Saleh Presser - 11/01/2023 - Duane Brown Clock Starts This Week

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Did Saleh just imply that ZW might “Wally Pip” Aaron Rodgers? In other words, ZW could play so well that AR won’t even get to start when he’s healthy?? 😳

If we finish say 11-6 or 12-5 I would think they just stay with Zach yes. But lot has to fall in place for something like that to happen.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If we finish say 11-6 or 12-5 I would think they just stay with Zach yes. But lot has to fall in place for something like that to happen.

Yeah, that is a possibility this year, but given that it’s almost certainly gonna be Rodgers’ team regardless in 2024, I wouldn’t exactly call that a Wally Pip situation (I think he was replaced by Ted Williams or someone like that who went on to be an all time great). But you’re right, if a couple of unlikely things happen (i.e. we do more than squeak into the playoffs and ZW suddenly starts playing very well), it COULD get interesting. Or ugly — i don’t think AR is working so hard to become a case study in medicine by returning from this injury in record time just to quietly take a seat on the bench once he feels he’s ready to return. All that good mojo between Rodgers and Jets could try up very quickly if he’s ready to go and they tell him “thanks, but we’re gonna just stay with Zach for the playoffs.”

14 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Yeah, that is a possibility this year, but given that it’s almost certainly gonna be Rodgers’ team regardless in 2024, I wouldn’t exactly call that a Wally Pip situation (I think he was replaced by Ted Williams or someone like that who went on to be an all time great). But you’re right, if a couple of unlikely things happen (i.e. we do more than squeak into the playoffs and ZW suddenly starts playing very well), it COULD get interesting. Or ugly — i don’t think AR is working so hard to become a case study in medicine by returning from this injury in record time just to quietly take a seat on the bench once he feels he’s ready to return. All that good mojo between Rodgers and Jets could try up very quickly if he’s ready to go and they tell him “thanks, but we’re gonna just stay with Zach for the playoffs.”

Double QB sets.  If Zach can catch, it could be fun.

13 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

If Zach gets us to 11 or 12 wins and a playoff spot and especially if he wins a couple playoff games Zach is the starter next year. Not likely but possible

11 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If Zach gets us to 11 or 12 wins and a playoff spot and especially if he wins a couple playoff games Zach is the starter next year. Not likely but possible

Possible? Yes. But I’d say that depends on more than just getting those wins, but how he plays in those wins. For Rodgers to go into camp as anything but the presumptive starter next year, either his achilles rehab has gone completely off the rails, or ZW would have to completely light it up for most of the rest of this year and into the playoffs — like in a way that is so unlikely that it’s basically impossible. 

2 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Lou Gehrig, who didn't take another day off for 2,000+ games.

4 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Lou Gehrig. 
I think he meant you play well and make going back to the injured player a harder decision.  

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lou Gehrig. 
I think he meant you play well and make going back to the injured player a harder decision.  

I agree, that is what he seemed to mean with that comment. It was just kind of a strange way to say it given the two players we’re talking about. My original post about it was more out of amusement than alarm or criticism.

Just now, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I agree, that is what he seemed to mean with that comment. It was just kind of a strange way to say it given the two players we’re talking about.

I think the two parties being discussed is what makes it clear.  Lol

6 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Did Saleh just imply that ZW might “Wally Pip” Aaron Rodgers? In other words, ZW could play so well that AR won’t even get to start when he’s healthy?? 😳

He better hurry because he hasn't played as well as any of the other 31 QB's yet.