Let's have a serious Aaron Rodgers chat

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been skeptical about him returning. Seemed to be such a long shot. As Aaron has said, there are certainly hurdles remaining and the progress has to continue. So no public timeline for his return makes sense.

But, hot damn, this has to make you feel tingly!

Watching this, I am no convinced a return this season is now a possibility.  Late December?

What the actual …. ????? Holy crap that’s impossible 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have thought the same thing. And I don't mean this dismissive to you in any way but I actually don't care.

It seems to be within reason that maybe there was something about this injury that makes this return faster possible. Versus the typical old fashioned you are out a year thing.

The new procedures help, but this is fast even by new standards.

That is where the I don't care part comes in. Whatever motivates Rodgers at this point, sign me up. If it feeds his ego to do what is being portrayed as impossible and it works, getting him back on the field. Sign me up!

I'm with, I don't care either. As long as he's effective, healthy, and wins. Also saves us our 1st next year. Maybe the "injury" wasn't as bad as we thought and it was overstated for various reasons. The entire incident looked staged that Monday night (I was also in shock so that could be part of it). Anyway, I'm with you. I want 3-4 years of a healthy Rodgers. Get some some OL immediately!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RJIII said:

The entire incident looked staged that Monday night (I was also in shock so that could be part of it)

If you rewatch it now you will see his leg/calf getting stretched out in a very unhealthy way. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have been skeptical about him returning. Seemed to be such a long shot. As Aaron has said, there are certainly hurdles remaining and the progress has to continue. So no public timeline for his return makes sense.

Watching this, I am no convinced a return this season is now a possibility.  Late December?

Seems to me that in the end he still has to have the scar tissue develop so that his special brace does not get ripped off the second he does something explosive. I remain super skeptical.

• Upvote 4

I do think it is possible for a December return. Keep in mind that Cam Akers tore his achilles and returned to play in less than 6 months. While this would be even faster, I also think for one, medicine and technology has improved dramatically over the years, and two, Rodgers is a qb which requires a lot less stress on the achilles than a RB. 

Hard to claim he "faked" it or it was "staged" when you saw his calf pop on live TV. It was actually some gruesome sh*t when you watch it snap in slow motion. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

A more important question. What is your old ass doing up at 0100? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

I do think it is possible for a December return. Keep in mind that Cam Akers tore his achilles and returned to play in less than 6 months. While this would be even faster, I also think for one, medicine and technology has improved dramatically over the years, and two, Rodgers is a qb which requires a lot less stress on the achilles than a RB. 

Hard to claim he "faked" it or it was "staged" when you saw his calf pop on live TV. It was actually some gruesome sh*t when you watch it snap in slow motion. 

The Cam Akers who was never even close to what he was before rushing back and is on the scrap heap now?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RJIII said:

I'd love to see it, but, if he returns this year I become skeptical of this entire "injury"! It's impossible to return that quick and be effective for anyone, especially at his age. Next year, yes! 

Why ? Because what the “ experts “ say ? I’m just saying it’s not like it’s been attempted many times. Is there another NFL player besides Akers to even try to come back same yr ? If not that’s 1-1 in attempts, so definitely not “ impossible.” That is just an easy cop-out for those that can’t admit no one really knows..  I know Akers came back five and a half months. But he was a running back and needed considerably more time obviously for that position . He also said he definitely could have came back sooner..

Rodgers specifically asked for doubters to motivate him.  This is the kind of thread that leads to an ACL.   Rodgers is done here.  He’s over the hill and will never take a snap in the NFL again.  

PS Does Becton look like he’s getting fat?

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

It’s the mustache that got you feeling tingly 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have thought the same thing. And I don't mean this dismissive to you in any way but I actually don't care.

It seems to be within reason that maybe there was something about this injury that makes this return faster possible. Versus the typical old fashioned you are out a year thing.

The new procedures help, but this is fast even by new standards.

That is where the I don't care part comes in. Whatever motivates Rodgers at this point, sign me up. If it feeds his ego to do what is being portrayed as impossible and it works, getting him back on the field. Sign me up!

agreed, but we don't need him coming back early and re-injuring himself just because it feeds his ego. we hopefully have him for 2 more years at least. no need to rush him back to play behind a patchwork oline

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It’s not happening.

To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Or worse, jeopardizes his career. 

He's 40. So there isn't much career left. This egomaniac is gonna be under center, who ever that is, on Black Friday vs the Fins.

• Upvote 1

It is interesting if we can stay in the playoff race the next 6 weeks or so if him playing actually can happen.

What I think is huge with this is that it's his left foot as he's mentioned. Not his foot he's planting on in his drop back and getting his power from when throwing. Making it easier to come back in that regard. The worrisome part is this OL is drilled by injury and he will be having to move. Not like he will have a good pocket most throws and go to work.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, at some point an adult in the room is going to have to step in and tell Rodgers to take the extra time to heal. Granted, the Jets don’t currently have that adult in the room, so it’ll be up to Rodgers’ medical team to explain to him what’ll happen if he gets rolled up on, especially on that MetLife quicksand.

I think it depends on how they look.

If the Jets look a QB away from legitimately contending as they have thus far and are in the 9-10 win range then I think it’s worth the risk if he’s cleared to play. 

I don’t think we’ll get that many wins with Zach and I think the defence will regress. I assume the season will be dead by the time that conversation would start. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve seen that movie. 

IMG_3334.jpeg

I love that flick.

I don’t see Rodgers playing again in 2023, nor do I think it’s wise for him to rush to try. Nothing could be more same old Jets than Rodgers coming back in Dec, reinjuring himself, and missing all of the 2024 season. And I don’t think our record by Dec. would validate such a risk.