Trevor Siemien.

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Carson Wentz cant find a job, but trevor siemien has one...kinda...I think?

For JD:  Wilson > Boyle > Siemien > Wentz

Interestingly, I think some folks might view it in the exact opposite order, lol, but JD runs this show.  It's his call.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For JD:  Wilson > Boyle > Siemien > Wentz

Interestingly, I think some folks might view it in the exact opposite order, lol, but JD runs this show.  It's his call.

Siemian is probably on top of the list now. Sure has the playbook by now. Very smart guy. Along with football intelligence being lot higher than zach. He’s lot more accurate, but the one thing he is known for is he makes reads quickly and gets the ball out quick. Which makes him even a much better option than Zach now given our OL issues.

Giants lucked into seeing how that made a big difference from jones to Taylor. Giants have a poor OL, and jones is like Zach, takes too long to read and throw. Taylor came in and made quick reads and throws. Making their OL look decent. All the butthurt Daniel jones fanboys even had to admit offense has looked a lot better as a whole as soon as Taylor came in. Think it’s going to be ugly again for them now that jones is back. Maybe JD will be taking notes.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

There is no chance in the world that boyle is better than siemian, but this is one of these things the jets are stubbornly stupid about.

They are going to wait till wilson gets hurt and boyle comes in and is pathetic before they actually put the proper back up in place.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

I wonder whether Boyle remains the official backup because he's familiar with Rodgers's way of doing things so if ZW goes down there's continuity for the rest of the offense--especially if there is a real belief that Rodgers will be back this season.

star-trek-darmok.gif.2584852afd6308301d51fb91af77f8e7.gif

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hey Trev, drop back 3 steps and throw to the open guy. Boom. Instant improvement. 

😆

I sat there with my head shaking back and forth in my hands Sunday after The Scrub (whose QBR actually dropped lower than the 37.1 he had going into the Giants game) made it 0 for 10 on 3rd down conversions saying "WHY? WHY? I DON"T F---ING UNDERSTAND IT!" How can this head coach keep that guy in the game when he can't even make a 1st down?" Why is Trevor Siemian a proven pro QB who has an 81.1 QBR with 42 TDs and only 28 Interceptions wallowing away on the Jets F-ing PRACTICE SQUAD? Why isn't Tim Boyle given a chance, he can't possibly be any worse that this guy. I mean I saw him during the pre-season, he looks like what an NFL QB is supposed to look like.  He actually threw a couple of TD passes while The Scrub couldn't not even in pre-season.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, usanyj said:

Carson Wentz cant find a job, but trevor siemien has one...kinda...I think?

I don't think it's that he can't find a job. More likely that he won't accept any of the low offers he's gotten.

I doubt very much no one is willing to take him on for the vet minimum or thereabouts just to potentially be a backup (though it was leaked in the spring he was ok "in any role"). He may have his limit set at $10-20MM and starting, or feels it's not worth his while to take a half-season of a Siemien type contract. 

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is no chance in the world that boyle is better than siemian, but this is one of these things the jets are stubbornly stupid about.

They are going to wait till wilson gets hurt and boyle comes in and is pathetic before they actually put the proper back up in place.

I agree but…

Beer you say stubborn, I say they make them earn it.

No way to prove either one of us wrong, however, there is a track record of the latter.

21 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I agree but…

Beer you say stubborn, I say they make them earn it.

No way to prove either one of us wrong, however, there is a track record of the latter.

They both have a track record.  

Sieman 30 career starts, 42 tds 28 ints, 13-17 record.

Tim Boyle 3 career starts 3 tds 6 ints. 0-3 record

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They both have a track record.  

Sieman 30 career starts, 42 tds 28 ints, 13-17 record.

Tim Boyle 3 career starts 3 tds 6 ints. 0-3 record

If you check out Boyle's college numbers at mighty UConn, it makes Zach Wilson look like Dan Marino.

I honestly don't think Boyle could even survive in the CFL if he had to actually play and fans realized how bad he is.

The GM eventually identified his ideal guy to meet the only 2 criteria that mattered to them as far as 3rd string QB:

1)  A-Rodge approved

2)  Laughable, pisspoor football talent / ability / track record so as to minimize any threat, real or perceived, to ZW

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Boyle doesn't belong in the NFL.  He was brought in by Rodgers and the Rodgers crew (Hackett) to be Rodgers pal and help coach up guys on the system.  He was never intended to actually play football, because he's not very good at it.

Why JD would think that was a good idea, especially after the Rodgers #4-Plays, only he could tell you.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

All those practices you’ve watched has convinced you of this?  
Siemian is terrible

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All those practices you’ve watched has convinced you of this?  
Siemian is terrible

Yes Sieman is lousy indeed, he is much less lousy than Boyle

Siemans record in the NFL is vastly better than Tim Boyles, he should be #2 on this team right now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

I sat there with my head shaking back and forth in my hands Sunday after The Scrub (whose QBR actually dropped lower than the 37.1 he had going into the Giants game) made it 0 for 10 on 3rd down conversions saying "WHY? WHY? I DON"T F---ING UNDERSTAND IT!" How can this head coach keep that guy in the game when he can't even make a 1st down?" Why is Trevor Siemian a proven pro QB who has an 81.1 QBR with 42 TDs and only 28 Interceptions wallowing away on the Jets F-ing PRACTICE SQUAD? Why isn't Tim Boyle given a chance, he can't possibly be any worse that this guy. I mean I saw him during the pre-season, he looks like what an NFL QB is supposed to look like.  He actually threw a couple of TD passes while The Scrub couldn't not even in pre-season.

Uh, maybe you didn’t notice how the run game was stuffed on a few third and shorts.  I guess those are Zach’s fault too?  Or maybe you’re referring to the four dropped passes?