Would you trade next year's 1st for Davante Adams?

The only thing I believe is getting in the way of this trade is the Raiders would need to eat an incremental $23.5M in dead money (acceleration of remaining un-acrrued signing bonuses) at a time they have less than $10M in available cap space.  So it might be a non starter unless there are creative ways to push that forward.  

Jets

Davante through 2024; then an out before 2025.  Presumably they can redo contract or franchise but unclear how this works

2023 cap hit = ~ $3M remaining salary + $250K Pro Bowl bonus  

2024 cap hit = $16.89M guaranteed salary + $610K roster/workout bonuses = $17.5M

Raiders

2024 1st round pick to help with the rebuild

2023 accelerated cap hit = $23.5M

Would you do this deal if feasible?

1 minute ago, jbt said:

wait until offseason and we know Rodgers is the QB

In that case, you would still give up our first rounder?  Because we don't have a second rounder and a third rounder probably doesn't get it done.

If you would give up a first rounder, then why not give it up now?  Rodgers doesn't seem to be going anywhere and would implicitly be signing off on the deal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The only thing I believe is getting in the way of this trade is the Raiders would need to eat an incremental $23.5M in dead money (acceleration of remaining un-acrrued signing bonuses) at a time they have less than $10M in available cap space.  So it might be a non starter unless there are creative ways to push that forward.  

Jets

Davante through 2024; then an out before 2025.  Presumably they can redo contract or franchise but unclear how this works

2024 cap hit = $16.89M guaranteed salary + $610K roster/workout bonuses = $17.5M

Raiders

That accelerated/dead cap hit wouldn't accelerate to this season. Unless they pay/paid him more money, Adams's cap hit for the season was set as-is since June 1st. 

• Upvote 1

There is certainly an argument that the Jets under Zach wouldn't know how to use him and he might cause a distraction in the locker room demanding the ball.  Maybe this hurts Garrett's own development.

Plus there is the issue of the OLine ..  

Those things would need to be vetted and the belief would have to be that this takes a lot of pressure off the OLine.

Anyways, just a thought as we approach the trade deadline.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

You do not trade away a player who can come back and beat you in two weeks 

Really?  Is that written in the Bible?

Depends on how the Raiders are viewing this season.  Will they waive the white flag early given the state of their roster and look to rebuild for the future?  A key question but I strongly dislike absolutes

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

Don’t about wanting adams.  He’s apparently burning some bridges with the raiders and seems to be a bit of a diva.  How would he coexist with G Wilson? Right now Wilson is the no.1 receiver and rightfully so.

My rebuttal would be Tyreek Hill.  Seems to be working well for the Dolphins and hasn't seemed to hinder Waddle's development.

How about a 1a and a 1b?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

As much as I want Adams on the team we've absolutely got to get some OL help.  What are we going to do if we lose another OL?

It would be awesome to see DA and GW with Rodgers back to make a run in the playoffs.  But as this line is currently patched together I think even if he could play it would be in Rodgers' best interest to just stay on the sideline.

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'm from Utah now?

Silly absolute statement.  

I have no idea, I never saw a post from you before but just figured a guy who just joined after Zach Wilson became a Jet, and most likely never saw a Jets game before 2021, well they usually are BYU/Wilson fans 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I have no idea, I never saw a post from you before but just figured a guy who just joined after Zach Wilson became a Jet, and most likely never saw a Jets game before 2021, well they usually are BYU/Wilson fans 

Pretty ignorant guy.  Not a good look.

I've been a Jet fan since Johnny Lam Jones was drafted and post here quite a bit.

More than happy to debate you on the merits of a topic.  Probably a good time to move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

My rebuttal would be Tyreek Hill.  Seems to be working well for the Dolphins and hasn't seemed to hinder Waddle's development.

How about a 1a and a 1b?

I don’t know if tyreek is a good comparison.  Tyreek is such a baller.  He’ll do whatever it takes to win.  But I see your point. Having a guy like hall would certainly free up Wilson.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Really?  Is that written in the Bible?

Depends on how the Raiders are viewing this season.  Will they waive the white flag early given the state of their roster and look to rebuild for the future?  A key question but I strongly dislike absolutes

In Exodus 

• Haha 1

No.  Would rather keep that pick and draft a WR.  Rome Odunze, Keon Coleman, Malik Nabers, Xavier Legette.  Someone who will be here for the long haul, to pair with Garrett for the next 5-10 years.  Davante is great and the AR connection is nice, but he'll be 31 next year making big money that only gets bigger as the years go on.  Not sure how difficult it would be to restructure, but no matter what he'll be expensive and (most likely)declining.

Take the young kid.  There are some real good ones in this draft.  Sure it's a risk that maybe you miss, pick the wrong guy, but trading THAT much for Davante is just as, if not more risky.  

I don't really see the point of trading premium assets for anyone right now.  Our OL is decimated.  We have no weapons at WR outside of Garrett.  Our best run stuffing DT is done for the year.  There are so many needs, the odds of us putting it together is a longshot.  I'd rather bring in cheaper options to fill the voids and hope for the best.  Anything we get this year is house money.  Take the experience and come back recharged and healthy next year. 

AGAIN - not saying do nothing:  Renfrow and a scrap heap OL pickup would be great at a minimum....just no trading 1st rounders, please.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Jets

Raiders

If I’m not doing that I’m using my 2025 1st rounder with my 2024 1st and whatever else it takes to move up and get Harrison Jr.

Its way to important to not have that 2nd WR.

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

G Wilson is the only WR on this team the rest are JAG’s shame on JD 

Thats why a lot of people were pounding the table to look into DHop. Who everyone poo pooed, but has more touchdowns and yards than GW. Not saying he's better than GW, but having him would've went a long way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1