Garrett Wilson Appreciation Thread

slimjasi

One thing I'd like to know about with Garrett. On the sidelines he's often talking with Zach and it's usually animated. I remember one time he seemed to be yelling at him and Zach seemed totally confused. So are these just regular "civil" conversations between QB and WR or are these guys having issues. 

• Upvote 1

It's damn near impossible for WRs, no matter how good they are, to have "chemistry" with ZW because his placement and timing are so erratic.

The WRs have no way of knowing whether the ball will arrive on time (most likely it won't) or not, whether it will be inside or outside the frame of their bodies, or anything else.

That late throw to the deep right boundary to GW, for example.

ZW waited until GW was already open until he released the ball.  By then it was too late, the ball didn't have enough mustard on it, and the DB was able to recover and make a break on the ball.

ZW has no sense of rhythm and timing. 

And he's like Jay Cutler in the sense of being a "see it, throw it" QB rather than being able to anticipate open windows.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It's damn near impossible for WRs, no matter how good they are, to have "chemistry" with ZW because his placement and timing are so erratic.

The WRs have no way of knowing whether the ball will arrive on time (most likely it won't) or not, whether it will be inside or outside the frame of their bodies, or anything else.

That late throw to the deep right boundary to GW, for example.

ZW waited until GW was already open until he released the ball.  By then it was too late, the ball didn't have enough mustard on it, and the DB was able to recover and make a break on the ball.

ZW has no sense of rhythm and timing. 

And he's like Jay Cutler in the sense of being a "see it, throw it" QB rather than being able to anticipate open windows.

To add on that sometimes he throws 200mph Balls on a 5 yarder and then 10 mph on a 30 yarder

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One thing I'd like to know about with Garrett. On the sidelines he's often talking with Zach and it's usually animated. I remember one time he seemed to be yelling at him and Zach seemed totally confused. So are these just regular "civil" conversations between QB and WR or are these guys having issues. 

Doubtful.  Garrett has been behind Zach.  Not saying he doesn’t get frustrated but unlike last year both are connecting much more than last year m.  He is probably telling him just to throw the ball near him and he’ll do the restvwhucu shows how talented GW is because he’s made some terrific tough catches

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It is a tragedy that this season of GW is being wasted on a backup QB. His production would be through the roof with Rodgers

It’s a tragedy for my fantasy team too. If you told me in August I’d be starting Adam Thielen over Garrett Wilson I’d crawl under a rock 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I’ve noticed that too. He is a HUGE competitor and can see he wants to win badly. Last yr as a rookie he took charge and really got in Zach’s face and try to get him fired up and out of his usual daze. Usually it’s the qb doing that ( Brady , ect ) but it’s great to see Garrett step up..

This yr I think Aaron has preached to be more civil and calm to the guys. He is still the leader of the team even though he is not on field right now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Claymation said:

That’s all he did. 18 yards on 12 carries, ran a wrong route, dropped a pass. I like, but it isn’t even close.

Running behind 3rd stringers with the box full of defenders lmao. If not for his td Jets don't come close to winning that game. Week after week he makes plays. To say it's not close is asinine. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Running behind 3rd stringers with the box full of defenders lmao. If not for his td Jets don't come close to winning that game. Week after week he makes plays. To say it's not close is asinine. 

Garrett Wilson was OROY last year at Wide Receiver. Playing with 💩 at QB. 

How about this... they're both REALLY REALLY GOOD young players at different positions that the Jets need to wake up and accommodate by improving the complimentary pieces around them before they say, "**** this sh*t, get me outta here". 

Cool?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Our entire offensive game plan is just waiting for Breece hall or Garrett Wilson to make a play.

Thats it

We had the opportunity to add more playmakers but JD sat on his hands at WR and ultimately decided Dalvin Cook was the missing piece at RB. Not great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1