TV Coverage was the worst I've seen in years yesterday

Warfish

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Repeatedly penalties were called, no reply provided.

Announcers mentioned "huge hits" on Zach, no reply was provided.

Injuries happened, no replay (I guess I understand McGovern since it was apparently quite ugly).

Questionable plays happened, no replay.

All over the course the game the coverage, specifically the video and replay stuff, was more atrocious as the play the on the field.

This wasn't some startup network doing their first game, this was CBS.  One of the worst broadcast quality games in quite some time IMO.

Felt like I missed half of the game with how little, and how poorly, they handled replays yesterdays.

JMO.

Very true, I noticed as well. Very frustrating to hear them comment on X, and NO replay is shown.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I saw barber was on it and i muted it the whole game

I wasn't impressed with Mr. Falcons QB too.  Several times he said "no one was open" while the camera was literally showing a guy wide open at that time.  Having heard him quite a bit, he's definitely an ex-QB who shills for QB's IMO.

Barber is just bad and biased.  Not much else to say with him really.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Injuries happened, no replay (I guess I understand McGovern since it was apparently quite ugly).

All over the course the game the coverage, specifically the video and replay stuff, was more atrocious as the play the on the field.

This wasn't some startup network doing their first game, this was CBS.  One of the worst broadcast quality games in quite some time IMO.

Felt like I missed half of the game with how little, and how poorly, they handled replays yesterdays.

JMO.

shockingly bad.  

the only thing i can say is perhaps CBS was saving viewers from seeing such a crappy game even more.  Just get it over with.

• Haha 1

These announcers are so caught up in their own schtik... one thing that really bothered me is on the first punt after Gipson got hurt, they did not mention that dj Reed was back there... only after the 2nd or 3rd time he was back... that's pretty important in a game like that with terrible conditions and a field position game

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I wasn't impressed with Mr. Falcons QB too.  Several times he said "no one was open" while the camera was literally showing a guy wide open at that time.  Having heard him quite a bit, he's definitely an ex-QB who shills for QB's IMO.

Barber is just bad and biased.  Not much else to say with him really.

Barber wants to be the guy on the fan who trashes the jets and cowboys all the time but he can’t if he wants to get these gigs.  

Just now, Biggs said:

It was an ugly game.  Now you're complaining you didn't get to see more replays?  I wish I got to tune in at the 14 minute mark of the 4th quarter. 

I am with him.  I don't want to see fans in rain slickers.  I want to see replays.  I literally would have gone to the game if I wanted to see you guys in your trash bags yelling.  A good 75% of the reason I stay home to watch is to see the replays.  You can talk about how much money the teams make off the fans at the game, but the league makes more off the TV contract.  Stop ******* it up.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

JMO.

I agree with this... Plus Tiki was so heavily biased Giant fan made it difficult to listen to as well. I guess it was their home team... But he is tough to listen to. 

The non-replay of any critical play was also sloppy... 

When Gibson was clothes lined just like Barkley there was no mention of it... 

I did like the close up of Saleh mouth the words 'what the **** is he doing' when Zach got sacked on the 4th down. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Repeatedly penalties were called, no replay provided.

Announcers mentioned "huge hits" on Zach, no replay was provided.

JMO.

I agree. They did a really bad job with the replays. Matt Ryan is actually a decent color guy though — I never liked his demeanor as a player, but he has some decent insights. Tiki is douche who I just can’t like, although he wasn’t terrible in the booth either.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Those announcers were trash the NFL broadcasting channels need to do a better job. 

This

All these announcers are terrible all they do is key on a few select players and tell us a  bunch of stories from their lives growing up and how great they are. 

Like dude how many times I need to hear how great the pats were in the past  or what mahomes favorite skittle color is.

Call the freaking game and stfu

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

JMO.

How about the game winning FG that barely got inside the uprights.  They showed one replay from the side (which is a completely useless angle).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

My favorite part was Barber complaining about Barkley when the guy was literally 97% of their offense.  He sounded so jealous.  It was awesome.

It must just kill Tiki that he had one of the greatest seasons a RB ever had and an overall very good career as a Giant and is still despised by most Giant fans. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This

All these announcers are terrible all they do is key on a few select players and tell us a  bunch of stories from their lives growing up and how great they are. 

Like dude how many times I need to hear how great the pats were in the past  or what mahomes favorite skittle color is.

Call the freaking game and stfu

I missed that, what color is it? I'm calling red.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

JMO.

I agree with all of the above...  we did get to see some Patrick Mahomes ads though

• Upvote 1

I also thought it was strange that they were not showing many of the penalty replays that would normally be shown in a game. Then I started thinking that the reduced amount of penalty replays shown might be in response to the increased volume of fan complaints on the bad officiating this season. I wouldn't put it past the NFL to tell the networks covering the games to relax on showing penalty call replays. No need to further incite outrage from fans. Just a thought...    

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AZ Jet Guy said:

I also thought it was strange that they were not showing many of the penalty replays that would normally be shown in a game. Then I started thinking that the reduced amount of penalty replays shown might be in response to the increased volume of fan complaints on the bad officiating this season. I wouldn't put it past the NFL to tell the networks covering the games to relax on showing penalty call replays. No need to further incite outrage from fans. Just a thought...    

I considered the same thing during the game, but if that's true it really makes the league look bad.  perhaps CBS only sent 2 cameras to the game lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree with this.  It got very annoying.

I actually thought that at the end of the game, when garrett wilson made the first down catch on the sidelines, that was also a pass interference call...When he gets up for more yards, he is being tackled out of bounds, and a Giant comes in and gives him a forearm to the head/helmet....with all the flags thrown for head shots, I thought that should've been a "plus 15!"

I had to drive down to West Palm and Back yesterday, nearly 4 hours in the car. Listened to the Jets Broadcast via NFL.Com Redzone App the whole trip. Probably the best idea I've had in ages regarding the Jets.

Also, having listened to many broadcasts over the years I actually enjoy the fact that Wischusen and Marty aren't total, complete d-bag homers. They just call the games and offer insights and pretty much tell it like it is. Called out the lack of discipline on Defense and seemed pretty objective talking about penalties. Sure, Bob gives his usual over the top deliveries on plays like Breece's run, but he does that for every game he calls, Saturdays and Sundays... but he doesn't go on about the magnificence of everything the Jets do, or how flawless their strategy was, or that every call against the Jets is an unfair travesty like other homer calls.

Listening to homer broadcasts of other teams is just, ew. Back when I had to listen to Jets v Dolphins games on the radio, Jim Mandich was such a tool it was embarrassing and it seems most other home calls are every bit as bad as he was.