Total Demolition in Vegas : Garoppolo Benched

Dunnie

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He played poorly 

I think he has a long enough track record to give him a shot with the interim coaching staff . . . unless of course management has decided to tank the season to draft a QB. And then you start Jimmy next season to give the rookie a red shirt season to get acclimated to the pro game. This actually is a pretty good scenario for the future of the Raiders provided they can find a coach .... Jim Harbaugh perhaps?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think he has a long enough track record to give him a shot with the interim coaching staff . . . unless of course management has decided to tank the season to draft a QB. And then you start Jimmy next season to give the rookie a red shirt season to get acclimated to the pro game. This actually is a pretty good scenario for the future of the Raiders provided they can find a coach .... Jim Harbaugh perhaps?

I agree, I’m surprised they benched him. 

Jets dodged a huge bullet not pursuing him in the offseason. Garoppolo looked serviceable in SF (minus his injuries) but that Shanahan system was doing heavy lifting to make him look that way. He's had zero football awareness with the Raiders. I get that they're benching him to tank and avoid paying him for the inevitable injury, but he's part of why that team is in the toilet this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

McDaniels is desperate, he is going to be fired.

McDaniels is also like Bill O'Brien the other pats oc in that he constantly brings in guys he had in NE not named Brady and he utter fails with them. Then he moves on from them very quickly.

Is Brady still considered a minority owner or did he bail.

7 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Is Brady still considered a minority owner or did he bail.

"Tom Brady's deal to be Raiders minority owner held up in part due to ex-NFL QB getting discount, per report"

I believe it still has not gone through and the league owners did not like the idea of anyone getting a highly discounted stake in a team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Zach Wilson v Aidan O’Connell matchup is probably Advantage: O’Connell right now. 

I’m not sure about that. AOC (haha) had the pocket presence of a sloth against the Chargers. The Raiders OL is also a sieve. That could be a shutout for us if the D doesn’t do anything stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1