Reactions, tweets, crazy stats, the day after one of the most improbable wins in Jets history vs the Little Giants

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nothing wrong with kicking the FG there

My big issue with Daball is not trying to win the game in overtime. They ran three straight dumpoffs to Barkley and never let Devito even attempt to get a first down, knowing that if they punted the ball back to the Jets, they would get it back with good field position only needing a FG to beat you. 

Daboll basically played overtime for a tie and I don't think you can play that way. As bad as the Jets offense is, they at least tried to win the game by letting Zach throw the ball down the field in overtime, and ultimately, that paid off and they did win. Sometimes when you try, it works out. It never works if you don't even try. 

I think with the 10 yard penalty on first down, the plan immediately was to get any yardage you could and punt, and turn it over to the defense to get the ball back.

They just stuffed up on both. Credit to the D for staying focussed and stopping them getting any yardage at all.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why?  It was a 35 yard FG.  NFL kickers should make that kick near on every time.

And just like us, Daboll has faith his defense could stop us if it was missed.

Daboll played that moment exactly like Saleh would have....maybe not the best defense of it, lol.

Because it was pouring rain, terrible conditions, Gano already missed from similar range and has 6 total misses on the year and going for the FG and missing, was quite literally, the only possible way the Jets tie/win the game.  The Jets could not move the ball and had no timeouts left.  If Daboll punts, even if they get a touch back, it wastes 8-10 more seconds on the punt coverage, giving the Jets less then roughly 16-18 seconds w/ no timeouts to get into FG range, which is impossible. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

That one I can see either way. Go for it on 4th and Barkley gets it game over

Kick the FG game over.

His biggest blunder was taking the ball to start overtime.

Agreed on OT but if he punts, there is literally a 0% chance of losing the game...you could do one of those move the punters to burn extra time and let him just bang it out of the endzone.  That runs at least 12 seconds off the clock and if you do that, it gives the Jets 12 seconds to go 60 yards w/ no time outs.  Honestly, it was a simple call.  Not sure why this is a debate.  The only way for the Jets to tie that game was to give them that field position...10 more yards and the Jets dont get that snap in...did you see how fast that ref ran to touch the ball?  lmfao....it doesnt happen if the Jets were 2 yards further away.

Hell, he would have been better off doing a direct snap to Barkley and having him run backward, throw it out of the endzone and take a safety.

FG - was the absolute worst call. 

Another item (and I can't find the clip) was JJ jumping over the OL on the Gano kick which no doubt contributed to the shank - had to be distracting as hell, and possibly Gano was just trying to avoid a sure blocked FG.

Edited by Bungaman
Edit: I stand corrected (thanks to many who had the correct jersey) - it was McDonald.
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because it was pouring rain, terrible conditions, Gano already missed from similar range and has 6 total misses on the year and going for the FG and missing, was quite literally, the only possible way the Jets tie/win the game.  The Jets could not move the ball and had no timeouts left.  If Daboll punts, even if they get a touch back, it wastes 8-10 more seconds on the punt coverage, giving the Jets less then roughly 16-18 seconds w/ no timeouts to get into FG range, which is impossible. 

Fair enough.

Personally, I'm shocked Gano is still in the league at this point.

• Upvote 1