MCGovern and Replacement Center Options

How bad is McGovern?  Is Tippman going to be ready?  Schweitzer?

Newman was fair but If none of the other 3 are ready to go they will have to bring somebody in.  My first thought was Trystan Colon but he is now starting at G for the Cards.  Another C they have had recently is Ross Piersbacher who was cut by the Lions with an injury settlement in August.  Not sure how bad his injury was.

I think they had Brent Laing in camp and he should be on the street.  I know Pankey was versatile but not sure he ever snapped.  He is on the Cowboys practice squad now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How bad is McGovern?  Is Tippman going to be ready?  Schweitzer?

Newman was fair but If none of the other 3 are ready to go they will have to bring somebody in.  My first thought was Trystan Colon but he is now starting at G for the Cards.  Another C they have had recently is Ross Piersbacher who was cut by the Lions with an injury settlement in August.  Not sure how bad his injury was.

I think they had Brent Laing in camp and he should be on the street.  I know Pankey was versatile but not sure he ever snapped.  He is on the Cowboys practice squad now.

Just watching McGovern get off the field, that seemed to be a serious injury.

Not sure about Wes. Saleh said they would know more about each tomorrow.

Would be nice if Tippmann and Brown were back next week.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If tippy is healthy, he finally gets to play his postion.  Tippy and C and switzer at guard will be fine.

Obviously both need to be healthy.

Based on his track record of injury coachspeak, Saleh calling Tipp a “fast healer” makes me think he’s due for season-ending surgery any day now 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

McGovern and Schweitzer both battled the MaimLife turf and lost.

So who’s out there?

Ben Jones?  Rodney Hudson?

If he wants to play and ready to play, Ben Jones. Played for Keith Carter last few seasons in TN

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Is there any way for the Jets to switch to sod right now?

Any NFL rule preventing it or just Woody’s greed and idiocy?

I don’t think you can just do that. Lots of planning would need to be done. Best case, it’s something that changes in the off season.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Not sure what practice squad players are out there but that’s my best guess for call up’s. Tenzel Smart is my guess for Adams . Forget any trades Don’t see anyone coming to our rescue.

Adams?  You mean Woods?  Perhaps Smart or Jets also have Marquiss Spencer DL on PS...6'4" 295

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Is there any way for the Jets to switch to sod right now?

Any NFL rule preventing it or just Woody’s greed and idiocy?

I mean, you need the Giants to agree.

Then you need to place an order with the company that installs fields.  You also can't just sod an entire field on a Tuesday, and expect the grass to hold the following Sunday.  It doesn't work that way.