Garrett Wilson - Fastest Jet to 100 receptions

jetsons

Like White would have lasted an entire season. The guy's shelf life is 2 and a half games.
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This guy is open on like every frickin play. The window might close soon because its the NFL and the window might be small, but the guy is open. He'd be top 5 in the league in yards with a legit QB throwing him the ball. Similar to Chad Johnson, but Chad had a good QB like Carson Palmer.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Zach for Garrett not having top 5 production. GWs efficiency has NOT been good this year.

Zach is only completing 57% of his passes when targeting Garrett which is terrible. A true #1 WR will have a success rate in the high 60s or 70s. 

31% of Zach’s passes have gone to GW. He gets more % of his teams targets than AJ Brown so not sure what people could complain about. If anything I think ZW targets Garrett too much as he’s more successful throwing to the rest of team. 

GW is a really good receiver, but I don’t think he’s truly one of the elite. Reminds me a lot of Devonta Smith who benefits greatly from playing next to an elite guy. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Zach.....

A regular theme here on JN.

Zach is only completing 57% of his passes when targeting Garrett which is terrible. A true #1 WR will have a success rate in the high 60s or 70s.

And a true starting QB will have a completion percentage of 65% or higher. 

Zach is 2nd worst in the NFL at 58%.

Zach also has the lowest passing success rate (35.3%) in the NFL right now.

31% of Zach’s passes have gone to GW. He gets more % of his teams targets than AJ Brown so not sure what people could complain about.

Perhaps part of the problem is Zach focusses to much and too obviously on one receiver on most pass plays, and is often a one-read-only QB.

If anything I think ZW targets Garrett too much as he’s more successful throwing to the rest of team.

Hmmm, wonder why that might be......

GW is a really good receiver, but I don’t think he’s truly one of the elite. Reminds me a lot of Devonta Smith who benefits greatly from playing next to an elite guy. 

Because if he were elite, and still underperforming, then oh look, we're back to "it's unfair to blame Zach" being your starting point.

TLDR:  It's Zach.  With a legitimate QB, G. Wilson is in fact an elite WR in this league.  Put him on the Phins, for example, and they don't skip a beat.

It's sad how many of our players people are willing to throw under the bus to protect their fragile positivity about Zach Wilson.  SMH.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Like White would have lasted an entire season. The guy's shelf life is 2 and a half games.

That's not the point or the takeaway, brother.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

A regular theme here on JN.

And a true starting QB will have a completion percentage of 65% or higher. 

Zach is 2nd worst in the NFL at 58%.

Zach also has the lowest passing success rate (35.3%) in the NFL right now.

Perhaps part of the problem is Zach focusses to much and too obviously on one receiver on most pass plays, and is often a one-read-only QB.

Hmmm, wonder why that might be......

Because if he were elite, and still underperforming, then oh look, we're back to "it's unfair to blame Zach" being your starting point.

TLDR:  It's Zach.  With a legitimate QB, G. Wilson is in fact an elite WR in this league.  Put him on the Phins, for example, and they don't skip a beat.

It's sad how many of our players people are willing to throw under the bus to protect their fragile positivity about Zach Wilson.  SMH.

If Zach had better WR and OL and play calling his success rates would be higher. 

I watch the All 22s from YouTube analysts. Zach is a really good player. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Zach for Garrett not having top 5 production. GWs efficiency has NOT been good this year.

31% of Zach’s passes have gone to GW. He gets more % of his teams targets than AJ Brown so not sure what people could complain about. If anything I think ZW targets Garrett too much as he’s more successful throwing to the rest of team. 

of course its Zachs fault. he the guy throwing it to him and he has been ranked 30th or worst in almost every QB stat.

Zach is completing 58% this year. why should it be any higher % to GW.?

your right that he targets GW too much. i know it, you know it, and so does the entire NFL. he sits on his 1st or 2nd read and GW is always one of them. why do you think you see so many passes to GW with someone glued to his back. 

you got to stop listening to some Australian guy telling you that those incomplete passes to well covered guys are good and makes Zach good. or these "stats dont matter" guys. stats do matter. no QB ranked 30th or higher has or will ever get to a SB or even playoffs. but here at JN we have 5 or 6 guys that if the season ended today would want Zach as the QB when Rodgers retires. thats insane.

next year with Rodgers your going to see how elite he really is. and if they bring back Zach to replace Rodgers you can say goodbye to that Elite WR cause he will leave to play with a real QB. if thats the plan they should trade him after Rodgers retires for a couple of #1s instead of losing him for nothing.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

of course its Zachs fault. he the guy throwing it to him and he has been ranked 30th or worst in almost every QB stat.

Zach is completing 58% this year. why should it be any higher % to GW.?

your right that he targets GW too much. i know it, you know it, and so does the entire NFL. he sits on his 1st or 2nd read and GW is always one of them. why do you think you see so many passes to GW with someone glued to his back. 

you got to stop listening to some Australian guy telling you that those incomplete passes to well covered guys are good and makes Zach good. or these "stats dont matter" guys. stats do matter. no QB ranked 30th or higher has or will ever get to a SB or even playoffs. but here at JN we have 5 or 6 guys that if the season ended today would want Zach as the QB when Rodgers retires. thats insane.

next year with Rodgers your going to see how elite he really is. and if they bring back Zach to replace Rodgers you can say goodbye to that Elite WR cause he will leave to play with a real QB. if thats the plan they should trade him after Rodgers retires for a couple of #1s instead of losing him for nothing.

Yea-the Australian guy knows more football than you. Just because he is Australian doesn’t mean he’s producing propaganda. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

He’s special. Everything I hoped he’d be.

Now he just needs a special WR2 to be his parter the next 10 years here.

really hope they make that happen this draft class. Think a legit second receiver would really open up the offense, there’s a couple stylistic things they could do that would fit alongside GW, and this looks like a nice receiver group coming out.

Part of me believes that adding one more legit offensive weapon to GW and Hall does more for the offense than anything besides a franchise QB. I think going from two skill players who can create on their own (when’s the last time the Jets had two guys who fit that criteria?) to three would make a huge difference. Better spacing and more opportunities to get points without grinding down the field.

Layer in league average or better QB play if Rodgers comes back and, build a pipeline on the OL, and be opportunistic looking for explosiveness out of the backfield to complement Hall (wanted Achane last year - cheapest way to chase big plays on offense).

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

Yea-the Australian guy knows more football than you. Just because he is Australian doesn’t mean he’s producing propaganda. 

i dont care where he is from, but he is not objective. Zach has been bad for 3 years and hes been finding ways to defend him for all that time.

yes we have seen his videos for quite some time now. he is a favorite of Zach supporters for years.

he might know Xs and Os but he dont know football if he keeps saying that stats dont matter. which is everytime Zach has a bad statiscal game which is quit often. the top 10 QBs in STATS make the playoffs almost every year and the bottom 10 in STATS dont, but stats dont matter.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

These guys don’t know the sport they just look at the box score

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

really hope they make that happen this draft class. Think a legit second receiver would really open up the offense, there’s a couple stylistic things they could do that would fit alongside GW, and this looks like a nice receiver group coming out.

Part of me believes that adding one more legit offensive weapon to GW and Hall does more for the offense than anything besides a franchise QB. I think going from two skill players who can create on their own (when’s the last time the Jets had two guys who fit that criteria?) to three would make a huge difference. Better spacing and more opportunities to get points without grinding down the field.

Layer in league average or better QB play if Rodgers comes back and, build a pipeline on the OL, and be opportunistic looking for explosiveness out of the backfield to complement Hall (wanted Achane last year - cheapest way to chase big plays on offense).

Okay but doesn’t have to be a wr.  Brady did plenty good throwing to Edelman and gronk.  Mahomes does pretty well throwing it to kelce and whomever.  The jets should be able to do much of the same with Conklin, Ruckert, and hall complementing Wilson.  I do think they need another reliable wr.  Right now Lazard has too many drops to take a whole lotta pressure off of Wilson.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Okay but doesn’t have to be a wr.  Brady did plenty good throwing to Edelman and gronk.  Mahomes does pretty well throwing it to kelce and whomever.  The jets should be able to do much of the same with Conklin, Ruckert, and hall complementing Wilson.  I do think they need another reliable wr.  Right now Lazard has too many drops to take a whole lotta pressure off of Wilson.

Except this is a good WR class not a good TE class, none of the Jets’ tight ends move the needle like Kelce or Gronk, the Jets need to compensate for offensive line struggles, and it cannot possibly be overstated that the Jets need to compensate for their quarterback play and don’t have anything remotely close to the two future Hall of Fame quarterbacks in their prime you gave as examples as how to overcome for deficiencies at the skill position.

I’m sure a quarterback at that level could produce with this Jets’ skill group. I even mentioned how a franchise QB would move the needle more than an offensive skill player in the post you quoted. But the 4-3 Jets don’t really have a reasonable path to that right now.