Starting RB Successfully Influences Jets' Color Combo for MNF

doitny

The New York Jets' equipment managers apparently value Breece Hall's opinion.

Posting on the social media site formerly known as Twitter, the starting running back proclaimed his preference for a particular uniform color combination on Thursday. With the team seemingly planning to stick with the white-on-white setup that they wore in Week 8, Hall returned to social media and expressed his displeasure in the form of a facepalm emoji.

Two days later, the Jets announced the news that Hall and a healthy portion of the fan base have been wanting to hear. As suggested by its RB1, the team will indeed don white jerseys and black pants for their Monday Night Football matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Jets' owner Woody Johnson unveiled the planned uniform combination on X along with the message "We heard you, @BreeceH. White on Black for #LACvsNYJ."

Hall responded by reposting the message and adding "Y'all Welcome 🤣🤣🤣," suggesting he was doing a public service by lobbying for the particular color choice.

The November 6 primetime affair will mark the first time all season that the Jets wear black pants. 

Hall enjoyed a monster performance while wearing black pants as a rookie, gaining a career-high 197 scrimmage yards (97 rush, 100 rec) in a 40-17 win over the Miami Dolphins on October 9, 2022. 

Having successfully recovered from ACL surgery, and back to full speed, Hall continues to lead the NFL in yards per carry average (5.68) this season. 

The 22-year-old running back has totaled 632 yards from scrimmage (443 rush, 189 rec) through seven games. One can argue that the level of production has earned Hall the right to weigh in on the uniform selection process.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

The New York Jets' equipment managers apparently value Breece Hall's opinion.

Posting on the social media site formerly known as Twitter, the starting running back proclaimed his preference for a particular uniform color combination on Thursday. With the team seemingly planning to stick with the white-on-white setup that they wore in Week 8, Hall returned to social media and expressed his displeasure in the form of a facepalm emoji.

Two days later, the Jets announced the news that Hall and a healthy portion of the fan base have been wanting to hear. As suggested by its RB1, the team will indeed don white jerseys and black pants for their Monday Night Football matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Jets' owner Woody Johnson unveiled the planned uniform combination on X along with the message "We heard you, @BreeceH. White on Black for #LACvsNYJ."

Hall responded by reposting the message and adding "Y'all Welcome 🤣🤣🤣," suggesting he was doing a public service by lobbying for the particular color choice.

The November 6 primetime affair will mark the first time all season that the Jets wear black pants. 

Hall enjoyed a monster performance while wearing black pants as a rookie, gaining a career-high 197 scrimmage yards (97 rush, 100 rec) in a 40-17 win over the Miami Dolphins on October 9, 2022. 

Having successfully recovered from ACL surgery, and back to full speed, Hall continues to lead the NFL in yards per carry average (5.68) this season. 

The 22-year-old running back has totaled 632 yards from scrimmage (443 rush, 189 rec) through seven games. One can argue that the level of production has earned Hall the right to weigh in on the uniform selection process.

I'll never understand the number of fans (and apparently players) who spend even one second thinking about what color combo a bunch of grown men will be wearing while they try to rip each other's heads off.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'll never understand the number of fans (and apparently players) who spend even one second thinking about what color combo a bunch of grown men will be wearing while they try to rip each other's heads off.

it makes the game better to watch if you like there uniforms. like when we do the Titians ones. i cant stand those.

and the players, well thats there uniforms. if they think they look better in one or the other its the same as the clothes they wear to go out. they want to look good.

i know most guys got there fandom handed down to them from a father or other family member, but i didnt have a father growing up. so i went with what team i liked to watch. and that had everything to do with the uniforms.

and as you can see it didnt work out to well for me..lol

im 50 and back in the early 80s when the Mets were bad i like there uniforms. thats when i began to like them. the Mets and the National league looked better to me than the Yankees and the American league. this might sound crazy but the Mets games looked like color TV and the Yankees looked like black and white TV. 

i remember the Mud Bowl. i was 9 in 1982. i remember that postseason so well. we crushed the Bengals and Freeman McNeil had a huge day. next week we beat the Raiders in L.A. so i must have ben a fan for a year or 2 before that. 

but i loved those green uniforms with the green Jets on the helmet. and i hated the Giant blue and the name on there helmets. TBH if they were wearing the Namath era uniforms i probably be a Giant fan. i think i hate them more then the Giants uniforms. and now i hate the NY on there helmets even more.. lol

im guessing if you let a kid decide what team he likes without any influence from a grownup cause sons like to be like there father he is going to pick a team thats is nice to watch and thats the uniform. at least thats what did it to me.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:
Why are we wearing white at home if it's not the legacy uniform?

If they have to go white on black then wear the black helmet.  

Why is there black as a primary color ? I guess the team has right to move away from green ... Just a bit weird that the primaries are black and white.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie