Play like a Jet video: Zach was better than the box score

LIJetsFan

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

All that’s really missing from these games are a few more touchdowns.  If they could convert in the red zone some of this hate would go away.  But when you’re always settling for fgs….

A few touchdowns, ten more completions, 45% more awareness, some leadership and ability. 100% breaking historical trends in his play. But yes, right there

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rolling out more wouldn't make things any better.  It would just cut the field in half more often, making it more likely he'll throw picks.  He needs to be able to see the field and make a decision quicker.  Not hold the ball forever.  But we know he won't, because he's a slow processor.

There’s nobody open nitwit

WATCH THE TAPE KID

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:08 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Crazy. I hadn't seen these posts, and literally wrote this in another thread talking to Voice;

I love the way our D plays when they aren't getting called for nonsense penalties... which leads directly to my next point.

The game is different than the one we grew up watching. It is now designed for offenses to score, the entire field is tilted towards Offense. The teams that "get all the calls" aren't the ones that are defensively focused. The rules favor offense and scoring, and the high level QBs get protected. 

The Offensive performances the Jets have given us over the past few years have been mostly putrid, and I do not see it improving any time soon. I wouldn't put Rodgers behind that line unless we transplanted his brain into a body the size of Roethlisbergers that has the Athletic ability of Lamar Jackson.

Yes, the D is excellent. The Jets ST's have been ELITE this year, best in the league imo.

But in a league built for scoring and high performing offense, that's not going to be enough anymore.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 50s. I'm getting tired of waiting. Missed getting to watch a Jets appearance im the SB with my Father, wouldn't mind seeing the Jets get it together so I could watch them in one with my boys. 

So I guess I'm a bit ornery and impatient watching the same stuff over and over again. We've been here before, a subpar QB with an elite Defense. And when I was sitting in the Sports Bar aboard the Independence of the Seas with my wife and kids and watched Aaron Rodgers go down 4 plays into the season, I saw our window get slammed closed again. 

But hey, we'll get em next year.... right? 😆 

The not getting to watch the jets in a sb with your dad got me… I’m 35, so I haven’t seen them in the Super Bowl at all. My father and I watch (and scream at) every game together. He will be in his 70s soon. And I can tell you, as a passionate sports fan… not seeing the jets in, and win a Super Bowl with my father would be devastating. 
hope you can get one with your boys. My son is 3 months. He watched his first game last Sunday since it was early. He’s 1-0… that’s as good as it’s ever going to be kid hahaha

• Upvote 2

On 11/2/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson sack %, career:  9.6 %

Joe Flacco/Mike White/Josh Johnson sack %, 2020-21:  Under 5 %

The OL isn't great, but the sacks taken are a Zach problem, not an OL problem.  He's taken 3+ sacks a game for his career, and the overwhelming majority of them occurred because he held onto the ball too long.  He's top 6 in the league in time to throw and t-15th for pocket time this season.  There's a reason sacks taken are a QB stat, not an OL stat.  Most are preventable.  Get.  Rid.  Of.  The.  Ball.

This wouldn't have been a Rodgers issue once he got settled in with the offense.  We know this because it wasn't a huge issue for the unathletic statues we've thrown under center with this OL.

this guy comparing different years and different teams again

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

On 11/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm rooting for Zach.  

Imo, the best thing for this team is for him to reach his ceiling.  No more 40 year old brittle players, no more searching the draft, 3-4 years development just to start over again.

All Zach needs to do to shut up his critics is: produce touchdowns.

I don't need him to throw for 2-4 every week, but I do need the team to score 2-4.  

Quit kicking field goals and get the ball in the end zone.

It's his absolute last critique from the batch of non-believers.

Although I'm sure they'll find the next non-perfect thing to bitch about.  

you got goofs in here scouring the numbers to bring up sack rate from a different system different coordinator and different group of players

🤭

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Every thread devolves into name calling. .. it is astounding ... If people see a thread they don't agree with .. can't they just post the reasons they disagree ?

The bickering is so ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm telling you Dunnie-these are the "new Jets fans" the ones who hadn't seen a Jets game before Wilson arrived on the scene. Because I'm telling you, go to Jake Asman's YouTube site, subscribe and watch how we interact with each other during the chat. There's a lot of love among the brotherhood between us true fans compared to the NITWITS who have shown up since let's say September 2021...

• Upvote 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

I'm telling you Donnie-these are the "new Jets fans" they hadn't seen a Jets game before Wilson. Because I'm telling you, go to Jake Asman's YouTube site, subscribe and watch how we interact with each other during the chat. There's a lot of love between us true fans compared to the NITWITS who have shown up since let's say September 2021...

Marty Deeks Facts GIF by ION

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

100% necessary. If someone is being a complete and utter nitwit, its your human duty to point it out to them, so they can develop enough awareness to be less nitwitty 

Spoken like a true 2021-er who comes here to tell us all how we should interact with people we have come to know and treat with the proper respect that they deserve to be treated with. A lot of us here actually know each other, care about what we have gone through as fans, and in our personal lives-who are? No one knows WTF you are, and with comments like this, you ain't gonna be making too many friends here either.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Spoken like a true 2021-er who comes here to tell us all how we should interact with people we have come to know and treat with the proper respect that they deserve to be treated with. A lot of us here actually know each other, care about what we have gone through as fans, and in our personal lives-who are? No one knows WTF you are, and with comments like this, you ain't gonna be making too many friends here either.

I dont know what a 2021'er is, take a joke, it was a joke, breathe deep, life is short, and with so much anger as you seem to have, you risk a heart attack. Go get some baby asprin and some CoQ12, I say that becuase I care about you and what you are going through.

25 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I dont know what a 2021'er is, take a joke, it was a joke, breathe deep, life is short, and with so much anger as you seem to have, you risk a heart attack. Go get some baby asprin and some CoQ12, I say that becuase I care about you and what you are going through.

what I mean by a 2021-er is this: when I read posts from people who have a tendency to want to tell us how we should react or simply call people names or insult them I click on their name to see if they came here after TWJQBinH got here or not, and guess what you did

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

what I mean by a 2021-er is this: when I read posts from people who have a tendency to want to tell us how we should react or simply call people names or insult them I click on their name to see if they came here after TWJQBinH got here or not, and guess what you did

lighten up francis, this baord is full of people telling people how we should react. YOu think the ZW hating crew isnt telling everyone who doesnt hate ZW how bad he sucks and what an idiot anyone who doesnt see it htere way is? Take a deep breath, I am a 2023'er, not srue what that is, but Im sure its better than a 2021'er

On 11/1/2023 at 7:54 PM, LIJetsFan said:

I'm really getting sick of the Zach Wilson crap. I don't give a damn about one game ITS NOT ABOUT ONE GAME !!!!! I see Rookie QB's come into this league and have success right off the bat then I've been watching Zach for 3 years and YES while there has been some improvement the improvement is in areas that do not link up with the score board. I'm also sick of sitting down to watch the same garbage offense where the QB can not move the team. There are obvious problems and we cant keep hoping this team will pull off miracle victories in the 4th quarter every week because our QB can not move the offense or convert a 3rd down.

Zach has all the talent in the world but he just does not have a feel for the game and if you don't have that after 3 years while some college QB's are doing it on day one I'm not sure anything will ever change. Its time to move the offense, convert some third downs, and score some damn points and not because your defense and Punter put you in good field position to score. I want to see some damn sustained drives like the other QB's who played for this team were easily capable of doing. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm really getting sick of the Zach Wilson crap. I don't give a damn about one game ITS NOT ABOUT ONE GAME !!!!! I see Rookie QB's come into this league and have success right off the bat then I've been watching Zach for 3 years and YES while there has been some improvement the improvement is in areas that do not link up with the score board. I'm also sick of sitting down to watch the same garbage offense where the QB can not move the team. There are obvious problems and we cant keep hoping this team will pull off miracle victories in the 4th quarter every week because our QB can not move the offense or convert a 3rd down.

Zach has all the talent in the world but he just does not have a feel for the game and if you don't have that after 3 years while some college QB's are doing it on day one I'm not sure anything will ever change. Its time to move the offense, convert some third downs, and score some damn points and not because your defense and Punter put you in good field position to score. I want to see some damn sustained drives like the other QB's who played for this team were easily capable of doing. 

Preach on brother, now make 794 posts about how bad Saleh is for playing the QB you no longer want to see, instead of about the backup QB? k?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I honestly cannot believe the Jets have duped some of you into this confirmation bias loop you’re in.

When the argument is one guy telling another that he should be excited about the hidden promise after three years, we have all lost.

This was a completion.   I don’t know how you don’t see promise and hope more of the good plays build up.   That was tough conditions for a QB on Sunday.  

(Side note: it doesn’t sound fun to dislocate a knee cap) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

100% necessary. If someone is being a complete and utter nitwit, its your human duty to point it out to them, so they can develop enough awareness to be less nitwitty 

No its not your job to point out to people who your opinion differs with and call them Nit Wits so stop doing it and maybe you gain a little respect for an opinion. At the rate your going you wont be around here long if you don't change the attitude that only you can be right about this topic and everyone else is a nit wit . 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

No its not your job to point out to people who your opinion differs with and call them Nit Wits so stop doing it and maybe you gain a little respect for an opinion. At the rate your going you wont be around here long if you don't change the attitude that only you can be right about this topic and everyone else is a nit wit . 

when people stop being dumb dumbs, I will stop calling them nit wit. This place needs me a lot more than I need it, trust me on that, its an echo-chamber of f'ng stupidity for the most part, I am fine leaving

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

when people stop being dumb dumbs, I will stop calling them nit wit. This place needs me a lot more than I need it, trust me on that, its an echo-chamber of f'ng stupidity for the most part, I am fine leaving

Frank that's not the way it works here sorry. Getting heated once in a while can be understandable but you can't consistently do it and gain any respect . okay ?

• Upvote 2