Poll on Zach's Production

Hex

What will Zach Wilson do?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. He will...

• pass for 300 Yards
    • throw 3 passing TDs
    • do neither

So the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, if not the worst. If there is any game for Zach Wilson to pass for 300 yards or finally break the 3 TD curse he has, this would be it. I'm kind of curious what other people think his chances are on this.

• Haha 1

Personally I'm going with 'close, but no cigar'. I doubt he will be a liability in this game, but I also don't see him carrying the team or producing very high. He hasn't shown he can do that yet this season, even against bad defenses.

3 hours ago, Hex said:

So the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, if not the worst. If there is any game for Zach Wilson to pass for 300 yards or finally break the 3 TD curse he has, this would be it. I'm kind of curious what other people think his chances are on this.

well i tell you this. with the Chargers pass defense and the weather not being a problem there is no excuse from his fanboys if he cant complete passes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

well i tell you this. with the Chargers pass defense and the weather not being a problem there is no excuse from his fanboys if he cant complete passes.

Have you seen what the Jets are putting on the field and calling an OL???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Zach is only here because Joe Douglas and the rest of the clown car organization won't admit they made a mistake in drafting him .
That. ... And he is an ascending young player , continually improving ...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That is correct .. I will be ecstatic with 220 .. 2 TDs and a best of all ... Yet another (W)

Fantasy boys can suck it.

The Chargers just held an arguably better young QB in Tyson Bagent to 232 yards and 13 points. This is gonna have to be a Breece Hall bailout game.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm not the biggest ZW fan, but this dingo's analysis is spot on. If we get this OT ZW sitting behind AR8 for another year, he could finally put it all together. Of course the OL needs to be healthy and consistent, he needs to chuck it out rather than taking sacks, and the drops have to stop, but to deny that ZW hasn't improved is silly. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The Chargers just held an arguably better young QB in Tyson Bagent to 232 yards and 13 points. This is gonna have to be a Breece Hall bailout game.
If it's a W I'm more than pumped for Breece to Beast all night.... But I'd be over the moon with 220 2TDs from ZW and Breece getting 2 TDs and 115.

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You really need to learn about social media. It is all about clicks and subscriptions that appeal to certain segment of the population. You are part of the pro Zach movement and this guy has cherry picked a bunch of things or just spun some stats that appeal to you. It isn't an unbiased  opinion,  just one that will make you view it and make money for that person. There are even people doing this for that group of people that hate police.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

Just now, Jets Things said:

I'm not the biggest ZW fan, but this dingo's analysis is spot on. If we get this OT ZW sitting behind AR8 for another year, he could finally put it all together. Of course the OL needs to be healthy and consistent, he needs to chuck it out rather than taking sacks, and the drops have to stop, but to deny that ZW hasn't improved is silly. 

Where does he rank stats-wise vs other QBs? I like hard numbers and not some fantasy video reel packaged with an engaging accent. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:
You really need to learn about social media. It is all about clicks and subscriptions that appeal to certain segment of the population. You are part of the pro Zach movement and this guy has cherry picked a bunch of things or just spun some stats that appeal to you. It isn't an unbiased  opinion,  just one that will make you view it and make money for that person. There are even people doing this for that group of people that hate police.  

I know all that . But fact is ... There is a LOT to like. Flaws to be cleaned up ... But I can see a turning point coming if Robert Saleh allows the offense to try to win.

Edited by Dunnie

This is another game that wont count for Zach as come Tuesday morning, Jet fans will be saying the Chargers D is like the 85 bears.
Zach has not thrown a real td pass in over a month.  That is absolutely mind boggling.
Or another where the blame for the failure of the OL to protect, or defense getting 150yards in asinine penalties is placed squarely on the young improving quarterbacks shoulders.

Knife cuts both ways my friend.

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If it's a W I'm more than pumped for Breece to Beast all night.... But I'd be over the moon with 220 2TDs from ZW and Breece getting 2 TDs and 115.

Agreed it would represent a Herculean feat for Zach Wilson, given that he’s only thrown for more than one (1) TD in a mere six of his 29 starts.

• Upvote 2

Agreed it would represent a Herculean feat for Zach Wilson, given that he’s only thrown for more than one (1) TD in a mere six of his 29 starts.
It would just signal continued improvement... And a step in the right direction

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That is correct .. I will be ecstatic with 220 .. 2 TDs and a best of all ... Yet another (W)

Fantasy boys can suck it.

I guess a 300 yard game or a 3 TD game may be a "fantasy", if even you say so.

I'm curious, do you think fans who doubt Zach aren't rooting for wins above all else?  Honestly.

Zach’s production is bad and I expect that to continue. But as long as he can manage the game and keep us in it, that’s good enough for this year.

It’s difficult to hope for more production when we objectively have one of the top 5 worst Olines in football. Too man injuries, no continuity, it’s just a disaster. You would need a qb with joe burrow/mahomes type talents to carry this oline. That’s just not a fair expectation from Zach anymore. He’s not the franchise qb #2 pick we hoped we were getting, that ship has sailed.

I guess a 300 yard game or a 3 TD game may be a "fantasy", if even you say so.
I'm curious, do you think fans who doubt Zach aren't rooting for wins above all else?  Honestly.
No ... I think 98 percent would be over the world with improvement...

There will always be guys that just don't like the kid as the FQB for whatever reason ... And that's totally understandable too.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If Zach throws for 300 yards this season, this is the game for him to do it, at least show that he is stacking improvement game to game.

After watching the all 22 of the Giants game, I realized he played competent football for most of the game outside of his mistakes: the sacks, dirting the one ball to Breece and a misplayed RPO.

His pocket presence was greatly improved, he wasn’t miss seeing the open receiver (most games he misses it about 5-6 plays), his inaccurate throws were because he was being hit or couldn’t step into the throw, his 50/50 balls were placed well and the times he held onto the ball was because no one was open.

I need to see him do it consistently before I start believing he can be a FQB.