Jump to content

Play like a Jet video: Zach was better than the box score


LIJetsFan

Recommended Posts

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Frank that's not the way it works here sorry. Getting heated once in a while can be understandable but you can't consistently do it and gain any respect . okay ?

who says Im heated? I type every post with a smile ear 2 ear! And what makes you think I want respect here? People who are smart enough give me respect, the rest, I don't honestly care about

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm really getting sick of the Zach Wilson crap. I don't give a damn about one game ITS NOT ABOUT ONE GAME !!!!! I see Rookie QB's come into this league and have success right off the bat then I've been watching Zach for 3 years and YES while there has been some improvement the improvement is in areas that do not link up with the score board. I'm also sick of sitting down to watch the same garbage offense where the QB can not move the team. There are obvious problems and we cant keep hoping this team will pull off miracle victories in the 4th quarter every week because our QB can not move the offense or convert a 3rd down.

Zach has all the talent in the world but he just does not have a feel for the game and if you don't have that after 3 years while some college QB's are doing it on day one I'm not sure anything will ever change. Its time to move the offense, convert some third downs, and score some damn points and not because your defense and Punter put you in good field position to score. I want to see some damn sustained drives like the other QB's who played for this team were easily capable of doing. 

They’re not even doing “one game,” Smash. They’re down to highlighting four snaps from these games where Wilson completes a pass that 99.9% of NFL QBs and most punters could complete. Ooooooh look at Zach hit this high school dig route against sideline prevent coverage where his OL picked everyone up. Much improoooovement. Let’s ignore the fact that he’s the worst statistical QB other than Cleveland’s third stringer, but only nitwits care about such silly things.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hal said:

This was a completion.   I don’t know how you don’t see promise and hope more of the good plays build up.   That was tough conditions for a QB on Sunday.  
 

(Side note: it doesn’t sound fun to dislocate a knee cap) 

Every QB in the history of this game has made a great PLAY the problem is consistency and stringing together a bunch of ordinary plays to move a football team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They’re not even doing “one game,” Smash. They’re down to highlighting four snaps from these games where Wilson completes a pass that 99.9% of NFL QBs and most punters could complete. Ooooooh look at Zach hit this high school dig route against sideline prevent coverage where his OL picked everyone up. Much improoooovement. Let’s ignore the fact that he’s the worst statistical QB other than Cleveland’s third stringer, but only nitwits care about such silly things.

I agree but I figured all of that was common knowledge but with some unfortunately it's not

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They’re not even doing “one game,” Smash. They’re down to highlighting four snaps from these games where Wilson completes a pass that 99.9% of NFL QBs and most punters could complete. Ooooooh look at Zach hit this high school dig route against sideline prevent coverage where his OL picked everyone up. Much improoooovement. Let’s ignore the fact that he’s the worst statistical QB other than Cleveland’s third stringer, but only nitwits care about such silly things.

Mr T0m, with all due respect, you spent the entire draft yelling about  how ZW was too white and too from Utah for Jets to draft him, you probably have to excuse yourself from opinions on the matter of ZW, its impossible to be objective for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Every QB in the history of this game has made a great PLAY the problem is consistency and stringing together a bunch of ordinary plays to move a football team.

Smash: Mike White showed how awesome this offense is without ZW! ZW sucks balls, 32, 32, 32, the offense is not the problem, Mike White was great in this offense

Mike White: 8TD's 12 Int's with a gem in between

Smash: Its about consistency, not about a good game or a good few plays

LOL smash, do you even believe the crap you post anymore? JF80 is in you brother

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Frank that's not the way it works here sorry. Getting heated once in a while can be understandable but you can't consistently do it and gain any respect . okay ?

Yeah that’s not how the game is played.  
 

you get overly heated once a month or so and usually keep it in check and have fun.
 

And pretend you never got overly heated after.  that’s a key part of gameplay.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Mr T0m, with all due respect, you spent the entire draft yelling about  how ZW was too white and too from Utah for Jets to draft him, you probably have to excuse yourself from opinions on the matter of ZW, its impossible to be objective for you

His suckness translates beyond all demographic and geographic cross sections.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Every QB in the history of this game has made a great PLAY the problem is consistency and stringing together a bunch of ordinary plays to move a football team.

Weren't there an ungodly number of pressures on Zach that game?  Not many QB's would have done much better under those circumstances:  pressures, rain/wind, drops.  

Prior to this Zach had 3 ok games in a  row.  Games showing he is finally learning how to play the position.  I'm giving him a pass on the Giants game because as sited above plus because, well.....we won!

PS: Blame JD is you like but please keep in mind Zach is the backup QB.  So, is Zach starter quality no but he is learning baby step by baby step.  Now it's on to the Chargers!       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hal said:

Yeah that’s not how the game is played.  
 

you get overly heated once a month or so and usually keep it in check and have fun.
 

And pretend you never got overly heated after.  that’s a key part of gameplay.  

I've battled it out with many posters on this site. The key is when that debate ends its a new day and completely forgotten at least it is in my case. We come here to have fun, not stress out to the point we attack each other. And like I said I'm just as guilty of calling people names on this site but I do not consistently do it or you do lose respect.

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Weren't there an ungodly number of pressures on Zach that game?  Not many QB's would have done much better under those circumstances:  pressures, rain/wind, drops.  

Prior to this Zach had 3 ok games in a  row.  Games showing he is finally learning how to play the position.  I'm giving him a pass on the Giants game because as sited above plus because, well.....we won!

PS: Blame JD is you like but please keep in mind Zach is the backup QB.  So, is Zach starter quality no but he is learning baby step by baby step.  Now it's on to the Chargers!       

LI I hear you loud and clear Zach is the Back up but this team could have replaced him and chose not too. The simple fact they signed Trevor Siemen tells that tail because he's really nothing special. While a 30 year old QB in Carson Wentz sits on his couch. 

My issue with Zach is its always about "one game" at what point does this kid go out and truly light it up ? We have still yet to see a truly big game out of this kid and I'm not sure we ever will. Some is on the coaching obviously but it almost seems at times they are being told to play Zach and have to come up with ways not to lose and that's why they reel him in rather than just let him sling it.

What's Maddening is this is year three of the same exact problem

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm telling you Dunnie-these are the "new Jets fans" the ones who hadn't seen a Jets game before Wilson arrived on the scene. Because I'm telling you, go to Jake Asman's YouTube site, subscribe and watch how we interact with each other during the chat. There's a lot of love among the brotherhood between us true fans compared to the NITWITS who have shown up since let's say September 2021...
For us people who have seen Jets game prior to 2021,what exactly did we see? sh*tty QB play from guys not named Wilson? When the highest rated passer in the past 23 years is Josh McCown then you know the team has problems with the QB position
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I've battled it out with many posters on this site. The key is when that debate ends its a new day and completely forgotten at least it is in my case. We come here to have fun, not stress out to the point we attack each other. And like I said I'm just as guilty of calling people names on this site but I do not consistently do it or you do lose respect.

Back during the JI days I used to argue back when posters would say negative stuff.

I just honestly don’t care and if I make a point and people get out of line, I might rebuttal back not emotionally. Not worth it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Hal said:

This was a completion.   I don’t know how you don’t see promise and hope more of the good plays build up.   That was tough conditions for a QB on Sunday.  
 

(Side note: it doesn’t sound fun to dislocate a knee cap) 

Like I said, confirmation bias. 

I obviously hope he’ll get better. I don’t, however, need to cherry-pick examples to dress up as evidence that he has gotten better. He’s in tear 3 as a pro, there should be tape of him doing good things here and there. It doesn’t make him any less of a disappointment.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Like I said, confirmation bias. 
I obviously hope he’ll get better. I don’t, however, need to cherry-pick examples to dress up as evidence that he has gotten better. He’s in tear 3 as a pro, there should be tape of him doing good things here and there. It doesn’t make him any less of a disappointment.
 


I know that was a typo but it is very apropos considering his play. It brings most people to tears
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Like I said, confirmation bias. 

I obviously hope he’ll get better. I don’t, however, need to cherry-pick examples to dress up as evidence that he has gotten better. He’s in tear 3 as a pro, there should be tape of him doing good things here and there. It doesn’t make him any less of a disappointment.

 

Unrealistic expectations.  
 

Zach got hit on the bomb that was flagged to set up the winner or that’s a long TD.  He drops that ended drives.  
 

Hard not to see in the rain he could have had an effective competition percentage over 60%, 300+, 2TDs 0ints.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hal said:

Unrealistic expectations.  
 

Zach got hit on the bomb that was flagged to set up the winner or that’s a long TD.  He drops that ended drives.  
 

Hard not to see in the rain he could have had an effective competition percentage over 60%, 300+, 2TDs 0ints.  

How is it an unrealistic expectation that our 3rd year quarterback be better than “showing promise”. He’s not my 6-year old figuring out how to read, he’s a professional athlete drafted #2 overall making millions of dollars, while a billion-dollar enterprise invests in all the resources they can for him to be successful.

… and your counter argument is to show me he completed a pass?

Do not pin your argument to hypothetical outcomes that could have happened if not for what actually happened. It’s intellectually dishonest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

How is it an unrealistic expectation that our 3rd year quarterback be better than “showing promise”. He’s not my 6-year old figuring out how to read, he’s a professional athlete drafted #2 overall making millions of dollars, while a billion-dollar enterprise invests in all the resources they can for him to be successful.

… and your counter argument is to show me he completed a pass?

Do not pin your argument to hypothetical outcomes that could have happened if not for what actually happened. It’s intellectually dishonest.

It showed the OLIne was getting blown up right up the middle every play.   That is not ideal QB conditions.  Too many drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HEY GUYS STOP WITH THE UNDERTONE!!

NO SEMI PERSONAL ATTACKS!

Ive been wrong so many tomes about the Jets I can’t even count!  Im still waiting for Brooks Bollinger to be turned into an NFL SUPERSTAR!!

Ok Im kidding with that one!!!!!!!
 

But you get the point……

i just ask??????

image.gif

We are ALL Jets fans!

Now lets all continue to direct our venom at fans of other NFL teams and our few annoying family members who deserve it… 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:
The alternative reality Jets games you guys watch must be so exciting. 

Who's "you guys?" Hal made that claim.

So crazy. @T0mShane it’s true.     What a wild claim.  
 

Don’t hit him on the last throw and a couple less drops.   Don’t count the clocking the ball and throw aways (that’s what effective means).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...