NFL games are 48 of the top 50 most watched TV events this year.

T0mShane

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Probably doesn’t deserve its own thread, but it was still a wow stat, especially considering the Jets played in three of the top five. Football is king.

I remember a friend telling me he thought the CTE stories/lawsuits were going to be the NFL's downfall.  It's not going anywhere.  Ever.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I remember a friend telling me he thought the CTE stories/lawsuits were going to be the NFL's downfall.  It's not going anywhere.  Ever.

I’m thinking about all the things that were supposedly going to ruin the NFL over the years. CTE, Kaepernick, rules changes, the refs, etc. None of it sticks. 

• Upvote 2

You just wait till it goes full Flag Football.
That said, it is one of the few things I look forward to.
The saddest aspect of this statement is the truth... Once the game is full-on flag football in the not so distant future ... There will be those claiming it's a better product because of the safety... Cold hard truth is that the violence and danger is what makes it so appealing. It is also the reason most fans don't mind the 100m dollar contracts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

During Covid, when players were kneeling…ignorant people were pointing to a small sample size of NFL ratings being down.

During that time, those same people conveniently ignored the fact that viewership was down in other sports such as baseball, hockey and golf.

Then those folks ignored the fact that the NFL signed an Amazon deal in early 2021 for over $100,000,000,000.

Whatever happened to those silly  “we’re done watching the NFL & NFL is in trouble” people? Where did they go?

The NFL, even with frustrating rule changes that handcuffs defensive players and trash referees, is a freaking juggernaut. Ain’t going nowhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The saddest aspect of this statement is the truth... Once the game is full-on flag football in the not so distant future ... There will be those claiming it's a better product because of the safety... Cold hard truth is that the violence and danger is what makes it so appealing. It is also the reason most fans don't mind the 100m dollar contracts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

what about those ugly helmets thats suppose to protect them better. if they change to that im done.

17 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

During Covid, when players were kneeling…ignorant people were pointing to a small sample size of NFL ratings being down.

During that time, those same people conveniently ignored the fact that viewership was down in other sports such as baseball, hockey and golf.

Then those folks ignored the fact that the NFL signed an Amazon deal in early 2021 for over $100,000,000,000.

Whatever happened to those silly  “we’re done watching the NFL & NFL is in trouble” people? Where did they go?

The NFL, even with frustrating rule changes that handcuffs defensive players and trash referees, is a freaking juggernaut. Ain’t going nowhere. 

to be fair where did all the proceeds go

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This has a lot to do with cable cutting I’d imagine. lots of people only watch regular cable for sports and stream everything else 

Geez I used to get weird looks when I’d say I don’t have cable. Now I’m cutting edge. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

This gives the NFL a bigger reason to start calling personal foul or roughing the passer calls on Zach Wilson.  He needs to start getting respect around the league and for him not to ever get a roughing passing call is utterly beyond imagination. 

Counterpoint: maybe American audiences are tuning in specifically to watch Zach Wilson get his ass kicked. 

• Post of the Week 1