Twitter community notes corrects Bonehead Esiason

AFJF

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Boomer said the Jets shouldn't have won because the ref didn't spot the ball.  Geoff Schwartz tweeted that the play was legit because while the centers spotted the ball, the ref did come in to confirm the spot was legit and touched the ball to put it in play.  Looks like community notes corrected Boomer.  

Pretty obvious the whole MO at FAN is to just gaslight/troll fans to get reactions.  Glad Boomer got humiliated on this one.

Idiot Michael Kay said the same thing on his show that the play wasn’t legal. I shut his stupid show off right there. Learn the rules before you speak.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I often chide Saleh and staff for not taking care of the small details at time, but credit here for them, they obviously made it a point of emphasis how to do that and it showed.

I will in admit in real time, I said they have no chance of getting on that ball. Lazard battling for extra yardage did not help.

Saleh should be chided again. They didn’t know the situation…again. 17 seconds is when they snapped the ball. 

• WTF? 2
  • Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh should be chided again. They didn’t know the situation…again. 17 seconds is when they snapped the ball. 

Lazard needs to go down immediately. They were even gifted a free timeout with the flag on the previous play. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Lazard needs to go down immediately. They were even gifted a free timeout with the flag on the previous play. 

The throw shouldn’t have even been made but if you’re going to throw it down the middle of the field then everyone needs to know you drop to the ground with no timeouts left.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Boomer said the Jets shouldn't have won because the ref didn't spot the ball.  Geoff Schwartz tweeted that the play was legit because while the centers spotted the ball, the ref did come in to confirm the spot was legit and touched the ball to put it in play.  Looks like community notes corrected Boomer.  

Pretty obvious the whole MO at FAN is to just gaslight/troll fans to get reactions.  Glad Boomer got humiliated on this one.

I also enjoy how many out there are claiming time should have ran out, that the clock operator gave the Jets an extra second… focus on the clock while watching the play & you Clearly see/hear that Zach spiked the ball & 1 second remained on the clock After doing so.  I am Happy for him, he was castigated & rightly so for a similar situation against Denver just 3 weeks ago & has Obviously Learned from it … I Hope he continues to Learn, like don’t take a sack on 4th down when you have time to throw… @ least try a Hail Mary in that instance, you never know, you may get a PI like he did in OT, which ended up getting them in position for the win.

• Upvote 1

Zach had a brutal game but did make throws when desperately needed. Granted Taylor got injured. Davito was there third string backup but they faired much worse. Correct me if I am wrong but were not some fans here impressed with him in the preseason and suggested finding a way to sign him. Need to stop wining and move on to week 9 and Chargers.

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Boomer was whining this morning alot. He said the weather was bad but....

I can remember a couple of Jet games where he won 6-0 and lost to the Colts 9-6. He sucked and complained about the weather. He should STFU.

The ineptitude yesterday reminded me the some of those excruciating-to-watch early to mid 90's Jets games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I thought this too when it happened, but it wasn't very clear that the official came in and touched the ball in real time as I was going ape sh*t watching the game.

It's pretty clear on the replay.  Boomer is an idiot.

Yea, I don’t understand how an ex-QB can have this take after rewatching it. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

I also enjoy how many out there are claiming time should have ran out, that the clock operator gave the Jets an extra second… focus on the clock while watching the play & you Clearly see/hear that Zach spiked the ball & 1 second remained on the clock After doing so.  I am Happy for him, he was castigated & rightly so for a similar situation against Denver just 3 weeks ago & has Obviously Learned from it … I Hope he continues to Learn, like don’t take a sack on 4th down when you have time to throw… @ least try a Hail Mary in that instance, you never know, you may get a PI like he did in OT, which ended up getting them in position for the win.

image.thumb.png.ae83a27325ac89c3916f20726624cf39.png

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That’s the ref touching the ball signaling it’s good to go, which Esiason clearly got wrong.

Yup he touched the ball at 3 seconds and Zach spiked it at 1 second. There was no conspiracy that the timeclock operator screwed up or the ref didnt spot the ball. It was all done legit. Got to give Zach and the team (and the refs) credit for getting it done. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I often chide Saleh and staff for not taking care of the small details at time, but credit here for them, they obviously made it a point of emphasis how to do that and it showed.

I will in admit in real time, I said they have no chance of getting on that ball. Lazard battling for extra yardage did not help.

I will admit in real time that the Jets are not a smart football team, from top to bottom. That was way too close for comfort. 

• Upvote 1