Coach of the year blew it

Milo1735

I told my buddies before the coin toss if the Jets win the toss they better not take the ball (im sure they would have). Neither team was scoring a TD. Best bet was to make your defense get a turnover or 3 and out and create the short field where you only need the FG to win. Exactly what the JEts did

Daboll gift wrapped the game to the Jets today. Thanks bud

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Milo1735 said:

I was surprised the Giants didn't choose to kick off in OT.  If they weren't going to pass, their best chance was to make a play on defense or special teams and/ or maybe get the ball near mid field.

Totally agree. In this game, the way things went today, you want to be in a position to take a chance and have a field goal win it for you.

You can't do that with the ball first in OT. 

• Upvote 2

I was surprised the Giants didn't choose to kick off in OT.  If they weren't going to pass, their best chance was to make a play on defense or special teams and/ or maybe get the ball near mid field.

Ha I was thinking same thing.

Jets benefited by having their D out there first.

Gave them excellent field position after the stop and made it so the Zuerlein FG ended proceedings.

You are sooo right!

I was like please don’t give us the ball to start! 

That’s one way of looking at it. But the way Barkley was ripping 5-6 years every carry, they could’ve continued doing that instead of dump offs. And I don’t get why Barkley gave himself up in the 4th quarter on that one run when he could’ve easily smashed a couple of Jets for an easy FD.  He couldn’t get FD in the next play and punted and our all pro QB decided to take a sack on 4th down. The defender wasn’t even in his blind spot. Almost like Zach turned blind for a few seconds. I think that sack and that gave up were two much larger plays than they seemed. 

Saquon Rios through the D for a 1st and it’s game over. Zach takes the sack, as he did, and it should’ve been game over if it wasn’t for the missed easy FG. Giants make that FG and Jets had no business scoring a TD with maybe 18 seconds remaining. 

• Upvote 1

It wasn't just the decision to take the ball, it was the play calls they ran too. Sure, the penalty stuffed things up for them, but swing passes - twice in a row - and an obvious screen were bread and butter to us. A proper play action pass would likely have caught us out completely, got a bit of momentum for them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, JetsMan57 said:

I told my buddies before the coin toss if the Jets win the toss they better not take the ball (im sure they would have). Neither team was scoring a TD. Best bet was to make your defense get a turnover or 3 and out and create the short field where you only need the FG to win. Exactly what the JEts did

Daboll gift wrapped the game to the Jets today. Thanks bud

Gano did