Play like a Jet video: Zach was better than the box score

LIJetsFan

No other team has lost lifetime fans like the Jets Dunnie. My best friend growing up was Steve and we played football baseball and basketball together all our lives. We would get together and watch and listen (when they were home) to every Jets game and Sunday I texted him and asked if he was going to be watching the game and he was and then poof he was gone, he went to take a nap because he doesn't care about the Jets anymore. My guitarist Mike-had no idea that Aaron Rodgers was even a Jet when last we spoke-another lifelong fan who could care less. So much of this has happened since woody Johnson took over.  Think of the guys who were here for all those years who never post anymore. Only the Jets, and I have to tell you, I feel myself getting close too.
Just go for it

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

No other team has lost lifetime fans like the Jets Dunnie. My best friend growing up was Steve and we played football baseball and basketball together all our lives. We would get together and watch and listen (when they were home) to every Jets game and Sunday I texted him and asked if he was going to be watching the game and he was and then poof he was gone, he went to take a nap because he doesn't care about the Jets anymore. My guitarist Mike-had no idea that Aaron Rodgers was even a Jet when last we spoke-another lifelong fan who could care less. So much of this has happened since woody Johnson took over.  Think of the guys who were here for all those years who never post anymore. Only the Jets, and I have to tell you, I feel myself getting close too.

What about Lance, the guy who played the skin-flute in your band?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jets Things said:

What about Lance, the guy who played the skin-flute in your band?

what are you talking about? Man the people on this board are relentless, how does this thought or attempt at trying to be funny have anything to do with the topic at hand? It's just so easy to be a complete and total dickhead to each other when hiding behind the anonymity of a screenname 

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Steve and Mike are quitters who wont be allowed to celebrate the rise of Rodgers and the run to Super Bowl champs.  Pick better friends.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jethead said:

On the other hand, the Jets are 4-3. The players are young, talented and passionate with good chemistry and several great personalities.

I'm having fun rooting for my favorite team. No nattering nabobs of negativity are going to spoil it for me.

If you realize ZW doesn’t matter at all, it’s a lot easier to stomach. He’ll never start another game for the Jets once Aaron Rodgers returns. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

what are you talking about? Man the people on this board are relentless, how does this thought or attempt at trying to be funny have anything to do with the topic at hand? It's just so easy to be a complete and total dickhead to each other when hiding behind the anonymity of a screenname 

You mentioned "My guitarist - Mike" How is anyone able to interpret that other than you were in a band. "Mike and the Swallowers." I'm sure you guys pulled off some sick Oasis covers. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are both good posters and as most know I consider Warfish a friend I’ve known for over a couple decades. But anyone who still roots for these Jets and comes to this board daily 100% has a mental defect. This is basically a large circle of folding chairs in the back of the community center and our screen names take care of the introductions so we don’t have to say who we are each time we speak.  I’m proud of both of you for opening up. 

I remember when on this board we all pretty much liked each other, and knew a little bit about each other. When we had respect FOR each other but the empty folding chairs with names taped on the back tells us nothing about who it is that finds it so easy to make disparaging comments about other posters. One of these days Phil is gonna say screw this and shut the place down because of the way so many of the folding chairs simply ignore what he asks of us. There are a lot of unhappy people walking around, hiding behind screen names. I come here for the same reason I always came here for: to talk Jets football. I never act like a jerk to my fellow Jets fans unless I get attacked personally for what I wrote.

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Heart of iron, ribs of straw.

I'd like to see how any human on this planet could have withstood that dirty and purposeful hit by Milano the dirtiest player in the game whose karma caught up with him this year

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I remember when on this board we all pretty much liked each other, and knew a little bit about each other. When we had respect FOR each other but the empty folding chairs with names taped on the back tells us nothing about who it is that finds it so easy to make disparaging comments about other posters. One of these days Phil is gonna say screw this and shut the place down because of the way so many of the folding chairs simply ignore what he asks of us. There are a lot of unhappy people walking around, hiding behind screen names. I come here for the same reason I always came here for: to talk Jets football. I never act like a jerk to my fellow Jets fans unless I get attacked personally for what I wrote.

My name is Matt. I live in Garden City, NY. I'm 44 and have a wife, four kids (two girls, two boys) and a five month old standard poodle. His name is Cooper. Let me know if you're ever in the area and I'll buy you a beer or ten. 

• Upvote 2

I watched this video and yeah, Zach made some good plays, handled the pressure well at times and had some let downs by his teammates, just like they were let down by him, and just like how he was a bonehead who in 99.999999% of time, lost the game by holding the ball too long w/ the clock winding down, let alone the inability game after game to score points...but do we all understand we're grading this on a curve, right?  Like, nobody else in the NFL has these videos where the narrator is celebrating the QB climbing the pocket and find an opening receiver.  lol  This is expected but w/ Zach its like, omg, did you see this?  lol

....and did anyone notice on the play to force OT, that we're celebrating Zac's pass to Lazard to spike the ball and tie the game....that Ruckert had an easy untouched game over walk off TD wide open up the sideline?  So we're celebrating Zach making the wrong read and getting lucky after essentially taking 2 sacks to put the nail in the coffin in the game.  lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

My name is Matt. I live in Garden City, NY. I'm 44 and have a wife, four kids (two girls, two boys) and a five month old standard poodle. His name is Cooper. Let me know if you're ever in the area and I'll buy you a beer or ten. 

No thanks Matt, I haven't had a drink since 17 days after I joined JetNation: Jimmy 1 wife of 41 years 3 kids and 15 grandchildren and Rosalie Elizabeth is our latest, born last Wednesday. Oh yea, and I am old enough to have watched Super Bowl 3 over my cousin Anthony's house when we were both in the 8th grade

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I watched this video and yeah, Zach made some good plays, handled the pressure well at times and had some let downs by his teammates, just like they were let down by him, and just like how he was a bonehead who in 99.999999% of time, lost the game by holding the ball too long w/ the clock winding down, let alone the inability game after game to score points...but do we all understand we're grading this on a curve, right?  Like, nobody else in the NFL has these videos where the narrator is celebrating the QB climbing the pocket and find an opening receiver.  lol  This is expected but w/ Zach its like, omg, did you see this?  lol

....and did anyone notice on the play to force OT, that we're celebrating Zac's pass to Lazard to spike the ball and tie the game....that Ruckert had an easy untouched game over walk off TD wide open up the sideline?  So we're celebrating Zach making the wrong read and getting lucky after essentially taking 2 sacks to put the nail in the coffin in the game.  lmfao

whats confusing @FidelioJet want to argue about a pass again so you can quit the board?  That was fun, happy to do it again.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Steve and Mike are quitters who wont be allowed to celebrate the rise of Rodgers and the run to Super Bowl champs.  Pick better friends.

Impossible, they are also my two blood brothers my only blood brothers. How many true friends of 63 and 51 years who nary a cross word has ever been said between us do you currently have JiF?

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

1C06C93D-362E-48D2-8A12-BB55155EADA1.gif

21 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

hmmmm is the name of your street the name of an english town?????

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Impossible, they are also my two blood brothers my only blood brothers. How many true friends of 63 and 51 years who nary a cross word has ever been said between us do you currently have JiF?

I have a crossword puzzle app on my iphone if that's what your asking? 

36 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

You mentioned "My guitarist - Mike" How is anyone able to interpret that other than you were in a band. "Mike and the Swallowers." I'm sure you guys pulled off some sick Oasis covers. 

Shut up, Wonderwall is a masterpiece. Listening to that, rubbing lavender oil on my temples and sipping chamomile tea helps me digest!! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I can't decide if the daily Zach discussion is better than the Rodgers is washed discussion we would be having if he hadn't gotten injured.  There's been some games where he would have gotten sacked likely 8-10 times.  Not to say we wouldn't be better with Rodgers, only that I don't think it would look anything like MVP Rodgers and knowing this fan base there would be plenty of groaning about results and stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I can't decide if the daily Zach discussion is better than the Rodgers is washed discussion we would be having if he hadn't gotten injured.  There's been some games where he would have gotten sacked likely 8-10 times.  Not to say we wouldn't be better with Rodgers, only that I don't think it would look anything like MVP Rodgers and knowing this fan base there would be plenty of groaning about results and stats.

Zach Wilson sack %, career:  9.6 %

Joe Flacco/Mike White/Josh Johnson sack %, 2020-21:  Under 5 %

The OL isn't great, but the sacks taken are a Zach problem, not an OL problem.  He's taken 3+ sacks a game for his career, and the overwhelming majority of them occurred because he held onto the ball too long.  He's top 6 in the league in time to throw and t-15th for pocket time this season.  There's a reason sacks taken are a QB stat, not an OL stat.  Most are preventable.  Get.  Rid.  Of.  The.  Ball.

This wouldn't have been a Rodgers issue once he got settled in with the offense.  We know this because it wasn't a huge issue for the unathletic statues we've thrown under center with this OL.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The OL isn't great, but the sacks taken are a Zach problem, not an OL problem.  He's taken 3+ sacks a game for his career, and the overwhelming majority of them occurred because he held onto the ball too long.  He's top 6 in the league in time to throw and t-15th for pocket time this season.  There's a reason sacks taken are a QB stat, not an OL stat.  Most are preventable.  Get.  Rid.  Of.  The.  Ball.

This wouldn't have been a Rodgers issue once he got settled in with the offense.  We know this because it wasn't a huge issue for the unathletic statues we've thrown under center with this OL.

We'll never know because 4 plays in Rodgers held on to the ball too long and took a sack.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Another great reason why they should be rolling Wilson out more.  He needs to simplify the reads

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

We'll never know because 4 plays in Rodgers held on to the ball too long and took a sack.

Riiiight, we'll never know, despite me just explaining to you how it wasn't a major issue for Flacco, White, or Josh Johnson.  🙄

You were the one who invented an argument based on a hypothetical premise - that Rodgers would have taken a bunch of sacks.  You don't get to turn around right after and say "well we'll never know!" now.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I watched it, thought it was an excellent piece of analysis, and was going to post how our QB was failed by many of his teammates on Sunday.

Without trying to justify, rationalize, or attack anyone for their opinions. 

Hmm, maybe I'm onto something here....

can't say it was an excellent piece of analysis but it did show how really good those dropped throws were.  the sacks were bad as was the fumble but zach has been blasted for not throwing the ball where the receivers can catch it.  to me it sure looked like the dropped balls were right in the hands of the receivers.

• Sympathy 1