Jump to content

NFL Week 9 Jets Fan rooting guide


kevinc855

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The stakes for Monday Night if miami and buffalo lose tomorrow are just incredible to think about.  That week of Thanksgiving could be one of the most epic 5 day stretches in team history.

Yep and both teams have a very good shot at losing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raiders scare me in the short term. 

historically teams play good and get a win the next week after a in season coaching change. they need to get that win vs the Giants and get it out of there system. doesnt matter who is better.

Daboll took alot of heat for how they gave that game away vs us. and he has Jones back. they could win. then that makes me nervous for us the next week.

its like facing a 0-7 team. you know there going to win a game or 2. you just want that win right before your game so there not playing as hard. 

there going to play hard to win one for the new coach. let that be the Giants. lets hope its the Giants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s keep this going….lots to monitor on Sunday with no Jet game on while we wait for Monday. Monday look even bigger with…

Chiefs over Dolphins (sun morn)

Commies over Pats (what an ugly game)

Seahawks over Ravens (someone slow down Bal)

Bucs over Texans (this may knock Texans out) 

Cardinals over Browns (these be a clutch upset for jets fans if it happens)

Panthers over Colts (knock Indy out please) 

Giants over Raiders (make the raiders 3-6 and done before us)

Bengals over Bills (buffalo are frauds)

Go Jets! What I miss? 

 

 

I always root for Cleveland to lose with the perennial league MVP perv back there but if I’m being honest I hate that org MORE because of all the jabs and indirect disses to the Jets when we traded those clowns Moore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, doitny said:

Raiders scare me in the short term. 

historically teams play good and get a win the next week after a in season coaching change. they need to get that win vs the Giants and get it out of there system. doesnt matter who is better.

Daboll took alot of heat for how they gave that game away vs us. and he has Jones back. they could win. then that makes me nervous for us the next week.

its like facing a 0-7 team. you know there going to win a game or 2. you just want that win right before your game so there not playing as hard. 

there going to play hard to win one for the new coach. let that be the Giants. lets hope its the Giants.

You know what I find funny about a lot of these coaching change victories ..... The fact that a bad team was able to get pumped up enough to either beat a good team the following week or even play a close game with one. Why are professional athletes not pumped up like that every week ? That's what they get paid for right ?  Its makes you wonder how much a motivational HC matters in the NFL . Obviously they need to have some good X's and O's to back it up but there are many types of motivational practices used by HC's but sometimes that stuff can wear off over time kind of like a Rex Ryan Situation IMO. 

A guy like Josh McDaniels tries too hard to be like his mentor and he's missing two key factors X's and O's and an all time great QB

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You know what I find funny about a lot of these coaching change victories ..... The fact that a bad team was able to get pumped up enough to either beat a good team the following week or even play a close game with one. Why are professional athletes not pumped up like that every week ? That's what they get paid for right ?  Its makes you wonder how much a motivational HC matters in the NFL . Obviously they need to have some good X's and O's to back it up but there are many types of motivational practices used by HC's but sometimes that stuff can wear off over time kind of like a Rex Ryan Situation IMO. 

A guy like Josh McDaniels tries too hard to be like his mentor and he's missing two key factors X's and O's and an all time great QB

i think its like a "good cop, bad cop" thing.

with a HC like McDaniels who thinks being hard on guys like Belichick is the way to go your positional coaches have to not be like that. there the nicer guys you can talk to and you probably spend more time with them than the HC so you have a better relationship. and now when that guy becomes HC you want to play good for him cause you like him.

i think its different with professional athletes than guys like us. they have an out. there contract can be up soon or there agent can force a trade, so they just got to bide there time until they can move on. 

me and you its different. we either cant or dont want to move on for various reasons. a bad boss would make our work suffer even though we need our jobs a hell of alot for then these millionaire players. 

just think back when you were in your teens or 20s if you have a job or boss you didnt like. you didnt care if you got fired. and you didnt give it your best. and thats the same age as alot of these players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Same Old Jets said:

Stop begging for other team losses and instead for the Jets to be a better team, playing with consistency on all sides. 

Yea well unless you’re undefeated it’s the reality. The jets are 4-3 and will need help along the way. Number one priority? Yes win your own games but let’s not act like other teams losing doesn’t help the cause 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea well unless you’re undefeated it’s the reality. The jets are 4-3 and will need help along the way. Number one priority? Yes win your own games but let’s not act like other teams losing doesn’t help the cause 

Start counting these games when they actually matter.  We should have a better picture by week 11, maybe premature at this stage, thanks for your effort. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea well unless you’re undefeated it’s the reality. The jets are 4-3 and will need help along the way. Number one priority? Yes win your own games but let’s not act like other teams losing doesn’t help the cause 

I’d like to get one of those opening drive touchdown things all the cool kids have, 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s keep this going….lots to monitor on Sunday with no Jet game on while we wait for Monday. Monday look even bigger with…

Chiefs over Dolphins (sun morn)

Commies over Pats (what an ugly game)

Seahawks over Ravens (someone slow down Bal)

Bucs over Texans (this may knock Texans out) 

Cardinals over Browns (these be a clutch upset for jets fans if it happens)

Panthers over Colts (knock Indy out please) 

Giants over Raiders (make the raiders 3-6 and done before us)

Bengals over Bills (buffalo are frauds)

Go Jets! What I miss? 

 

 

I want pats to win

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's an interesting factoid.  According to Buffalo Jets Fan if we beat the Chargers we have a 65% chance to make the playoffs and if we lose to them it slides all the way down to 35%.  
That is interesting... I'd like to see the breakdown on that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...