Why Some are Not Happy Moving Forward

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Holy crap: Dexter Lawrence had 15 (!!!!) pressures against the #Jets, per TruMedia

The split overall, by player:

Xavier Newman: 5 pressures, 1 sack
Connor McGovern: 4 pressures, 2 QB hits
Max Mitchell: 3 pressures, 1 sack
Mekhi Becton: 2 pressures, 1 sack
Billy Turner: 2 pressures
Wes Schweitzer: 2 pressures

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Love the win !! Amazing how this team hangs in there and makes plays at the end, probably a testament to great conditioning and scheme, keeping players fresh.  But that's not the problem

However some of you are still confused at how most of us are not real happy moving forward and I can explain that fairly easily. The Jets do not have a QB right now  and Its hard to look forward to trying to win games vs teams every week with 2 min left in the 4th quarter that should have been put to bed in the first half.

Anyone with half a brain can see this team struggles with Zach Wilson at QB. He's simply put the worst QB in the NFL. Trying to constantly get past that hurdle every week is mentally draining and probably physically draining as well. Our Defense is always on the field because we can't sustain drives, hell we are lucky at times to even get a first down. The NY Jets are the worst team in the NFL in many offensive categories and all of that points to Wilson and its obvious. Like I have said 1 million times this type of play is not sustainable and the fact that JD (who I think has done a great job in many ways) refuses to legitimately address the QB position is mind bogglingly stupid. 

The other problem is Becton who got torched today and had a stupid penalty as the icing on the cake. This guy can not deal with speed rushers at all he's terrible. Yet here I am reading his praise because he is actually staying on the field yet not playing consistent at all. I warned about his problems with speed rushers and that is no help to an already terrible QB and yesterday it showed and in other games it amounted to pressures that were just over looked. Number 1 priority next year is to say good bye to this guy with Rodgers coming back and make LT the number 1 priority in the draft trade up and get the best LT available and put this nonsensical project to rest already or get the top already proven FA if one is available. No more damn Projects.

Coaching ... How Dalvin Cook a known fumbler was on the field in the rain at critical points in this game was ridiculous. The Jets should have had 1 game plan and that was to constantly feed Breece hall the football. Also how this coaching staff continues to watch Zach hold the football with players running open and not at least try to spark the team with a QB change after 100 punts in a row followed by constant 3 and outs is just as ridiculous. 

Why People are not happy in summary ? Because we all get to look forward to this garbage again next week and the week after that and the week after that.  This may be the worst handling of the QB position in the history of the NFL and its not even close.

One thing is while O categories are bad, this team and the QB makes plays at certain times when they need to to get the wins. That is really the hardest part of this sport as many teams cannot do that. It is partly Zak and the Oline both that struggle most of the game, but when the chips are down get the job done. So they are far ahead of a lot of offenses in that area and make no mistake sustainability or not knowing how to win is the most difficult thing to do in this game or world for that matter. It mostly takes a will of tempered steel which most do not have and these Jets seem to possess.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Holy crap: Dexter Lawrence had 15 (!!!!) pressures against the #Jets, per TruMedia

Scary thing is that only two of the above players were our original starters ... three 2nd / 3rd string guys plus a PS elevation making up your O line is always going to make for a tough day. Especially with Center being such a revolving door, in terrible weather to boot.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Giants Dline is great and not all teams have that where it will virtually destroy our Oline like they did.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Outside of a rising star QB, a great receiver and a great RB, the offense is in shambles. The O line is a complete disaster, the play calling is discpicible, and the team as a whole is incredibly undiscipllined. 

I think most fans are upset becuaes they know that you cant exepect your QB to bail you out of so many problems every week, no matter how good he is

People complained last year about play calling and Mike White came in and the three weeks he played the Jets produced more yards on offense than any team in the NFL . Plays always look bad when the QB is totally incompetent this is not on the OC . When it comes to Dalvin Cook being in the game or even on the active roster that's 100 % on Saleh . In a game like yesterday you feed the RB the ball and eventually a guy like Hall will break one hell he broke 3 tackles on that screen play for the TD. I dont care if he had 10 rushes for 12 yards you keep feeding him. Remember back in the day a guy named Barry Sanders who would have 20 rushes for 120 yards and an 80 yard run ? He came through in the 4th quarter many times because they kept feeding him through the bad games.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

One thing is while O categories are bad, this team and the QB makes plays at certain times when they need to to get the wins. That is really the hardest part of this sport as many teams cannot do that. It is partly Zak and the Oline both that struggle most of the game, but when the chips are down get the job done. So they are far ahead of a lot of offenses in that area and make no mistake sustainability or not knowing how to win is the most difficult thing to do in this game or world for that matter. It mostly takes a will of tempered steel which most do not have and these Jets seem to possess.

That is a great Trait to have but this type of play is not sustainable and if this team keeps up with the 3 and outs vs better offensive teams eventually they will strike ...Cowboys were one example as were the Chiefs now we face another team that can generate points and have a not so good defense but we will make them look like the best D in football Mark my words this is not that hard to predict anymore

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Speaking only for myself:

-One of the lowest performing/producing Offenses in the NFL
-Worst starting QB in the NFL.
-O-line in shambles, health and quality wise both.
-One good WR (Wilson), the rest....not really worth mention.
-A good RB (Hall) that we cannot or will not devote to running more.
-Questionable coaching, at best.
-Net results is a team that scrapes by desperately, winning some, losing some, finishing around ~.500 but accomplishing little else.

Yesterday simply wasn't entertaining football IMO.  Yes, it's great to win (100%), and yes, Zach finally made a few throws very late.  But that win was all about the Giants mistakes (missed FG's, the OT decision to take the kickoff) and the Jets special teams (Morestead team MVP yesterday) than it was about the Jets Offense.  Only Hall, whose HR run after a short pass was our only TD, gets kudos, and he was unable to do literally anything else. 

It wasn't a great show, wasn't a win you "build on" to do more and better.  It was just a win, vs. a team that will likely vie for the #1 overall pick this year.  And for me at least, it certainly doesn't make me believe the Wilson-led Jets are a playoff team in 2023.  

Good thing is, they play the games, so we'll see how we do against the Chargers Monday.  

War everything you say here is in play no doubt but a lot of that goes away with a competent QB ...All of it goes away with a HOF caliber QB .

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Love the win !! Amazing how this team hangs in there and makes plays at the end, probably a testament to great conditioning and scheme, keeping players fresh.  But that's not the problem

However some of you are still confused at how most of us are not real happy moving forward and I can explain that fairly easily. The Jets do not have a QB right now  and Its hard to look forward to trying to win games vs teams every week with 2 min left in the 4th quarter that should have been put to bed in the first half.

Anyone with half a brain can see this team struggles with Zach Wilson at QB. He's simply put the worst QB in the NFL. Trying to constantly get past that hurdle every week is mentally draining and probably physically draining as well. Our Defense is always on the field because we can't sustain drives, hell we are lucky at times to even get a first down. The NY Jets are the worst team in the NFL in many offensive categories and all of that points to Wilson and its obvious. Like I have said 1 million times this type of play is not sustainable and the fact that JD (who I think has done a great job in many ways) refuses to legitimately address the QB position is mind bogglingly stupid. 

The other problem is Becton who got torched today and had a stupid penalty as the icing on the cake. This guy can not deal with speed rushers at all he's terrible. Yet here I am reading his praise because he is actually staying on the field yet not playing consistent at all. I warned about his problems with speed rushers and that is no help to an already terrible QB and yesterday it showed and in other games it amounted to pressures that were just over looked. Number 1 priority next year is to say good bye to this guy with Rodgers coming back and make LT the number 1 priority in the draft trade up and get the best LT available and put this nonsensical project to rest already or get the top already proven FA if one is available. No more damn Projects.

Coaching ... How Dalvin Cook a known fumbler was on the field in the rain at critical points in this game was ridiculous. The Jets should have had 1 game plan and that was to constantly feed Breece hall the football. Also how this coaching staff continues to watch Zach hold the football with players running open and not at least try to spark the team with a QB change after 100 punts in a row followed by constant 3 and outs is just as ridiculous. 

Why People are not happy in summary ? Because we all get to look forward to this garbage again next week and the week after that and the week after that.  This may be the worst handling of the QB position in the history of the NFL and its not even close.

what is mind bogglingly stupid is that some people don't think signing a top 10 HOF QB addressing the situation

>>>legitimately address the QB position is mind bogglingly stupid. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The qb play has been very bad at times, but terrible OL play, dropped balls, penalties at crucial times and questionable play calling isn't helping. As for this "great D" that gets sooooo tired; try getting a stop on 3rd down and being more disciplined and not get penalized and you will get off the field. This team has BIG problems and the QB is just 1. We are what our record says we are. 4-3.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

However some of you are still confused at how most of us are not real happy moving forward and I can explain that fairly easily. The Jets do not have a QB right now  and Its hard to look forward to trying to win games vs teams every week with 2 min left in the 4th quarter that should have been put to bed in the first ha

I think we all get it.  We know what we have...

What's keeping me from where are you is the hope that Rodgers can come back.  Therefore EVERY win, no matter how ugly, is huge.  Steal one from Eagles - need a miracle to beat a QB that wasn't even allowed to throw - whatever.  

The idea is to stay in the playoff hunt as long as you can and hope if/when Rodgers comes back they are still in contention and can maybe put together a run.

With that said, the OL injuries are a real concern right now, yes.  And Becton needs to move back to RT - he's not a LT - he's just not consistent enough covering the blind side.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

War everything you say here is in play no doubt but a lot of that goes away with a competent QB ...All of it goes away with a HOF caliber QB .

I've expressed this elsewhere several times, but I neither believe, nor support, Aaron Rodgers returning to play in 2023.  The risk greatly exceeds the likely reward.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the sentiment.  For me it's not about Zach turning into something - that ship has sailed for me.  Not saying he won't eventually be good, it's possible he will, but I don't think it'll be for us.   For me, it's about surviving until Rodgers is ready to return.  If there is ANY chance Rodgers comes back this year, the goal is just stay afloat until that happens.  For that reason, I don't care how ugly the wins are, just keep racking them up.

Maybe I'm a sucker though for thinking this guy has any shot of coming back this year, but the more I see the more hopeful I get.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

So we’re clear: the worst quarterback in the NFL just led the Jets with an improbable 24 sec, 0 timeout rally to tie & then win a game in OT. The win streak is at 3, we’re above .500, and he has 5 TDs & 5 INT on the season.

Might as well enjoy the ride … because your only other option is to complain. 

And complaints after the Jets win is clown-like activity. 

To each their own.  The gaslighting and white knighting for one of the worst QB's in the NFL is what I would call "clown-like activity". 

We should want better, and it's no sin that some do.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I agree with the sentiment.  For me it's not about Zach turning into something - that ship has sailed for me.  Not saying he won't eventually be good, it's possible he will, but I don't think it'll be for us.   For me, it's about surviving until Rodgers is ready to return.  If there is ANY chance Rodgers comes back this year, the goal is just stay afloat until that happens.  For that reason, I don't care how ugly the wins are, just keep racking them up.

Maybe I'm a sucker though for thinking this guy has any shot of coming back this year, but the more I see the more hopeful I get.

Surviving until Rogers comes back yes, but also planning for a year or so (4 plays?) down the line with his eventual replacement.  Sad to say but we need to be drafting QB again, maybe in round 2 or 3 EVEN IF Rogers is back

• Upvote 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion/feelings.  Me Personally I feel good considering the injuries and brutal schedule we had to start the year.  Are there issues on offense?  Of course but at the end of day we are still winning and winning cures 😂.  Look would I rather have Rodgers?  Of course I would and I’m hoping he will return by the end of the season.  Ugly or not as long as we keeping winning enough to get to the playoffs that’s all that matters to me 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Surviving until Rogers comes back yes, but also planning for a year or so (4 plays?) down the line with his eventual replacement.  Sad to say but we need to be drafting QB again, maybe in round 2 or 3 EVEN IF Rogers is back

I agree 100%.  It's a good year to do it too.  Lots of intriguing names regardless of where we end up drafting, even if we wait til the 3rd/trade back up into the 2nd.  No matter who it is though, it'll be a good situation for him.  Come in and learn from Rodgers for a year; bring in a veteran as well/keep Zach for another year so there is almost 0 chance of our rookie being forced to play.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1