Play like a Jet video: Zach was better than the box score

LIJetsFan

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For the record Hal, I don't think in any way that you have a mental defect for believing in Zach.  I just think you're wrong, ultimately.  Hopeful, optimistic, positive, but wrong.  

I was honestly serious when I said I thought you were a good sport.  Like @Dunnie, and @FidelioJet and especially like @Hal N of Provo (the real GOAT), you guys are all ok in my book.  Wrong, of course, but absolutely ok.  We may fight, but there is no real ill will towards yall from me.  I'll take you boys 100x over vs, the Reasonable Jet Fan types around here.  

As for me and whether I like of dislike any of the Truthers or not-they are only made-up names on a computer screen with no personality. I can't tell the difference between 90% of these new people that post here. I like everybody here and even the one guy that I don't care to interact with, I've even tried with him to understand WTF his problem is, but I guess some people just don't like people, and that's not my problem it's apparently his because I do like people -even dummies who think Zackh is a good QB or is gonna be someday, again, as TP said "The Waiting is the hardest part" and I turned 68 3 weeks ago and I'm running out of Sundays

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Good video. Zach haters won’t watch it. Zach truthers will watch it and feel justified. The ones in the middle, that just want the Jets to win, no matter if it’s with or without Zach, are just getting tired of Jets fans hating on each other, about their backup QB. 

I defend the kid because he garners so much hate from fans. I am hoping that most of us are just happy to win. However he plays. 

This is another thing about the Wilson phenomenon, you notice how people all refer to him as a kid? He's NOT a kid, he's a young man but he's treated like the big bad bullies are all picking on him-there this whole victimhood thing going on in this country-I see it and I watch it and I know where it's coming from and I also have a sneaking suspicion what's behind it but that's a subject that is not discussed around here

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Just now, Dunnie said:

The last paragraph has my sincere empathy ... We can disagree on ZW, but as a long timer myself ...I can agree this franchise has broken the patience of the most passionate fan base in the league.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No other team has lost lifetime fans like the Jets Dunnie. My best friend growing up was Steve and we played football baseball and basketball together all our lives. We would get together and watch and listen (when they were home) to every Jets game and Sunday I texted him and asked if he was going to be watching the game and he was and then poof he was gone, he went to take a nap because he doesn't care about the Jets anymore. My guitarist Mike-had no idea that Aaron Rodgers was even a Jet when last we spoke-another lifelong fan who could care less. So much of this has happened since woody Johnson took over.  Think of the guys who were here for all those years who never post anymore. Only the Jets, and I have to tell you, I feel myself getting close too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

When you are 57, a 24 year old is a kid. Sorry buddy. Another comment that has nothing to do with what I was trying to say and bringing up the country’s political victimhood crap, when referring to Zach Wilson, is just making yourself look foolish. Maybe just let it go. Scream into a pillow. You are gonna have to deal with Zach for the rest of the season. 

again, you believe what you wanna believe

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Duh... Driving rain, limited throws, refusing to run, 4th string center getting driven into Zach almost every play, Becton a mere speedbump for thibs... Some big drops. 

But to be fair he missed a few critical plays. And those freaking sacks... 

But of course the stats are going to be horrible in a weather game like that... Statheads are too much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

No other team has lost lifetime fans like the Jets Dunnie. My best friend growing up was Steve and we played football baseball and basketball together all our lives. We would get together and watch and listen (when they were home) to every Jets game and Sunday I texted him and asked if he was going to be watching the game and he was and then poof he was gone, he went to take a nap because he doesn't care about the Jets anymore. My guitarist Mike-had no idea that Aaron Rodgers was even a Jet when last we spoke-another lifelong fan who could care less. So much of this has happened since woody Johnson took over.  Think of the guys who were here for all those years who never post anymore. Only the Jets, and I have to tell you, I feel myself getting close too.

32 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Same my friend ... My late wife (who passed at 47) was converted to a Jets fan at 23 and never got to see greatness (we have our thoughts about the Rex years). Others than are no longer here that held true with hope in vane ... I thought that these two Rodgers years would be a respite ... ah well ... But you know what ... The passion of the fans .. guys on both sides of the ZW fence is what makes it a worthwhile past time... For the most part ... Good peeps.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Crazy. I hadn't seen these posts, and literally wrote this in another thread talking to Voice;

I love the way our D plays when they aren't getting called for nonsense penalties... which leads directly to my next point.

The game is different than the one we grew up watching. It is now designed for offenses to score, the entire field is tilted towards Offense. The teams that "get all the calls" aren't the ones that are defensively focused. The rules favor offense and scoring, and the high level QBs get protected. 

The Offensive performances the Jets have given us over the past few years have been mostly putrid, and I do not see it improving any time soon. I wouldn't put Rodgers behind that line unless we transplanted his brain into a body the size of Roethlisbergers that has the Athletic ability of Lamar Jackson.

Yes, the D is excellent. The Jets ST's have been ELITE this year, best in the league imo.

But in a league built for scoring and high performing offense, that's not going to be enough anymore.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 50s. I'm getting tired of waiting. Missed getting to watch a Jets appearance im the SB with my Father, wouldn't mind seeing the Jets get it together so I could watch them in one with my boys. 

So I guess I'm a bit ornery and impatient watching the same stuff over and over again. We've been here before, a subpar QB with an elite Defense. And when I was sitting in the Sports Bar aboard the Independence of the Seas with my wife and kids and watched Aaron Rodgers go down 4 plays into the season, I saw our window get slammed closed again. 

But hey, we'll get em next year.... right? 😆 

• Upvote 4

Wilson is a bum for not scoring tds and not getting into  endzone!!!  Forget all that other stuff we want tangible results!

Also Quinnen and John Franklin Myers are elite for pressures and pass rush win rates via pff!  They may not get any sacks but their almost doing something is elite!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

That has Zero to do with Woody & EVERYTHING To Do With … 😉👍

image.thumb.png.b214d1f9db26c09977b4519853947531.png