of them are holding the Jets back from competing for a title. They could cut all four of them tomorrow and it wouldn’t make a hair of positive difference in the way the 2023 Jets operate. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Lawson is definitely going on Tuesday, Rumors are they have 2 teams interested in him.  Uzomah, I do not think will be traded. He is respected in the locker room and they don't have someone to take his place.

If they can get another late pick swap from any team, for Cook, they will pull the trigger.

This seems the most likely scenario, and it’s the one Cimini believes is forthcoming out of the break—Cook and Lawson off the roster, with Ruckert and Gipson moving into Uzomah’s and Cobb’s roles moving forward. 

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

💯 

34 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

i'd sit him for a couple of weeks to see how izzy does.  if he's okay, cut cook and win some points with the players (doing the right thing)

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rotum GIF

Lol!

Rodgers has lost some leverage with the to-date returns on Cook, Cobb, Lazard, and Turner.

JD has also spoken often about the flexibility to improve the team via the trade route.  Something that was part of Rodgers agreeing to give money back.

Since he’s now hurt, will Rodgers green light a bigger deal (using the money he gave back) for let’s say a WR that helps the team this year as opposed to next year?

Logic tells me probably not if he has given up hope he can make it back this year.  Unless said WR can help this year and next year.  Maybe a guy like Hopkins.  But that would mean that the reunion dream with Adams dies.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This seems the most likely scenario, and it’s the one Cimini believes is forthcoming out of the break—Cook and Lawson off the roster, with Ruckert and Gipson moving into Uzomah’s and Cobb’s roles moving forward. 

It’s what I want, hope for, and expect.

Beyond this season, I wonder if Cobb recognizes the writing on the wall from the Jets perspective, as well as his own self evaluation, and stays on as a coaching intern next year.  He may be shot on the field, but his leadership and experience has been beneficial to this team behind closed doors.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like this is misdirected angst. Cook looks shot and will be gone, but the rest are solid veteran role players at worst, and none of them are holding the Jets back from competing for a title. They could cut all four of them tomorrow and it wouldn’t make a hair of positive difference in the way the 2023 Jets operate. 

Fair enough but I’m always looking for opportunities to improve my business / team today and tomorrow.

1. Upgrade WR to push Cobb back in the rotation.

2. Get something in return for Uzomah if the Jets plan to give Ruckert a bigger role.  Something I’d like to see them do.

3. Get something in return for Lawson if the Jets plan to give McDonald a bigger role.  Something I’d like to see them do, 1st round pick and all.

On the surface you are right Tom but the best businesses / teams go a step further.  

• Upvote 1