BTW, the Youtube Sunday Ticket experience is miserable

Many buffering problems yesterday which Youtube acknowledged. Fortunately for me, Jets were on my local feed this week. 

Youtube acknowledges the issues and says they were working on them. We''ll see about that.

For someone that was a DirecTV subscriber to Sunday Ticket for almost 30 years, I never had an issue with them like it was this past weekend. Streaming is still not 100 % adequate for this type of volume and audience. Also, toggling back and forth between games simultaneously is cumbersome and not snappy. 

Oh well, the NFL got their money so there is that.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Many buffering problems yesterday which Youtube acknowledged. Fortunately for me, Jets were on my local feed this week. 

Youtube acknowledges the issues and says they were working on them. We''ll see about that.

For someone that was a DirecTV subscriber to Sunday Ticket for almost 30 years, I never had an issue with them like it was this past weekend. Streaming is still not 100 % adequate for this type of volume and audience. Also, toggling back and forth between games simultaneously is cumbersome and not snappy. 

I had some issues but it just wasn’t clear for a minute or two. Only happened 3-4 times. Had two other TVs going with other games and those were working just fine. First issue all season for me so I’m more than happy to be going through YouTube vs getting bent over by direct Tv.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yesterday was the first time I saw degradation to the picture. It was rough for about a half hour. Never saw the buffering problems people were complaining about though.

I really like the way YTTV does it. Multi-view with RZC on one screen w/sound on is great. It's super easy to click through games in MV.

The Multi-view is a great tool. Very good innovation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I had some issues but it just wasn’t clear for a minute or two. Only happened 3-4 times. Had two other TVs going and those were working just fine. First issue all season for me so I’m more than happy to be going through YouTube vs getting bent over by direct Tv.

Degradation problems yesterday and when trying to switch back and forth between games, I would get a spinning circle.  Technology is just not there yet.

That said, have not has any issues with Thursday night Prime Games. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s been good for me on YTTV with the exception of a few times yesterday.

The various multi-cast options are great, too.

YTTV is awesome.

Have had it for many years now and my only regret is that I didn’t dump DirecTV sooner.

I have a second home in the Poconos, where I do not have Internet access. I use Directv for both homes on one account (shhhh!!).

I am surprised that  YTTV did not parter with someone for areas that have poor broadband reach. 

I had lots of buffering and pixelation yesterday as well, but in their defense every other week has been flawless so far. I've missed entire games in years past with directv streaming issues. I'll take one mildly cruddy game over that though. 

I'm also almost 100% sure that even with the buffering and stuff I still caught every punt. So I didn't really miss anything. 

• Upvote 2

Has worked great for me with only exception being sound quality sucks.  I got a nice audio setup and nfl ticket pumps stereo sound instead of dolby.  It's much weaker than paramount plus or peacock.  Even spectrum pumps out a dolby signal. 

14 minutes ago, static14 said:

I had lots of buffering and pixelation yesterday as well, but in their defense every other week has been flawless so far. I've missed entire games in years past with directv streaming issues. I'll take one mildly cruddy game over that though. 

I'm also almost 100% sure that even with the buffering and stuff I still caught every punt. So I didn't really miss anything. 

I should emphasize that my DirectTV experience was 100% satellite. Never have streamed with them.

I don't have the Sunday Ticket, but the YTTV feeds for college football Sat night, and the Jets on Sun, were a little spotty for the first time this season. 4 pm games in multi-cast were fine from what I noticed. 

Every other week has been fine. And you have to accept with streaming that you'll be a few seconds behind.

46 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mine just froze entirely, 3 different times.

I had to get out of the app entirely, and re start

Lol I was just talking with my dad about how great it's been for us 

No issues at all. Streaming has been crystal clear and the best part about it is the ability to simultaneously watch it on numerous devices. Plus, so much easier to flip between sunday ticket games and those on local TV, considering we have YouTube TV as well