Jets / Chargers Opening Drive Strategy

Dunnie

Jets / Chargers Opening Drive Strategy  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the Jets opening drive scripted ?

• 1. Heavy dose of Breece ... slam the run game down the Chargers throat to establish a tone.
    • 2. Heavy Pass - Play Action centric ... Shock the defense.
    • 3. Balanced but leaning toward Run.
    • 4. Hurry Up - Establish a rhythm by going Up tempo. (not quite full on hurry up)
    • 5. wide zone runs to start wearing the defense down.
    • 6. Go Heavy - Two Tight End sets Ruckert and Conklin ... attack the center of the defense.
    • 7. Full On Jay Cutler - I DONT CARE !!!
  2. 2. Will the Jets score on their opening drive ?

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i said start with heavy pass and as of right now im the only one.

everybody and there grandma will be expecting a heavy dose of Hall. let the pass set up the run.

Good point.

Counterpoint, the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses and might expect the Jets to attack that.

Better counterpoint, do you trust Zach enough to rely on him in the first quarter?

Good point.
Counterpoint, the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses and might expect the Jets to attack that.
Better counterpoint, do you trust Zach enough to rely on him in the first quarter?
I'd just like to try and get him in rhythm early ... Hackett has proven to not know how to do this ... Up tempo might work.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

I'd just like to try and get him in rhythm early ... Hackett has proven to not know how to do this ... Up tempo might work.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

True. I would have picked the uptempo option if I had seen it the first time. It's probably the best way to get Zach in the right mindset.

Like Zach Wilson, I have ADHD. I have personally found it to be more helpful than harmful once I figured out how to use it to my advantage, but I have run into similar problems Zach has. For example, when I start something I want to work on I struggle to focus at the start. However, once time starts to wind down a little more I can get into a rhythm hyperfocus, and often I end up having better production than others. I see a similar thing in Zach. He tends to struggle at the start of the game, but the times he has played the best has (generally) been at the end of the game or sometimes at the end of the half.

This is why I don't trust Zach to play well at the start of the game. Because I know exactly what it is like to struggle to focus at the start, and I also know what it looks like when someone hasn't figured out how to resolve it. To me it seems a better way to weight some pass in and rush and try and get the rhythm started than just try and immediately attack the secondary relentlessly, because I don't think his mind will be in the game.

My understanding of his struggles are why I view a huge part of his bad playing as a focus issue and a reason I don't trust him to play well, but also a reason I disagree with those who say his mind is unfixable. Because I have managed to (mostly) resolve my focus issues and become very productive. I have hope that he can do the same.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Good point.

i dont trust Zach at all. 

i think its common sense to force the 30th worst QB in the NFL to beat you. and i think teams have been doing that. its no coincidence that Hall has been shut down after that one big game. 

so we either have Zach throw in early or he will be forced to throw it alot after they stop Hall and cause 4 three and outs. we got nothing to lose.

• Upvote 2

True. I would have picked the uptempo option if I had seen it the first time. It's probably the best way to get Zach in the right mindset.
Like Zach Wilson, I have ADHD. I have personally found it to be more helpful than harmful once I figured out how to use it to my advantage, but I have run into similar problems Zach has. For example, when I start something I want to work on I struggle to focus at the start. However, once time starts to wind down a little more I can get into a rhythm hyperfocus, and often I end up having better production than others. I see a similar thing in Zach. He tends to struggle at the start of the game, but the times he has played the best has (generally) been at the end of the game or sometimes at the end of the half.
This is why I don't trust Zach to play well at the start of the game. Because I know exactly what it is like to struggle to focus at the start, and I also know what it looks like when someone hasn't figured out how to resolve it. To me it seems a better way to weight some pass in and rush and try and get the rhythm started than just try and immediately attack the secondary relentlessly, because I don't think his mind will be in the game.
My understanding of his struggles are why I view a huge part of his bad playing as a focus issue and a reason I don't trust him to play well, but also a reason I disagree with those who say his mind is unfixable. Because I have managed to (mostly) resolve my focus issues and become very productive. I have hope that he can do the same.

Yup, I have it too and at times it’s a superpower.
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Wit said:

Yup, I have it too and at times it’s a superpower.

Yeah. That's why I believe it's an enabler, rather than a disabler. I know that I have found more advantage than disability out of it. It just takes some effort to learn how to manage it.

Do hurry up the entire game Chip Kelly style. The less Zach thinks the better he plays. The chargers have a terrible pass D. If there was any game to get the O going it should be this one. If they can’t do it now then they are toast. 

please just win enough and hopefully Rodgers can come back 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

i said start with heavy pass and as of right now im the only one.

everybody and there grandma will be expecting a heavy dose of Hall. let the pass set up the run.

agree...play fake with an easy pass first play.   D will be expecting hall up the middle.  Give ZW an easy pass to get started.   We never, ever seem to do this.   We'll most likely get stuffed 2X up the middle put Zack in 3rd and long and go 3 and out.

• Upvote 1