Someone Said Something About the Jets - a JetsFaninPatsLand Thread

11 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

It’s an interesting topic. Should ZW have been in the building during bye? I really don’t know protocol. Isn’t this stuff part of the CBA where the players are given a break for a week? 

Not sure of the exact protocols. But what I’ve been talking about, for the starting QB and the second overall pick…I’ve always found it odd he only spends mandatory time in NY/NJ. He is always in Utah. Call me old school I guess, but typically the starter/leader commits to a location and the job. He’s only 24 l. His mom can fly out but they seem to be the helicopter types who wish their kids were permanently in high school.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

why would anyone care what is said on WFAN?  No one I know listens to that garbage anymore.

unfortunatly i still do as i used to enjoy the discusssions on my way to work early in the am and then on my way home.

WFAN appears to have decided to really go with the hot take approach which Morash and now Tiernay are part of.

I did not see it mentioned on this board but Tierney's show regulary talks to Carl Banks. Whether it was staged (I dont think so) their interview if you call it that this week with him was an absolute disgrace. In my opinion, they embarrased themselves and if I was Banks, I would tell WFAN I was done.

I enjoy talk radio but it is so bad, I find Tiki being the voice of reason but once Morash pipes in, I actually go over to Michael Kay (I know one poison or the other).

For those on here who are tech savy, I would love to abandon these knuckleheads and go to Podcasts but I simply do not know how to get there on Sirius. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

unfortunatly i still do as i used to enjoy the discusssions on my way to work early in the am and then on my way home.

WFAN appears to have decided to really go with the hot take approach which Morash and now Tiernay are part of.

I did not see it mentioned on this board but Tierney's show regulary talks to Carl Banks. Whether it was staged (I dont think so) their interview if you call it that this week with him was an absolute disgrace. In my opinion, they embarrased themselves and if I was Banks, I would tell WFAN I was done.

I enjoy talk radio but it is so bad, I find Tiki being the voice of reason but once Morash pipes in, I actually go over to Michael Kay (I know one poison or the other).

For those on here who are tech savy, I would love to abandon these knuckleheads and go to Podcasts but I simply do not know how to get there on Sirius. 

Carl Banks sucks. He got upset because they called out Thibadeux for being a JAG.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not sure of the exact protocols. But what I’ve been talking about, for the starting QB and the second overall pick…I’ve always found it odd he only spends mandatory time in NY/NJ. He is always in Utah. Call me old school I guess, but typically the starter/leader commits to a location and the job. He’s only 24 l. His mom can fly out but they seem to be the helicopter types who wish their kids were permanently in high school.

I’m not even sure if Zach is allowed in the building is my point. He can probably work out on his own and rehab injuries, but I don’t think he’s allowed to have contact with coaches. He might have went to Utah to work out with Beck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I actually bought YouTube premium which has most podcasts on it. It’s expensive ($14 a month), but as someone who is in the car a lot for work it’s worth it to me. 

4 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I’m not even sure if Zach is allowed in the building is my point. He can probably work out on his own and rehab injuries, but I don’t think he’s allowed to have contact with coaches. He might have went to Utah to work out with Beck. 

This goes away if he plays well. He was really bad after his trip to Utah last year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Is this guy a giants fan?

yes - he's a huge giants homer.

this has been circulating for a couple days - most people are telling him how much of an idiot he sounds like.

wfan, outside the morning show, is a total sh!t show.  BT and Sal are just full of awful takes and evan and tiki is a borefest with this ass morash chiming in.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The Station is becoming unlistenable. Other I never though I would say anything nice about Tiki Barber but he might be the best guy they have there right now.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I understand the viewpoint but we simply do not have the whole picture.

During the bye, are the coaches in the facility everyday? Are other players there working with those coaches and going over film or fundamentals? 

If yes, there is a valid point to say someone in Zach's position to stay in town and work with his coaches during the time. 

My understanding though is players and coaches use this time to get away at least mentally for a week or so.  So while Morash is simply trying to stir up drama, does he want him showing up at FP with no one else there?

Stupid opinion from a stupid person (Morash not you Matt).  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I understand the viewpoint but we simply do not have the whole picture.

During the bye, are the coaches in the facility everyday? Are other players there working with those coaches and going over film or fundamentals? 

If yes, there is a valid point to say someone in Zach's position to stay in town and work with his coaches during the time. 

My understanding though is players and coaches use this time to get away at least mentally for a week or so.  So while Morash is simply trying to stir up drama, does he want him showing up at FP with no one else there?

Stupid opinion from a stupid person (Morash not you Matt).  

I would imagine the coaches are there. I mean, the bye week is not a vacation. They have a 7 month offseason. 

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

SXM in the car for me.  NFL Network, and several other solid sports sites, plus some for fantasy and sports betting.  Absolutely no need, or interest in, WFAN and the idiots there.  90% of the talk there is for Yankees fans anyway.  Boring.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree, but when does he ever play well?  We all root for no interceptions and then celebrate here.

I think the overarching theme for me seems to be he’s more committed to his old life in Utah than being on his own as an adult in NJ. Kind of comes with the territory of being a professional QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Carl Banks sucks. He got upset because they called out Thibadeux for being a JAG.

whatever thibadeaux is was not the point. You are asking a pro bowl linebacker their opinion and all you want to do is talk over them and not even listen.

They screamed at him to give evidence that tibs is improving and banks did exaclty that. Now if they do not agree with Banks that is fine, but that was not the conversation and they were flat out wrong and complete jackasses.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

SXM in the car for me.  NFL Network, and several other solid sports sites, plus some for fantasy and sports betting.  Absolutely no need, or interest in, WFAN and the idiots there.  90% of the talk there is for Yankees fans anyway.  Boring.

Thanks

I will search and give it a try 

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The Station is becoming unlistenable. Other I never though I would say anything nice about Tiki Barber but he might be the best guy they have there right now.

This.  For the small amount of time I listen to WFAN, Tiki is by far the best guy they've got.  And it's a double positive because Carton is gone!  And Evan Roberts is whiny and annoying but at least he talks sports again now that he's with Tiki.  

• Upvote 1