This is why Joe D can't stand pat...OL reinforcements are a must

AFJF

Great to get the win yesterday but you're not going to have that happen very often when you're getting pressured 25 times (per Daniel Jeremiah).

Giants defenders total pressures were through the roof.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

where are these reinforcements going to come from? 

Narnia? 

Neverending Story 80S GIF

Too bad teams aren't allowed to trade or poach from practice squads.  I guess the Jets are just stuck with the guys they have.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Great to get the win yesterday but you're not going to have that happen very often when you're getting pressured 25 times (per Daniel Jeremiah).

Giants defenders total pressures were through the roof.

That's a lot of pressure.  Tough to play QB under those conditions. Especially in those weather conditions.

• Upvote 3

It was astounding to me how many people suddenly thought Becton was good and were hollering for an extension just becasue he was healthy.

He at this point is a guy that will do okay if we are running alot or if he is facing some lousy pass rusher.  Against anyone good he will get owned as he did all day yesterday.

We at least need to poach some teams psquad for a player or two.  Trades?   They rarely work out for olineman no team trades a good olineman.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It was astounding to me how many people suddenly thought Becton was good and were hollering for an extension just becasue he was healthy.

He at this point is a guy that will do okay if we are running alot or if he is facing some lousy pass rusher.  Against anyone good he will get owned as he did all day yesterday.

We at least need to poach some teams psquad for a player or two.  Trades?   They rarely work out for olineman no team trades a good olineman.

Becton has been great. He got beat twice yesterday by a great player, it happens. Still think he’s in our long term plans. Where do we magically get starting LTs from anyway? Who’s replacing him?

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The OL was under siege due to a combination of poor play and injuries.

But ZW also invites pressure like no QB I’ve ever seen by holding the ball for an eternity, believing he can wriggle himself out of any situation by running ass backwards.

Agreed about the running backwards is less frequent, thankfully. But he did take his fair share of hits yesterday. 

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Becton has been great. He got beat twice yesterday by a great player, it happens. Still think he’s in our long term plans. Where do we magically get starting LTs from anyway? Who’s replacing him?

Don't think he's been "great" like you say.  But he's nowhere near the top of the list of things that need to be fixed right now....

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Dexter Lawrence treated Xavier Newman like a ragdoll.

We're in trouble if that guy is playing meaningful snaps for us going forward. What's the word on Tippmann?

Not just Newman, he was steamrolling everyone.

I hate to compare but I never see Quinnen doing Things like Lawrence.

It's frustrating to see the OL so beat up and getting beat despite Douglas trying to staff the line. It's one injury after another. Out of the eleven OL on the roster, five are out/IR right now. We're not even halfway through the season and the OL has just one starter still playing his actual position. We have the starting RT playing LT, the backup RT on the field, a practice squad center, the starting LG and I guess the backup LT plays RG? 

It's additionally frustrating that offensive plays so infrequently add a blocker to a line that so often needs help for a QB who needs time.

17 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Not just Newman, he was steamrolling everyone.

I hate to compare but I never see Quinnen doing Things like Lawrence.

Lawrence is a good 40 pounds heavier than Quinnen Williams. Quinton strength is his quickness and then his strength. Lawrence has mass and strength and relies less on quickness.