What do you have to see to believe in JD, Saleh, and Zach?

I'll start...

JD-- playoffs this year would be a good start.  He let an above average OL Ezra Cleveland be gifted to the Jags for a measly hit or miss 6th round pick and seemingly made little effort to upgrade WR#2 besides calling a couple teams that had no interest in trades.  Not good enough in my opinion.  I'd also like to see him pull up his big boy pants and overrule Woody, Saleh, and Aaron when it comes to important personnel decisions moving forward.  I get group decision making but you're the ultimate decision maker on personnel you bald **** :)  

Saleh-- playoffs this year.  It's his job to phase out older, underperforming vets.  Figure out with the OC he hired how to get a lead early so his defense can do what it's supposed to do (defend a lead).  Find out how to play to Zach's strengths, even if it means running no huddle and have him thinking less.  In my opinion, a good NFL coach gets this team to the playoffs with the remaining schedule ...

Zach-- start leading the offense to points.  Show he can become a quick processor like he has shown us he can stay in the pocket longer and take a hit, or improve his accuracy.  I have major doubts but he has improved in certain areas.  Not sure quick processing can ever be fixed, unless he is overthinking and/or has been taught to play scared.  Me personally, I want these last 10 games to be the final verdict on Zach as a Jet.  Which is why I didn't want excuses such as his OL or WR#2 weren't good enough.  Back to my point on JD above..

How about you guys?

They don't need my belief.  They just need to produce.

Good players who stay healthy and produce (GM), Wins (Head Coach) and Passing production (QB).

JD has an offensive roster mostly full of trash or injured guys with "potential" who've never lived up to it.  

Saleh is a ~.333 winning percentage Head Coach.

And Zach is consistently in the 29-33 range in his QB Rating and production levels.

That's not producing.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wins

It's definitely not that simple around here.

If it were only wins then this 3-game winning streak wouldn't have this place feeling like a bit of a morgue the past few days.  It's about how the Jets win and the subjective ways in which it's evaluated here.

- Does JD get criticized for the OLine situation or kudos that he had a guy in Newman function as the Center for most of the game when few people even knew his name?

- Does Zach get criticized for some poor decisions, running a stalled offense, and having the Jets on the cusp of a loss to a bad Giants team or does he get kudos for game tying and winning drives while not throwing an INT in bad conditions while Breece Hall is contributing to Zach's low completion % by dropping passes right in his lap?

- Does Saleh get criticized for penalties and discipline issues (ex. Jermaine Johnson, Clemons) and a team that looked unprepared coming off a Bye week or does he get credit for setting an NFL record by holding an opponent to -9 passing yards and not playing overly risky by going for it on 4th downs when he has weapons like Morestead and Greg Z?

All those things are driving the narratives around here.

If it were just about wins then this place is having a party as the Jets currently ride the NFL's second longest active winning streak.

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nor should it.  Wins do not arise from nothing.  They are a factor of all the things, some of which are good, some of which are not.  And all of which are worthy of discussion.

Winning isn't simple.  Consistently winning especially so.  

And it's not about where you are in Week 9.  It's about where you finish at week 17 and beyond.

The "we won, just be happy and shut up" mentality is fine, if that's what someone wants to do, but then....why be here on JN if thats how you feel?  What is there to discuss if you're "just happy" and anything else is considered "being miserable, so shut up" when you're supposed to "just be happy"? 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If it were only wins then this 3-game winning streak wouldn't have this place feeling like a bit of a morgue the past few days.  It's about how the Jets win and the subjective ways in which it's evaluated here.

- Does JD get criticized for the OLine situation or kudos that he had a guy in Newman function as the Center for most of the game when few people even knew his name?

- Does Zach get criticized for some poor decisions, running a stalled offense, and having the Jets on the cusp of a loss to a bad Giants team or does he get kudos for game tying and winning drives while not throwing an INT in bad conditions while Breece Hall is contributing to Zach's low completion % by dropping passes right in his lap?

- Does Saleh get criticized for penalties and discipline issues (ex. Jermaine Johnson, Clemons) and a team that looked unprepared coming off a Bye week or does he get credit for setting an NFL record by holding an opponent to -9 passing yards and not playing overly risky by going for it on 4th downs when he has weapons like Morestead and Greg Z?

All those things are driving the narratives around here.

If it were just about wins then this place is having a party as the Jets currently ride the NFL's second longest active winning streak.

I guess I speak for the silent majority when I simply say that all that is important are WINS.

This season should have been a complete disaster after Rodgers blew out his Achilles. But on November 1, we’re still playing relevant games.

for this, I’m over the moon. 

Overall, I’m pleased with JD and Saleh. I think the Johnsons finally learned their lesson and have let the footballers do the footballing.

Plus, I don’t care whose QBing. It can be the devil himself. Winning is all that matters, not how. 

18 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I guess I speak for the silent majority when I simply say that all that is important are WINS.

This season should have been a complete disaster after Rodgers blew out his Achilles. But on November 1, we’re still playing relevant games.

for this, I’m over the moon. 

Overall, I’m pleased with JD and Saleh. I think the Johnsons finally learned their lesson and have let the footballers do the footballing.

Plus, I don’t care whose QBing. It can be the devil himself. Winning is all that matters, not how. 

If I let my dissatisfaction or unhappiness with the HC, GM or QB keep me from enjoying wins then it would make zero sense to even watch this team.   Because, honestly, I can remember just a handful of years in the past 30 that I've been happy with all three, or even just two of them, at the same time.

Do I think they can all do better?  Of course.

Do I think the Jets should have a better QB?  Of course (and they did for about 4 plays in Week 1).

This team is who it is.  Will I let the fact that NONE of those three guys have ANY chance of changing before next Spring keep me from enjoying a 3 game winning streak?  No way.  Three game winning streaks are like Halley's f**king Comet around here.  You better watch because it doesn't happen often. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If I let my dissatisfaction or unhappiness with the HC, GM or QB keep me from enjoying wins then it would make zero sense to even watch this team.   Because, honestly, I can remember just a handful of years in the past 30 that I've been happy with all three, or even just two of them, at the same time.

Do I think they can all do better?  Of course.

Do I think the Jets should have a better QB?  Of course (and they did for about 4 plays in Week 1).

This team is who it is.  Will I let the fact that NONE of those three things have ANY chance of changing before next Spring keep me from enjoying a 3 game winning streak?  No way.  Three game winning streaks are like Halley's f**king Comet around here.  You better watch because it doesn't happen often. 

Well said!

There’s 3 things they can do to help me feel better about all 3 situations:

1) Elevate Siemian and start him this week.

2) Cut Boyle’s worthless a$$.

3) Add one of these FA’s:  Colt McCoy, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Chase Daniel

The unwillingness to show any urgency and legitimately add to the QB room has been the biggest factor holding me back from believing in this regime. 

The longer we go on with Zach as the unquestioned QB2 (QB1 remainder of this season), the harder it will be to get me to continue to buy in.  

Hard to be a successful team with a bottom of the league QB.  Coaching and GM are fine - as seen by a 4-3 record with a bottom of league QB. 

Look at Kyle Shanahan and Matt LaFleur without competent QB play...  Coaches and rosters (ie GMs) look like crap when the QB sucks -  Period.

Unpopular opinion but Saleh and Douglas have hitched their wagon to Rodgers... which means they are playing with house money on the Zach reclamation project.  Given Zach AND all the injuries  - squeaking out a winning season (9-8) and getting Zach to slightly below average would be a win for this regime... Even if it doesn't make the fans happy. 

In their defense - any of the QB options when Zach went down weren't making the Jets Super Bowl contenders - although a few might have made it easier to win (and watch) games.  In the off-season they could have gotten a Minshew type but their bet - like most teams - was that their QB1 was going to stay healthy.  That bet clearly went against them but wont kill them for it...  Zach is essentially a lottery ticket.  Really low chance of winning but its fun to dream.  Alternatively, for this regime's detractors, lottery tickets are a tax on stupid people, and I understand the belief that not cutting ties on Zach was stupid.  The reality is Rodgers was the plan and they didn't have or weren't willing to pay for a decent insurance policy.

With Zach at QB - the expectation of many in the fan base is still playoffs - which is comical.  It is also comical to hear about teams we should beat.  No fan base, with a bottom of league QB, should reasonably demand or expect wins or playoffs.  Any wins are testament to coaching and roster - as it is unlikely we will be favored in the majority of the remaining games - and for good reason.   I am rooting for the playoffs but there is no way I personally expect playoffs with a bottom of league QB, or hold the coaching staff responsible for not making the playoffs. 

Hopefully Zach continues to his gradual improvement and it translates to improvement in statistical production.  This just got harder for Zach with the unfortunate and unprecedented injuries on the offensive line for a second straight year...