Let's have a serious Aaron Rodgers chat

Maxman

Taking a few dropbacks doesn't prove he's not in pain or stressing it when he shouldn't be. Coming back early risks re-injury that might end his career. Especially risky this year with an OL that is beyond dinged with injuries. Does it make sense to risk a healthy Rodgers next year to put him in the cold, behind a broken OL to play with a team that hasn't had much time to gel with him in months? It's tough as a fan to see the team not take the shot at the playoffs this year, but it's also challenging to think about risking a healthy Rodgers next year (and maybe never seeing him play out a year) sticking him behind a bad OL during the worst weather to play for a wildcard in which the team almost certainly will not be able to count on many tiebreakers in their favor. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

naaah. 

This is Aaron's team. He's the leader of the franchise now, for better or worse. 

If he gets medically cleared to play, Saleh legitimately doesn't have the authority to keep Rodgers out of the game. 

I was being facetious 😛

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So with this being the case does the Doc say ok the tendon is fully healed now its up to the players and trainer when the calf Muscle is ready for live action . I also heard some doctors say the Tendon heals back even stronger than what it was previously. Is this about pain threshold ? Lots of questions.

Agreed. 

If it's healed, it's healed. It's a matter of how quickly he can get back in shape and begin that muscle memory process. 

I think this has been the number one goal this entire time, which is why we're seeing him walking and now throwing and putting weight on his leg. He has made it a point to stay active, attack the training, and ensure he does not lose a lot of strength in the surrounding muscles and tendons as the achilles heals. I truly believe a lot of the delay is guys sitting on their ass waiting for the leg to heal which, in turn, delays the process. 

I do not speak from a ton of experience but I played collegiate baseball and went through quite a few injuries, including a full miniscus replacement and a labrum/rotator cuff tear. The hardest part is staying engaged with the therapy and making sure you bust your ass to get back out there as soon as possible. It is easy to fall into the "I can't do anyhting" mindset, and I just don't think that's who Rodgers is 

• Upvote 1

We’re onto LA

just kidding.  It’s giving the team hope, which is awesome.  

He won’t be cleared for contact unless the surgeon approves. He’s only the …..

….former President of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the former President of the Herodicus Society.

If ElAttrache clears him, I’m good with it 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Seems to me that in the end he still has to have the scar tissue develop so that his special brace does not get ripped off the second he does something explosive. I remain super skeptical.

And you should, as do I.

Not that it matters, but as a physician I realize there's a difference between being close to fully functional and being fully healed.  The speed bridge can lessen the tension on the repair and hasten a return to function, but we're talking about an NFL QB here, not a weekend warrior.  Sure, he could look good in a flag football game throwing darts, but that ain't this.

Playing NFL football in 4-5 months post repair would be insane.  If he did it, I would have to pray on each and every drop back to pass.  Would not be a wise move IMO...wonder what Dr El Attrache would advise.

We'll see I suppose.

If anything, the faint glimmer of hope that AR might be back this season seems to be motivating and inspiring the team, and that cant hurt.

I'd say its a slim chance he comes back, but I think its some number greater than zero - could be 0.000001% but what the hell...

BELIEVE.

I never watched Pat Mcafee until the other day and was surprised I thought he was OK friendly entertaining reasonable. Then I put it on today their Halloween show saw AR on the show. Mcafee pays Rodgers to be on the show. Aaron reportedly has been paid over a million by Pat who says he's worth it and more. So on todays show  with AR I thought he played up to Rodgers wasn't as natural on the show like he was without Aaron who I thought was a jerk. 

On 10/30/2023 at 1:27 PM, Lupz27 said:

I feel bad for you my man.  My dad had the same issue at around the same age.  Got both done and can’t lift either above his head.

For anyone wanting to avoid this horror, curtail sleeping on your sides that takes out more rotator cuffs then anything.

That's what the doctor told me also, but I didn't believe him. I couldn't imagine sleeping on one's side would cause that, but I guess I am wrong. I thought it was just so much activity with lots of golf thrown in. I refuse to get my left arm done, but my right is really not that bad anymore. I have pretty much 95% range of motion because I dug deep into my rehab to make sure I wouldn't lose my flexibility. But would have loved to have AR's doctor's lol...

That's what the doctor told me also, but I didn't believe him. I couldn't imagine sleeping on one's side would cause that, but I guess I am wrong. I thought it was just so much activity with lots of golf thrown in. I refuse to get my left arm done, but my right is really not that bad anymore. I have pretty much 95% range of motion because I dug deep into my rehab to make sure I wouldn't lose my flexibility. But would have loved to have AR's doctor's lol...
Had the same issue .. had shoulder surgery two years ago .. was a godsend for me

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1